THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 10-21-2009, 02:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool Three teens wreck 2010 Mustang GT on test drive

Holy **** !
http://www.carthusiast.com/three-tee...drive-528.html

Old 10-21-2009, 02:52 PM

DAYUM!!!!!!!! i couldn't even test drive my 09 Challenger when I went to look at it, until I signed the papers, and even then was only allowed to drive it on site. WTF? no salesman with 3 Teenagers? Glad the Kids are OK, bet the dealership's a$$ is grass!!

~MaryAnn~ AKA "Stickybuns"
1969 Firebird 400 Convertible
1978 Bandit T/A Tribute
1977 RED TA

I'm the FiredUp PY bad girl
Old 10-21-2009, 03:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Eh, just a couple of scratches. Body shop will fix 'er up jus like new.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:03 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

By golly, if that were a '59 Impala it would barely have a scratch!!!!

2015 Challenger R/T Plus, hemi, Sublime
Old 10-21-2009, 04:09 PM

What was that line in the movie "Fast times at Ridgemont High"?

Old 10-21-2009, 04:18 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

This would be it

Jeff Spicoli: "Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it."

74 SD TA 4spd.
72 442 W-30 auto, post coupe Bamboo. 1 of 19 total.
90 300zx TT 5spd.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to YVEYANT

Publicity stunt. Car was going over 100 MPH, no seat belt, one was thrown from the car and they all walk away with minor bumps and scratches?? Come on..
Oddly enough the speedometer gets stuck at 105 MPH, there is a pic of it and they are quick to mention the car has a 5 star crash rating which is now confirmed as well deserved..That says it all.. I don't buy it.

Ant
1967 Pontiac Tempest, GTO-Inspired

"What's so special about having Italian food cooked by a bunch of friggin Mexicans"
Paulie-
Rocky Balboa

"Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it"
Braveheart

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...Wm0SlqN030.jpg
Old 10-21-2009, 05:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ah, it'l buff right out.

Old 10-21-2009, 05:36 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVEYANT View Post
Publicity stunt. Car was going over 100 MPH, no seat belt, one was thrown from the car and they all walk away with minor bumps and scratches?? Come on..
Oddly enough the speedometer gets stuck at 105 MPH, there is a pic of it and they are quick to mention the car has a 5 star crash rating which is now confirmed as well deserved..That says it all.. I don't buy it.
Are you serious? 100 mph getting thrown from the car? Was the Justice League driving this car?

Old 10-21-2009, 06:21 PM
Boost Engineer

I have a couple of friends get thrown from a Chevelle in the 1970s. One guy was never the same (Brain Wise) after that. The other guy survived just fine, (minus the foot and ankle which were severed by the windshield). The car speedo was jammed at 115 which was a very easy speed for a 396/375 car at the time. That was the guys in the front seat. The two people in the backseat , (boy and girl) were killed in the crash (car ran off the road and hit a concrete culvert).

Where could Ford "FAKE" a crash like that, Yveyant?

Any crash like that would have to be created in the Crash Barrier Building in the infield of the Ford Proving Ground in Dearborn, Mi.

NO Vehicle is ever removed from that Test Track crash site and parked in a basic parking lot with a wood stockade fence around it.

How many crash tests have you actually observed at an OEM Manufacturer's site? Yveyant? I have observed a lot of them when I worked on the Dearborn Proving Grounds.

Tom Vaught

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That'll buff right out!

7.940@170.84. 3460#s
Old 10-21-2009, 07:41 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyyy View Post
Are you serious? 100 mph getting thrown from the car? Was the Justice League driving this car?
There is an old "amazing police chase video" where a Corvette is running in the desert somewhere and weaving around 18 wheelers in excess of 100 mph. Its being video recorded from a copter. The Vette clips one of the trailers and goes off the road and disintegrates. The driver is thrown from the vehicle and gets up and tries to run away. Crazy but it happens.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to YVEYANT

Back up Tom, you jumped the gun.. I don't think FORD had anything to do with this and I never said that.
My money would be on something more along the lines that the car was stolen off a dealer lot. No elaborate stories.

This "Story" came from a Mustang Blog and was published 3 months ago. In my opinion this was cheap publicity to get people to go to their blog and at the same time brag about the new Mustang's 5 star crash rating with this being the alleged proof as to how good the car can fare against a 100 MPH crash. They succeeded there, because here we are three months after the "Story" still clicking on the site. This past three months, that site has probably had more hits then ever before.
No different than buying a STAR magazine.
To add: This is not a Mustang bashing post. I love Mustangs and to date have owned 12. If this story is true, more power to the car for taking care of it's passengers, but I doubt it..

