Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 11-19-2015, 02:50 PM
Senior Chief

Justin, sorry to read about the crash. Here's hoping the healing process isn't too long and you find a new ride soon.

Old 11-19-2015, 05:40 PM
Boost Engineer

Bryan, If he had no real experience racing on the street why did he put his life and others lives in danger just to be on a TV program. He obviously made the mistake that took out two nice cars.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatracer View Post
True, but I can't help think experience driving on the street could/would have played a part in this incident. Justin has many years of experience driving/racing his car on the street. Brian Davis does not. Brian didn't start racing his car on any street until recently when he decided he wanted to be on the show.
I guess that's neither here nor there at this point, just glad both Justin and Brian are ok.

Bryan
Did not know that, thanks.
Still...just say'n...stuff happens, sh*t can break...
Agree, much more likely to happen on street.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 11-19-2015, 07:12 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ever race on a slippery (dew) race track late at night?
In a final round my opponent went RED, and I crossed the center line.
I won, I lost !

3 Generations of "Beach Boys Racing" !

Everybody knows somthin.
Nobody knows everything !

1st time on a dragstrip, 1964. Flagstart !

"Thanks for the entertainment."

"Real Indians Don't Wear Bowties"
Old 11-19-2015, 07:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Yep, there used to be a 1/4 mile marked off outside of town back in 60's thru 80's. Raced there from round 76-82.
Originally car was set up for top end so wouldnt lose traction off the line. Hit 125-130 mph at the stripe.
Sometimes guys would try to block a pass so have to go over the fog line.
Nearly ditched it couple times, so didnt race when damp after that.

Years ago with Hooter at his track, one of the last runs(was after)a guy lost it at the top end on do to moisture.
Car went off both walls if remember correctly.

http://s207.photobucket.com/albums/b...hop/?start=100
Old 11-19-2015, 09:55 PM
Boost Engineer

Issues like that on a track are management $$$$ issues vs common sense issues.

JMO

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:50 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

If any of you all want a few minutes of laughter and some seriousness at the same time, check out the "Chief and Shawn Show" on ITunes. It is a podcast they do every Tuesday and this past Tuesday Justin talks about this past weekend.

Old 11-20-2015, 02:03 AM
Suspended

This is starting to look like one of those "first line is always free" threads, jus say'n

Old 11-20-2015, 08:32 AM
Suspended

You can also find the podcasts on www.midweststreetcars.com web site if you think ITunes sucks. The podcasts give the inside scoop on the show, unfiltered. I'm shocked they've been able to make them this long. It's only a matter of time before they are killed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes455Wagon View Post
If any of you all want a few minutes of laughter and some seriousness at the same time, check out the "Chief and Shawn Show" on ITunes. It is a podcast they do every Tuesday and this past Tuesday Justin talks about this past weekend.

Old 11-20-2015, 09:19 AM
Senior Chief

(Glad to hear you're mostly ok, **** like that has to hurt and a while to heal. You're in our prayers.)

I work on the Boss Bird with Mike and Eric. After the massive fire and rebuild, they've sold some of the body pieces from the old body. Autographed of course.

Like many other folks, I'd love to buy some garage art from a kick ass car like the Crow.

Just an idea. With the immense popularity of you and your car, it would likely do well.

64 F-85
72 4-4-2 Mondello's VO Twister II
84 Hurst/Olds #2449
87 Cutlass Salon
54 Olds 88 sedan
Old 11-20-2015, 02:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Justin, firstly, glad YOU are ok. Your family and friends need you. Very sad about The Crow, but what history you had and made with that car. I totalled my first car, a '66 GTO. on 9/18/80, but saved the steering wheel, and a few parts and pieces of that car live on in the '65 GTO I've been driving since 1982. Save what you can and use it in and on the new build. Believe me, it helps. I drive my '65, and look down at the same shift boot I've been looking at since I was 18 years old. I'm 54 now. Love the show, BTW...don't change a thing and stay strong.
Jeff

Old 11-21-2015, 01:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Justin I was in shock when I saw the pictures on FB Sunday morning. Glad to hear you're going to heal. Just take time to heal properly and as stated before be careful of the pain killers. Machinery can be replaced,you can't. Sometimes having a safe car is better than having a fast car, just saying. And it was good to know you built it with safety in mind, it possibly saved your life. Being an old street racer myself I know how dangerous it can be even though I never had anything as fast as you did. Take your time on a new build and as before keep safety in mind. I watch every week and looking forward to when you debut the new car and finally take out Kye Kelly and show him what a Pontiac is all about.

A poor man has poor ways.
Old 11-21-2015, 09:20 AM

First off , glad ur ok. Maybe I should say hope hope u recover soon because you do have some serious injurys.Mad respect for doing what you do in a pontiac ,definitely being the underdog and winning. Back in 1978 at 18 I bought my first car a trans am and fought the Chevy crowd on the street and even back then pontiac was the underdog . So if I was guessing you probably want to stick to the lemans or a Gto . I say go for it it's proven , just go with a lighter version now that you have to start over. Best of luck I'll always pull for you !!

Old 11-21-2015, 10:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Justin...I've been following along. Man that sucks. Glad to see you're ok.

So on that note, is there anything salvageable or is it a total loss? Did the engine make it? Rear axle?

-1967 GTO HO Restomod. PKMM 433ci, SilverSport T56 Magnum 6spd, Moser 9", SC&C and a bunch of other pro touring goodies

- Build Thread
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...615847&page=23
Old 11-22-2015, 08:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

theres tv and real life. people sometimes forget. life is more important. glad your okay. even though it was on the street, you had all the safety of a track car and it paid off at the end. your home safe with your family and that's the real life of it all. take care and god bless

Old 11-26-2015, 12:49 PM
Suspended

How about posting some pictures of the new machine Chief. We all want to see the new Pro Mod machine. Is it a Firebird or GTO?

Old 11-26-2015, 01:06 PM
Senior Chief

Good to know ur home and healing, can't wait to c what u put that big Pontiac engine in!

I call it a rat sleeper.
Old 11-26-2015, 01:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default BRAND X

Hey let us know what you bought, I see from your facebook post you bought a car. Don't keep us in suspense. We all gave you some leads!

Old 11-26-2015, 01:49 PM
Senior Chief

According to a person on YB, this is his new car.

Hope it's not true.

www.lancablingsolutions.com
Old 11-26-2015, 02:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Green View Post
According to a person on YB, this is his new car.

Hope it's not true.

Damn that's fugly

7.940@170.84. 3460#s