THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 10-22-2009, 10:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default You must cut your lifestyle by 25 to 40%.....

You must cut your lifestyle by 25 to 40 per cent

20 Oct 09 - Speaking at an international summit on climate change in London, Gordon Brown, the Prime Minister, said that rich nations need to commit to cut greenhouse gas emissions by between 25 to 40 per cent by 2020.
Meaning that YOU must cut your lifestyle by 25 to 40 per cent.
At the same time, China and India, among the biggest polluters in the 21st century, “must set out concrete proposals to limit the damage caused by their own rapid development.”

They don’t actually have to do anything. Just present some
“concrete proposals.”

Mr. Brown said that rich countries, including Britain, “must also contribute to an annual fund of £60 billion to help poor countries adapt to climate change and switch to a low carbon economy.”

£60 billion per year! Where will that money come from? From YOU!

See entire article:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/climatechange/6375775/Climate-change-could-cause-more-problems-than-two-world-wars-Brown-warns.html

Thanks to Matt Knight and Benjamin Napier for this link
"These idiots are walking around among us," says Benjamin.
"These idiots are our leaders!"

http://FirstGenFirebird.org/show/closeup.mv?CarID=221

breathe and enjoy it , life is temporary

69 Firebird convertible
71 Triumph TR6
Old 10-22-2009, 11:32 AM
Suspended

Location: The Palomino Ranch in Tucson-where the real horsepower lives.

Is it any wonder why we told them to get ****ed back in 1776?

Old 10-22-2009, 12:02 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Yeah, we all know what a bang up job Blair and Gordon have done with their country.

Old 10-22-2009, 12:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm already -10 in the hole...

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 10-22-2009, 09:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Question cut my lifestyle???

"....cut greenhouse gas emissions by between 25 to 40 per cent by 2020."
"Meaning that YOU must cut your lifestyle by 25 to 40 per cent."

How does a cut in greenhouse gas emissions by a certain amount result in me having to change my "lifestyle' in the same corresponding amount? By what rational process do you measure that?

Does it mean that if greenhouse gas emissions are dropped 40% my lifestyle may change 25%? If greenhouse gas emissions are dropped 25% does my lifestyle change is 40%?

Conversely, if we increase greenhouse gas emissions 25%, will my lifestyle be better? If we increase greenhouse gas emissions from the 25% increase on up to a 40% increase, will my lifestyle be even much better?

A person's lifestyle consists of many aspects, not just the elements of it that involves the consumption of fossil fuels that generate greenhouse gas emissions.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:31 PM

Interesting that this comes out on the the day the BBC reports that no climate change has occured since 1998.

Lying bastards

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 10-23-2009, 10:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

[QUOTE=Doug;3800438]"....cut greenhouse gas emissions by between 25 to 40 per cent by 2020."

How does a cut in greenhouse gas emissions by a certain amount result in me having to change my "lifestyle' in the same corresponding amount? By what rational process do you measure that?

QUOTE]

Exactly what I was thinking. Who needs rational a thought process when you can just twist the words and start name calling.

71 Formula 433, Splayed cap 400 block, 4" stroke Scat forged crank, 6.8 Eagle rods, custom Autotec pistons. SD 295 KRE D ports, Old faithful hybrid roller, Torker II, Holley Sniper Stealth, Tribal Tubes, TKO 600, 3.73 Eaton posi.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Typical bull**** from another politician......hopefully he'll be gone at the next election.

1960 Laurentian 283
1963 Laurentian 283
1976 Trans Am 400
1977 Trans Am 400
1951 Chieftain Flat head 6
1967 Firebird 400 convertible
1967 Firebird 400 coupe
1979 Trans Am 403
1971 Formula 455 (clone)
1969 Firebird 350
1968 Firebird 428 manual.
Sydney, Australia
Old 10-23-2009, 11:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Probly means thier gon'a tax us on natural gas and electric for our homes and business.
And also monitor our vehicle milage for taxation.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to performerrpm

i wonder why it has to be the rich nations that cut back?? sure i can see the tree huggers wanting the rich nations money, but why the rich nations have to make the changes while the rest of the world gains from the richer nations loss from their cuts.......i guess that statement really dont apply to us here in the u.s. tho......the rich part

Old 10-23-2009, 11:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug View Post
"....cut greenhouse gas emissions by between 25 to 40 per cent by 2020."

Does it mean that if greenhouse gas emissions are dropped 40% my lifestyle may change 25%? If greenhouse gas emissions are dropped 25% does my lifestyle change is 40%?

Conversely, if we increase greenhouse gas emissions 25%, will my lifestyle be better? If we increase greenhouse gas emissions from the 25% increase on up to a 40% increase, will my lifestyle be even much better?

A person's lifestyle consists of many aspects, not just the elements of it that involves the consumption of fossil fuels that generate greenhouse gas emissions.
It does mean that when green house gases are cut 25-40% , as in Can N Trade, we are taxed for it...so, by paying higer taxes your life style may change...(unless you are multi millionaire , like Al Gore et al, then it wont harm you), Mine certyainly will...not sure if the 25-40% is an actual number , but for many it will most likely be in that range....and no, increasing gas emissions wont make your life style better...of course not...acc to these people we are already "up there" and are to be lowered down to more equal the rest of the world.....see the Copenhagen treaty coming up....

dont beileve it? will higher taxes affect your life style? will 25-40 % more taxes on goods you buy affect your life style? if not ,you are lucky...if it does, then all depending on your income level it will affect you more or less...

I can tell you how a 25% new tax on construction affected us in Sweden in 1967.... no jobs! in 6 mo the whole country stood still....

but of course, "it wont happen here"...."that was in a far away place"

69 Firebird convertible
71 Triumph TR6
Old 10-23-2009, 11:31 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjorn View Post
will higher taxes affect your life style? will 25-40 % more taxes on goods you buy affect your life style?

