THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to YVEYANT
Thumbs up Amazon add for Ozium. Very Misleading

Ok so after reading some of your threads on Ozium, I decided to give it a try. I went to Amazon as I shop there often and trust the site with my card..
I came across this combo deal http://www.amazon.com/Ozium-Sanitize...949973&sr=8-16 and decided to go for it despite being expensive. I figured if it works, it's worth it.

To my surprise, when the order came in, I did not get 5 combo items as shown in the picture, I received one 3.5 ounce, citrus scented, skinny bottle of ozium at $22.99??? I saw red rats!!! The add is purposefully misleading.

I called the company that distributes this stuff and advertises through Amazon. I spoke to two girls who were rude and as a matter of factish. They both put their foot in their mouths by telling me, they are tired of people calling and complaing about the same add in question and that they were not doing anything about it.

They blamed Amazon for showing five products for $22.99 and yet they ship one. No where in the add does it say this add is for one product. When you scroll over one item, you are given a individual price. I felt that was to show you what those items would be bought seperately. They show five in the pic, you should get five..

Amazon was great, they said they were all over it and were surprised when they found out the company had blamed them for the advertising flaw. Within a week my money was refunded with an apology note and told me to keep the Ozium on them.
Yet to my surprise the add has not been changed. Some people never learn..

Ant
1967 Pontiac Tempest, GTO-Inspired

"What's so special about having Italian food cooked by a bunch of friggin Mexicans"
Paulie-
Rocky Balboa

"Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it"
Braveheart

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...Wm0SlqN030.jpg
Old 10-30-2009, 09:27 PM
Senior Chief

sounds like a thumbs-up for Amazon, good to hear that.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Go to the auto parts store or wally world and get the same thing for $3 in the air freshener section.

Old 10-30-2009, 10:38 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well it does say 1500 sprays, I wonder how many sprays you'll get out of one bottle. That is quite a bit of money just for one bottle of this stuff, although I have yet to try it. I just use the Meguiar's odor spray that comes in the yellow bottle.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Even if I spritzed, I dont think I could get 200 out of this bottle. 1500 would be a feat..

Ant

"What's so special about having Italian food cooked by a bunch of friggin Mexicans"
Paulie-
Rocky Balboa

Braveheart

Old 10-30-2009, 11:25 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Frolick View Post
sounds like a thumbs-up for Amazon, good to hear that.
I like to hear about companies that are willing to stand by their products AND their customers. You don't see enough of that nowadays.

More doors = more love!
Old 10-31-2009, 01:10 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Since I am one of the ones who bragged about it, I'm sorry that you (as we say here)
"Got Pooned". My wife works @ Walgreen's and she got me the large can there.

Old 10-31-2009, 01:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not at all, Amazon made it right. But by not changing the add, they are setting themselves up for another loss..

Ant

Paulie-
Rocky Balboa

Braveheart

Old 11-01-2009, 11:40 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

So why don't you leave a review on the Amazon site to warn other potential customers?
I find it hard to believe they have had multiple complaints yet no one has done a customer review to explain that it's only for one bottle, also that the one bottle is way overpriced.
If you saw that someone had written a customer review describing the actual purchased product as one can instead of five, would you have bought it anyway?
The company probably makes a killing from their overpriced product and misleading ad because a lot of people won't bother to send it back. And apparently no one felt they got hosed bad enough to write a customer review.
I've never bought anything from Amazon, but I have bought from Newegg.com because I find the customer reviews on the Newegg site to be extremely helpful.

Looking closer at the ad, under "frequently bought together" where it offers a combo deal with 3 different products, it states:
This item: Ozium Air Sanitizer, Fresh Citrus, 1500 Sprays, 3.5 oz. by Timemist

Old 11-01-2009, 02:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

That is a great idea, I honestly never thought of revieing it. I did, here it goes..
http://www.amazon.com/Timemist-Ozium...owViewpoints=1

Ant

Paulie-
Rocky Balboa

Braveheart