Collectibles FOR SALE DieCast, models, memorabilia

Old 03-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Limited Supply of the Original Reproduction Judge Jackets

I was able to get the last remaining Judge Jackets from the original production run that happened back in 2004 here on PYI. The company that once made these is our of business so this absolutely accurate jacket may never be made again. It took me a few months of searching and this is the last ones from that original set.

For one week I am going to limit the sale of these Jackets to here on PYI as it started here and I would like to see the end come here. Taximan found the company that made this so exact I have been told you cannot see the difference from an original. If the small R was not there for reproduction you would never be able to tell.

Right now I am looking for interested parties that can email me at the follow email ( judgejacket@new.rr.com ). If you are positive you want one of these NEW jackets then this is the process for now. I am not accepting private chats here as I need to keep this organized so those that want one have this final chance. I haven't got the final figure I am going to charge but it will be a fair amount less than the one I sold on Craigslist for $250. My wife also got one in the divorce If you reply to the email I will email you as soon as I get them (hoping by next Fri). These are still in bags with all the tags as the first batch. Money order preffered but may do the PayPal thing. I have been on this forum for a long time and do ebay to as pontiac_Banshee and have close to 800 positive feedbacks.

I will reply to email with pictures so you can see what you are buying. AGAIN THE ONES I AM SELLING ARE STILL IN THE BAG WITH THE MANUFACTURING TAGS STILL ON THEM.

ORIGINAL POST: http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...t=judge+jacket

SIZES THAT ARE LEFT:

1 - small
8 - medium
7 - large
1 - with patch not sewn on and I will include a loose patch with this one. Not sure of size yet.

Last edited by pontiac_banshee; 03-08-2011 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Hit quick post instead of advanced
Old 03-08-2011, 07:27 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Found Pictures

Here they are
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Judge Jacket.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	237051   Click image for larger version

Name:	i-1.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	237052   Click image for larger version

Name:	i-2.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	237053  

Old 03-08-2011, 07:32 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Last Pictures

Found these on server. Last pictures I have of a jacket
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	jj1.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	237054   Click image for larger version

Name:	jj2.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	237055   Click image for larger version

Name:	jj3.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	237056   Click image for larger version

Name:	jj4.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	237057   Click image for larger version

Name:	jj5.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	237058  

Old 03-08-2011, 07:38 PM

Email sent - Thanks for offering these!

1970 Pontiac GTO
Orbit Orange Judge Re-creation / YZ RAIII 400 / M21 4-Speed
1985 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS
5.7 LITRE / TES Headers / SShaker Hood / WCT5 5-Speed
Old 03-08-2011, 09:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

LETTER FROM ORIGINAL SELLER TO BUYERS

Enclosed is your Judge jacket. It is a replica of the original jacket that was given as a dealer promo in 1969, and could later be ordered.

The jacket was designed for the advertising firm of Mac Manus, John & Adams, who had a rep responsible for the Pontiac account. His name was Jim Wangers. You may have heard of him.

There are some original jackets still floating around that occasionally show up for sale, and usually command serious dollars. This replica jacket was created directly from an original
jacket (mine). It is correct in every way, all the way down to the zippers, pull tabs, and labels. The original jacket was created by Bonner Manufacturing in Bonner Springs, Kansas. They have been out of business for many years. Your jacket not only has the correct Bonner label, but it is sewn in with a rear fold, exactly like the original.
The label on your jacket has a small "R" on the label. This is to signify that this is a reproduction, and not to be sold as an original.

We all want to relive the time when GTO Judges represented the baddest car on the street or strip, but I don't want anyone making money by ripping people off.

Whether you display yours on a hangar in the rear seat of your Judge, as I do, or wear it, enjoy the jacket in good health.

A REAL ONE ON EBAY RECENTLY DIDNT MAKE RESEARVE PRICE AT $355

Last edited by pontiac_banshee; 03-08-2011 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Didnt add the word real
Old 03-08-2011, 11:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default E-mail sent

I want one. Thanks for doing this. I started to bid on the Judge jacket on e-bay the other day, but it was a small so I did not.

thanks,
Michael Staley

Some people know all of their rights, but none of their obligations.
Old 03-09-2011, 01:59 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

The deal has been finalized and payment is going out for the jackets tomorrow. I hope to get them next week unless there is another dang snowstorm. I Had my Dash Guage setup sitting in Ill for 4 days after the last storm.

I will be contacting those that responded by this weekend as what the pricing is going to be. After learning some of the history of the last sale some of the jackets sizes didn't sell well and I have to factor in that. I do apologize that I haven't gotten it down exactly today but this came about very fast and out of the blue and I am talking with my financial advisor's Thursday night (my daughters) over tacos.

If you take an XL or larger jacket and or you are just going to be displaying the jacket in the car you may want to elect to go Medium as it looks like I will have more of them left in the end.

I do know that the pricing is going to be shipping included and they will be shipped USPS and most likely priority mail.

It is going to be so cool seeing this to the end after I threw this out there for discussion years ago. As always I give kudos to Taximan even though I heard he sold his Pontiac and bought a CHEBBY

Old 03-09-2011, 03:17 AM

Email sent - Thanks, this made my day!!!!

Cheers

Old 03-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Wow what a response. I have more than enough people that want Larges. I can still take requests but really need to know if a medium or the 1 small will work for you (if you want to display only)

I will be emailing each of you once I drop the payment in the mailbox today. I will start with the first reply and move down. I will contact all of you first with the question above and the prices.

Thanks
Kirk

Old 03-09-2011, 10:49 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Sorry a bit behind as I am from Wisconsin and things kind of erupted in the government this evening. Trying to watch the news then run back to TV and so forth. Getting all the emails ready to go.

The first offers will be for the large and medium jackets and they will be offered 1. I want everyone to have a shot at least 1 jacket. I will take it from there and work down the list to see if anyone wants a medium jacket. I have those that want 2 or more and it looks like there will be a chance but it would have to be a medium

I have one request. I would like to ask those that are buying a jacket for display purposes to take a medium jacket. I just think it is a fair thing to ask. It is soething I am throwing out there and I won’t ask anyone what they want it for. I just want to throw this out there.

The small jacket is not being offered at this time as I am looking at the possibility of donating the small jacket to a Pontiac function somewhere in the US this coming car show season. I am hoping I can find some function where they can auction it off for charity so that is my thoughts at the moment.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:25 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default Sunday Midnight

Sunday night will be the cutoff for jackets. If I haven't replied to you please contact me ASAP here so I can check on that. If you haven't committed I need that ASAP.

Status as of now - 1 person who wants a large has not committed. If I don't here from that party by Sunday I need to move someone out of the mediums to the large and then offer the medium jacket to the next person in the "waiting" Q.

I will go through this list Sunday morning and send emails out to anyone who hasn't committed and then have to go from there. Unluckily there were more mediums then large and had to work with that fact.
It still is an awesome display piece and I am going to build a display case like the one in the picture and not even wear mine. I would hate to run into someone with a lit cigarette or any other mishap that could ruin it. So I am going to be paranoid about it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	case.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	237337  

Last edited by pontiac_banshee; 03-11-2011 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Dang Spell Check
Old 03-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac_banshee View Post
It still is an awesome display piece and I am going to build a display case like the one in the picture and not even wear mine.
And why is that not a Milwaukee Brewer's jersey in that box?????

Old 03-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I just grabbed a pick quick" Sorry I hate baseball anyway.

GREEN BAY PACKERS IS ALL A MAN NEEDS

Old 03-13-2011, 07:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

SUNDAY UPDATE
LOOKS LIKE ALL JACKETS HAVE BEEN SPOKEN FOR. I AM SENDING OUT EMAILS TONIGHT TO VERIFY

Old 03-16-2011, 05:51 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Jackets are being shipped to me Thursday so wont get them till the 1st part of next week. I will be shipping same day or next day depending on what time they show up here in WI

Old 03-16-2011, 06:47 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

If anyone is interested I have contacted a company in Michigan who makes display cases fort jerseys/jackets. They are under $120 and he builds them himself. I have also asked for a price on a custom one that would hold jacket and 8x10 picture. UV protected.

If anyone is interested I will post what I find here.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	case1.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	238291   Click image for larger version

Name:	case2.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	238294  

Old 03-23-2011, 07:06 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

TAKE A LOOK. Lots of Judge Jackets

We are still having a Winter Storm warning but I am going to try to get them out Thursday.

Kirk
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	jackets.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	238945  

Old 03-23-2011, 07:56 PM

Cool! Looking forward to it's arrival We're in the middle of a pretty decent storm here as well...

1970 Pontiac GTO
Orbit Orange Judge Re-creation / YZ RAIII 400 / M21 4-Speed
1985 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS
5.7 LITRE / TES Headers / SShaker Hood / WCT5 5-Speed
Old 03-23-2011, 09:17 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Well this little ordeal is just about over.
I do have a message to PASS ON to all of you on PYI from the TAXIMAN - Chief Ponti-yacker.

"Tell everyone on PY forum I said hello and enjoy the jackets in good health."

I hope to hear from everyone when they get their jacket. Ended up being a fun little project all these years later.

This whole ordeal started in August of 2004 when I asked if anyone was interested in Reproduction Judge Jackets.
What is really cool is TAXIMAN was the first person to respond with "I AM IN".
Little did he know at the time TAXIMAN WAS IN way over just one of the guys like me that wanted a jacket. He came through for all of us that ever got one of these beautiful jackets.

11 Pages on the forum and the first chapter was over.

Mine is going to be displayed in my front room in an Oak display case right along side of my picture of my 69 Judge that was signed by Jim Wangers himself. He signed it in Green Bay WI (THE HOME OF THE WORLD CHAMPION GREEN BAY PACKERS) at a car show and when he signed it, sitting on the back of his chair was the Reproduction Jacket that TAXIMAN presented to him on his 80th birthday. Now that is cool from all sorts of ways.

THANKS TO YOU ALL AND WISHED I HAD MORE OF THESE.

Last edited by pontiac_banshee; 03-23-2011 at 09:27 PM. Reason: Added forum information
Old 03-24-2011, 09:30 PM

If these are such a hot item then why not have the people that made them make more?????
Brian