Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 05-01-2024, 03:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo69bird View Post
Arnie raced a 67/8 bird called the boss bird in pro stock w dual quads . Bill e late on ran the same set up but Rana full second faster. He was very proud of this because he had a ton of respect for Arnie as we all do.

I hav pictures of his dual quad motor and his 67/8 bird some where.
I have the Stephens RAV pro stock engine.

It was the one in the article .

The car ran 10.34 w the RAV dual quad pro stock engine and it was 100 + lbs over weight for its class. Just couldn’t get he weight out of it. The entire front subframe and all attachments were severely acid dipped to try and get weight out . I have the original headers and they are VERY heavy. Thick material probably could have got 15 lbs out there. 😂

Eckstrom would tree most guys and hang w the big hemis til top of second and they’d just walk on by. They were running 9.90 ETs. A lot of the pro stock $$ was coming from places like Brooklyn heavy Billy the Kidd step (gangsters) . Was hard to compete w the likes of those guys
There’s a video of the Stephens pro car racing the number 1 qualifier Don Carlton out there from Bee on video history of pro stock . I currently have the pro stock engine and trans in my RAIv firebird. And have the IV engine and trans out.
Thanks the information on both cars. I don't think I've seen any pictures of Arnie's Pro Stock car, and only a few of the Stephen's car.

62' Lemans, Nostalgia Super Stock, 541 CI, IA2 block, billet 4.5" crank, Ross, Wide port Edelbrocks, Gustram intake, 2 4150 style BLP carbs, 2.10 Turbo 400, 9" w/4:30 gears, 8.76 @153, 3100lbs