Members Helping Members help Buying a non Pontiac item, transportation help, Handy-man advice, directions, vacation ideas, places to dine, ebay and generally anything you think might help other members.

Old 06-07-2008, 10:02 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to YVEYANT
Default Rigged a bagger for my riding lawn mower

I have a White Outdoors rider. I bought it used about four years ago and it has been great. I only paid $300 and it was built in 2000.
I wanted to get a bagger for it, so I called the company and they wanted $300 for the correct bagger system. As you could imagine, I was not about to pay $300 for a bagger when the mower itself cost that. So I went without one.
Just last week, my Dad blew the motor on his Craftsman rider. He sent it out to be fixed and they said it was not worth it. Perfect because he had a great bagger on it that I took.
The two bagger units mounted on the back of mine perfectly. All I had to do was drill two holes and mount it on. The problem was that the downtube going to the deck was shot to a point that I could not salvage it. It would not fit my deck cover anyway, it was different.
I went to Home Depot and told the guy in plumbing I wanted to rig a riding lawn mower bagger to fit mine. He said "Yeh, you and about five other people a week during this time of the year, give up nobody has done it yet that I know of". He said the reason was that the bagger downpipe was about ten inches around and the largest they carry was six inch flex pipe. Being the stubborn type I am, I looked anyway. In the next isle I found stainless, HVAC flexible tubing TEN INCHES in diameter. it is strong as well as flexible. I bought one four foot tube of it (you can push it in to make it smaller or pull to make larger), two large clamps and some self tapping stainless screws.
I got home, test fitted it and it worked like a charm. I took it off, sprayed it satin black to give a factory look, clamped it back on, put two screws on the bottom where the deck is for extra support and did my yard.
It worked perfectly. Cost $17.00

Ant
1967 Pontiac Tempest, GTO-Inspired

"What's so special about having Italian food cooked by a bunch of friggin Mexicans"
Paulie-
Rocky Balboa

"Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it"
Braveheart

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...Wm0SlqN030.jpg
Old 06-08-2008, 07:22 AM
Ultimate Warrior

WHAT.....NO DUCT TAPE!!!! Good job, I'm about to add one to my old Craftsman.

"Its never too late to have a happy childhood"!

I told my dad I was going to stop raising hell, and he called me a quitter!
Old 06-08-2008, 07:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Send a message via AIM to YVEYANT

I did actually use black Gorilla duct tape on the top just to give it a nice seal, but it is black so you hardly notice it.

Ant
1967 Pontiac Tempest, GTO-Inspired

"What's so special about having Italian food cooked by a bunch of friggin Mexicans"
Paulie-
Rocky Balboa

"Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it"
Braveheart

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...Wm0SlqN030.jpg