Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2023, 09:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Need some Turbo 400 transmission help

The car is a 74 Grandville. It seems sloppy going into gear and when you hit the gas it seems slip just a tad. The other symptom is when I was driving it earlier it seems to take while going into 3rd gear and when you let off the gas at like 50 and get back on it... again just a slight slip. The trans fluid and filter has been in there probably 30 years. So heres what I did, I obviously checked the fluid not a bright perfect red red but OK and it does not smell burnt. Checked vacuum hoses at the trans and carb, at the carb is 4 years old and fine, on the trans connected and no rips or tears. I also had the old lady in the car and the column shifter jiggles a bit and you can move at the trans too. The column rod jiggles at the trans too. Maybe a simple adjustment of this? Its rusted where the rod goes through the horizontal rod to the trans and subframe so I kroiled the crap out of it. Anyone else have any ideas? Thank you!