Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 08-01-2022, 05:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Brake question distribution block and brake light

Hi,

In the system on my 69 gto which has factory front disc brakes and rear drums. Hold off valve for fronts (located below master cylinder) and distribution block down on frame rail.

Q: is there a seal in the distribution block that can tear?
Q: Also, in 69 isn't the brake light suppose to be on when key is on IGN but not cranking? - then when you start it ( presumably with no low brake pressure it turns off? )

I know my bulb works for brake light as I ground the wire to distribution block and it goes on. As well as when i turn e-brake on turns brake light on.

Thanks.

69 Gto, 390 posi gears,th400 w/jim hand converter/406 pontiac/#64 HEADS/ 10:1 compression/ 190 PSI with/ TRW 160 thou domes / hooker headers 1 7/8, PRW 1.5 rockers, 405 Crower Springs, Holley 750 vac with proform upgrade, Performer RPM on points / 284 H Single Pattern Crane
Old 08-01-2022, 06:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The distribution block also has the safety switch. There are seals on the safety switch.

The Following User Says Thank You to Schurkey For This Useful Post: