Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 10-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by 355 View Post
We have found that ...as is well known firearms work great but they also cause problems as you may miss the dog and have a stray bullet hit something you wish it had NOT and its very easy to do this
THat's why I suggested the Cor-Bon or the Glaser Safety Slugs.

Old 10-02-2009, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott M View Post
THat's why I suggested the Cor-Bon or the Glaser Safety Slugs.

IMO---even a pre-frag config bullet like a glaser,magsafe,etc... is still a danger downrange....cor-bon are just standard copper and lead hollowpoints for the most part and while some of their loadings are great they are just normal design bullets.

I am all for firearms PLEASE Do not get me wrong if you think you can use a firearm on a attacking dog use it...just be sure you can hit the moveing and small target i.e. dog.

.40 cal weapons do work well on dogs as do 45acp,357,38spl +p and 9mm ..I would not use a .380acp or down....while they can work it may take time to do the job.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:38 AM
Senior Chief

Thumbs up animal repellant

buy a can of wasp & hornet spray, it shoots out 20-25 feet and should leave man or beast gasping f air!!their is electronic device which postal workers carry to scare off dogs or at least the untrained pro trained guard dogs,you can get it at some pet stores its the size of pack of ciggarets ,it is a high requency pain field generator.it gives you a major headache like you'v never had before,if you have worked around compressed air and heard a high pictched sound & then got a really bad headache you know what i talking about.their is video of the feds using a truck mounted device of this kind against the branch davidians at waco to drive um nuts. the cops are also using now a small loudspeaker sized version of this f riot & crowd control use.no earplugs wont stop it.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Wasp Spray

Yeah, madokie. I just received this Email

No longer do you need to keep your .45 or AK-47 sitting out on the coffee
table...a can of wasp spray will do!
Never would have thought it..... Wasp Spray.
I have a friend who is a receptionist in a church in a high risk area who
was concerned about someone coming into the office on Monday to rob them when they were counting the collection. She asked the local police
department about using pepper spray and they recommended to her that she get a can of wasp spray instead.

The wasp spray, they told her, can shoot up to twenty feet away and is a lot more accurate, while with the pepper spray they have to get too close to you and could overpower you. The wasp spray temporarily blinds an attacker until they get to the hospital for an antidote. She keeps a can on her desk in the office and it doesn't attract attention from people like a can of pepper spray would. She also keeps one nearby at home for home protection.

You could also keep it in your car and it would not be illegal. Thought this was interesting and might be of use...a lot cheaper buying wasp spray then paying a hospital bill after being mugged...

Old 10-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to YVEYANT

I mentioned pepper spray will stop any dog in his tracks. The real problem is the owner. Call the cops or animal control. They will put a stop to it quickly or the dogs will be gone! Definitely your best bet..

Ant
1967 Pontiac Tempest, GTO-Inspired

"What's so special about having Italian food cooked by a bunch of friggin Mexicans"
Paulie-
Rocky Balboa

"Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it"
Braveheart

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...Wm0SlqN030.jpg
Old 10-21-2009, 05:33 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by YVEYANT View Post
Call the cops or animal control. They will put a stop to it quickly or the dogs will be gone! Definitely your best bet..

That doesn't work well in small clanish 1 cop towns.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:09 PM

I mentioned pepper spray will stop any dog in his tracks. The real problem is the owner. Call the cops or animal control. They will put a stop to it quickly or the dogs will be gone! Definitely your best bet..

That info will get a person hurt or killed....I worked as leo for years and you are wrong, Bro....with all due respect.

Pepper spray,etc...will NOT stop ANY dog in his tracks
...heck I shot a appox 100lb bull terrior 2 times with a .40s&w loaded with ranger t 165gr and still had to knock him in the head to totally stop him....

As stated the only instant stop I have seen that does not seem to fail is a very hard hit to the side or top of the skull with a blackjack type weapon of at least a 10 oz head weight on the jack .

Here is a pic of my old sap and jack ....to the far right...that I used at work to very good effective ends.The red/black jack NEVER failed to stop dog 4 or 2 leg type...

[/QUOTE]

as far as wasp spray...most are nerve toxins for the most part and while I have NOT ever used them but to kill wasps.....I can see it working MAYBE.

Reminds me of a guy we stopped years ago...that had a can of oven cleaner and a can of wasp spray in a well designed device that had a hollow spike with a barb that was used to stick a person with and inject a whole can of oven or wasp into a person...bad guy

Old 10-21-2009, 06:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Had a family member that worked as a meter reader for a utility. Pepper spray was supplied to use on dogs. It worked about 80 percent of the time. Those of you who are math majors can then infer it failed about 20 percent of the time.

I have no definative answer, but did wish to share the above. Whose who rely solely on pepper spray may end up as dog food! Just try the pepper spray on a trained Doberman! Same thing with the wasp spray. But only from inside a car!

Safest answer would be stay out of the places where there are loose dogs.

Jon.

"The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one given to you by your neighbor".

If you truly believe that "one size fits all" try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!

Owner of The Carburetor Shop, LLC (of Missouri).

Current caretaker of the remains of Stromberg Caburetor, and custodian of the existing Carter and Kingston carburetor drawings.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:14 PM

Be careful with the fire arm idea. Most towns and cities have ordances making the discharge of a fire arm a felony..... I shot a dog that had already biten me, and was trying again at the time I shot it with a pellet gun. $450.00 damage to dog, and a discharge of pellet gun charge. (misdemeaner)
Thanks to the wonderfull DA's office in Statesville, NC, by the time I went to court, it was a discharge of a firearm. (felony) Fortunatly for me, the DA's skinhead **** attorney was looking for a conviction, and didn't want to discus the typo.