Come on.. not one, but three people survive a 100 mph crash with minor scapes and bruises AND one gets thrown from the car at 100 mph and walks away, give me a break, the B.S. meter is pegging there. Something is not right.
When the author was asked to verify the "Story" he simply re-posted the exact same thing with no additional details and refuses to cooperate, do the research.
It is not verified that teenagers were in the car or that it was being test driven.

100 MPH in a car is criminal on public streets, with that said, this car would be sitting in a police impound yard or in front of a police station.
If teenagers were in the car and a salesman let this happen, it would have been all over the news by now with reports from the local police in which this originated. This would make headlines.
I could be wrong and this is only my opinion. Time will tell..

Ant
1967 Pontiac Tempest, GTO-Inspired

"What's so special about having Italian food cooked by a bunch of friggin Mexicans"
Paulie-
Rocky Balboa

"Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it"
Braveheart

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...Wm0SlqN030.jpg

Last edited by YVEYANT; 10-21-2009 at 08:07 PM.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:59 PM
Suspended

Location: The Palomino Ranch in Tucson-where the real horsepower lives.

Tom makes some valid points.However, i'd counter with"What dealer today would toss the keys to 3 "teenagers" for an "un-supervised"test drive?Something is "odiferous" in a Scandanavian country.

Old 10-21-2009, 08:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Do you think that will show up on a carfax? whats with the speedo?

Old 10-21-2009, 08:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Geez...

1966 GTO Montero Red Hardtop - Holley EFI'd 462, KRE DPorts/Muncie 4spd
1990 Chevy 454SS pickup - Accel DFI/T56 6spd - Hot Rod Power Tour Long Hauler
1996 Chevy K2500 ECSB 'Poopy'
2002 Honda VTX1800C
2016 Cadillac CTS Premium

My project thread: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=516826

Old 10-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVEYANT View Post
This past three months, that site has probably had more hits then ever before.
Their site only shows 6072 views.

Haven't seen the blog, but I agree, at max velocity it's doubtful someone would survive being thrown *but* (at a much lower speed) you can get thrown without enduring much more than some minor abrasions.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:48 PM
Senior Chief

Ouch.........doubt that will buff out. When in high school, a buddy and I test drove a new Porche while on lunch break. I was 17 at the time, and they let us take it out by ourselves. Picked up 3 girls and went crusing around for a couple hours. Redlined it in 2nd a few times as upshifting was difficult with 5 people stuffed inside. Took it back and parked it then hopped into his SS and left, no questions asked.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Back in the late 60's I investigated a single car accident on base. It was a Nova with the 350, 4 speed and still had the paper plates on it. The driver lost it at about 115 MPH but the first roll over occurred after the car had slowed to about 70 in the field. Rolled three times and each time one of the guys came out. Only injury was the driver with a broken arm - he was the last one thrown out and the car ended up on his arm. It happened on Saturday, and the two passengers were back on duty that Monday without missing any time. The driver reported for duty on Wednesday with the arm in a cast. Their story was the car had a blowout and they were only doing 60-65 MPH and don't know how things happened. We had everything from the burn out to the marks where the car left the road to the distance the car covered while in the air. The Nova was unrecognizable and all four wheels had been torn off.

That said, I don't see any evidence of a roll over from the pictures, and the teens sure wouldn't survive going through the windshield. Last year two teenagers in our town were killed when they were ejected from a 2007 Yukon on a relatively slow speed roll. Driver was wearing his safety belt and only had cuts and scrapes. The SUV was scraped up but surprisingly all the back glass was intact. Both teens landed on the pavement and were killed instantly.

Old 10-22-2009, 01:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to performerrpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix View Post
There is an old "amazing police chase video" where a Corvette is running in the desert somewhere and weaving around 18 wheelers in excess of 100 mph. Its being video recorded from a copter. The Vette clips one of the trailers and goes off the road and disintegrates. The driver is thrown from the vehicle and gets up and tries to run away. Crazy but it happens.
i seen the on amzing police videos, i also seen it on another show where they explained he wasnt facing any serious charges-like the ones he got- if he had stopped- i dont think he even had any warrants