THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 10-22-2009, 06:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I think if it were really going over 100, the damage would have been even worse.

Old 10-22-2009, 07:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Wow, is there anything good left on that car?

Car is a junk yard dog and maybe one day will be restored.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:13 AM
Suspended

Location: The Palomino Ranch in Tucson-where the real horsepower lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002Z4CSS View Post
Wow, is there anything good left on that car?

Yes.The propaganda value from a staged event.

Old 10-22-2009, 11:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to YVEYANT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrabill View Post
Yes.The propaganda value from a staged event.
What he said..

Ant
1967 Pontiac Tempest, GTO-Inspired

"What's so special about having Italian food cooked by a bunch of friggin Mexicans"
Paulie-
Rocky Balboa

"Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it"
Braveheart

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...Wm0SlqN030.jpg
Old 10-22-2009, 11:36 AM
Senior Chief

Default Video of ejected driver that lived

http://video.google.com/videosearch?...d=0CB4QqwQwAw#

Old 10-22-2009, 12:04 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix View Post
There is an old "amazing police chase video" where a Corvette is running in the desert somewhere and weaving around 18 wheelers in excess of 100 mph. Its being video recorded from a copter. The Vette clips one of the trailers and goes off the road and disintegrates. The driver is thrown from the vehicle and gets up and tries to run away. Crazy but it happens.
I saw that one. He still has eight lives left!

Old 10-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by lust4speed View Post
Back in the late 60's I investigated a single car accident on base. It was a Nova with the 350, 4 speed and still had the paper plates on it. The driver lost it at about 115 MPH but the first roll over occurred after the car had slowed to about 70 in the field. Rolled three times and each time one of the guys came out. Only injury was the driver with a broken arm - he was the last one thrown out and the car ended up on his arm. It happened on Saturday, and the two passengers were back on duty that Monday without missing any time. The driver reported for duty on Wednesday with the arm in a cast. Their story was the car had a blowout and they were only doing 60-65 MPH and don't know how things happened. We had everything from the burn out to the marks where the car left the road to the distance the car covered while in the air. The Nova was unrecognizable and all four wheels had been torn off.

That said, I don't see any evidence of a roll over from the pictures, and the teens sure wouldn't survive going through the windshield. Last year two teenagers in our town were killed when they were ejected from a 2007 Yukon on a relatively slow speed roll. Driver was wearing his safety belt and only had cuts and scrapes. The SUV was scraped up but surprisingly all the back glass was intact. Both teens landed on the pavement and were killed instantly.

its all depending on situation and every accident is different... I had two stories involving friends of mine.....where both are against the norm....

1) a married couple having a wreck, not wearing seat belts ,were thrown out thru the front windshield onto a grassy field....while their car exploded into flames.....they were told that they were saved because they did not wear seat belts...
2) an old friend of mine died here in Houston in his Mercedes, when it burned up after a collision...the wreck managed to make the seat belt latch mangled or something so he couldnt open it and get out.

still in "most" cases you are better off WITH belts , but some rare instances (you never will know which) you will be better without.

http://FirstGenFirebird.org/show/closeup.mv?CarID=221

breathe and enjoy it , life is temporary

69 Firebird convertible
71 Triumph TR6
Old 10-22-2009, 08:26 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Nothing on snopes.com

Usually if there is something false on the web, you can find it there...

DONE 11.738 @ 114 mph

See my thread in Best Pontiac Stories
http://forums.performanceyears.com/f...d.php?t=598985

Mrs. Rob B as of 9/25/2010

THE BEAR KILLER