I can tell you how a 25% new tax on construction affected us in Sweden in 1967.... no jobs! in 6 mo the whole country stood still....
Oh, I get it. Now there is not only a correlation between carbon output and your lifestyle, now there is a correlation between carbon output and my individual taxes? Thanks for the clarification on that one. I'm with you on the notion that every country to do its part if some are required to which is what I believe your point is. However, your use of made up data to to correlate this to a political agenda is best a sport for Fox News as it causes a perfectly valid point to view to become dismissed as absurd. Further, I would argue such topics would qualify as political and best aired in the adolesent department called the clubhouse.

71 Formula 433, Splayed cap 400 block, 4" stroke Scat forged crank, 6.8 Eagle rods, custom Autotec pistons. SD 295 KRE D ports, Old faithful hybrid roller, Torker II, Holley Sniper Stealth, Tribal Tubes, TKO 600, 3.73 Eaton posi.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Another koolaid drinker.
I make 10K less then i did 20 yrs ago, and pay nearly 20% more in taxes.
Still live in the same house(no morgage) and drive older vehicles.
What do you have to say about that?

Old 10-23-2009, 12:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula8 View Post
Oh, I get it. Now there is not only a correlation between carbon output and your lifestyle, now there is a correlation between carbon output and my individual taxes? Thanks for the clarification on that one. I'm with you on the notion that every country to do its part if some are required to which is what I believe your point is. However, your use of made up data to to correlate this to a political agenda is best a sport for Fox News as it causes a perfectly valid point to view to become dismissed as absurd. Further, I would argue such topics would qualify as political and best aired in the adolesent department called the clubhouse.
LOL, that correlation is being put out there by the "alarmists"......and isnt Cap n trade a taxation?yes, they WILL affct your individual.....
I merely post the information, and my posts are not "made up"... and if you think information about climate is political, you are doing just what "they" do...you make it political...the weather could care less its doing what it always has, whether you believe one way or another....making it political so the info gets thrown to the clubhouse so others wont see it...yeah , typical....hide the info, dont let people see it...

I see where youre coming from...for sure.

69 Firebird convertible
71 Triumph TR6
Old 10-23-2009, 12:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I didn't say there may not be a correlation. My issue is you attaching numbers to it in an attempt to support your position as if it were factual. For the record, I have not given an opinion one way or another relative to the issue of climate change or global warming or whatever you chose to call it if it exists at all. My point is that you have absolutely no support for the figures you state. You have had at least three opportunities to make sense and have not managed to do so. Until then, it is made up that somehow, anyone's lifestyle is being asked to be decreased by 25-40%. That is precisely where I am coming from.

As far as throwing the issue to the clubhouse so others can't see it is equally absurd. I would encourage others interested in hot button, argumentative, political issues to visit the clubhouse and discuss there. It is not because I don't want the one person in the country that hasn't heard of global warming to be ill-informed. It is simply because it does not belong here in the lobby. As you unsurprisingly seem to have an issue with figuring out what belongs where. Here is the description of the Lobby from the PY site: "A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor."

I don't know? What part of that description matches your post?

Last edited by Formula8; 10-23-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-23-2009, 01:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Region Warrior View Post
Another koolaid drinker.
I make 10K less then i did 20 yrs ago, and pay nearly 20% more in taxes.
Still live in the same house(no morgage) and drive older vehicles.
What do you have to say about that?
What would you like me to say about that? Okay, my income has increased by about 90% over the last twenty years and my individual tax rate has stayed relatively the same. I have had four houses over the same period and a few new and old cars. So?

As far as the Kool aid comment is concerned. I don't drink the stuff. I take it you are implying that I follow some sort of leader without thought. I think most would find that such an implication is pretty far removed from reality. Good luck with your house and your vehicles though.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

1st, if you werent so fast in deciding that I came up with bogus numbers ,you`d probably see that the posted is from a website, and info attached... not my stuff ,just posted info made by someone else...not my numbers, so I have no support for numbers that arent mine
2nd as it comes to
Quote:
description of the Lobby from the PY site: "A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor."
I guess based on your input I`d guess its best described as "family oriented humor." LOL...or maybe just "a gathering place"....in those you do discuss news items...

69 Firebird convertible
71 Triumph TR6
Old 10-23-2009, 01:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to YVEYANT

Let it warm up, maybe then we will use 25 to 40% less oil to heat our homes..LOL

Ant
1967 Pontiac Tempest, GTO-Inspired

"What's so special about having Italian food cooked by a bunch of friggin Mexicans"
Paulie-
Rocky Balboa

"Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it"
Braveheart

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...Wm0SlqN030.jpg
Old 10-23-2009, 01:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula8 View Post
What would you like me to say about that? Okay, my income has increased by about 90% over the last twenty years and my individual tax rate has stayed relatively the same. I have had four houses over the same period and a few new and old cars. So?

As far as the Kool aid comment is concerned. I don't drink the stuff. I take it you are implying that I follow some sort of leader without thought. I think most would find that such an implication is pretty far removed from reality. Good luck with your house and your vehicles though.
that sounds like an incredibele feat....
my income has grown quite a bit over the past 40 yrs ,but so has my taxes....more than doubled tax rate from 1968 (first year worked in the uS)

69 Firebird convertible
71 Triumph TR6
Old 10-23-2009, 01:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVEYANT View Post
Let it warm up, maybe then we will use 25 to 40% less oil to heat our homes..LOL
works in NY but not in Houston...more warmth ,we use more AC....but I guess over the continental US , the useage increase/decrease would probaly average out....

69 Firebird convertible
71 Triumph TR6