Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 04-19-2012, 08:54 PM

Whats its going to take for a cv1 headed car to run, so u guys would b impressed? From what i seen so far No flyweight car no turbo no blower no nitrous has to b on 10 inch tires , pump gas NO e85 seems like there a you guys are really narrowing the field down. 97% of u guys have had your combinations around awhile. Seems to me you guys are expecting the cv1 cars to come right out of the gate running the number. There more to making a car run the number than the heads. It may take awhile for these car to get it figured out. Just my 2 cents. Goatracers engine made 978 hp n/a how many Pontiac out there make this, very few! There wasn't anything exotic about that engine. I know I seen it tore down. Yes it had 2 dominators only because there was no race single four manifold yet.There hasn't even been a 16 car field at Norwalks Pontiac heads up class yet. Why is that.

Old 04-19-2012, 09:01 PM

Well if I show it won't be n/a that is not my cup of tea. And don't take this the wrong way but I Don't BRACKET RACE

Old 04-19-2012, 09:28 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPM505 View Post
Well if I show it won't be n/a that is not my cup of tea. And don't take this the wrong way but I Don't BRACKET RACE
You understand that the heads up race that Tom puts on is not bracket racing right?

Old 04-19-2012, 10:05 PM

I thought Glen Sedik was running the heads up class Did I miss something?

Old 04-19-2012, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Barton View Post
You understand that the heads up race that Tom puts on is not bracket racing right?
Yes but I thought someone said it was n/a

Old 04-19-2012, 10:12 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl455 View Post
Whats its going to take for a cv1 headed car to run, so u guys would b impressed? From what i seen so far No flyweight car no turbo no blower no nitrous has to b on 10 inch tires , pump gas NO e85 seems like there a you guys are really narrowing the field down. 97% of u guys have had your combinations around awhile. Seems to me you guys are expecting the cv1 cars to come right out of the gate running the number. There more to making a car run the number than the heads. It may take awhile for these car to get it figured out. Just my 2 cents. Goatracers engine made 978 hp n/a how many Pontiac out there make this, very few! There wasn't anything exotic about that engine. I know I seen it tore down. Yes it had 2 dominators only because there was no race single four manifold yet.There hasn't even been a 16 car field at Norwalks Pontiac heads up class yet. Why is that.
Which is why they have a hard time getting a full field of cars to run.
If you want to see a field of cars run some fast times and get the car count up , open it up a bit and let any CI to weight and tire size run N/A and see what happens.
Your not trying to run Fords, Chevys, Moprars together. The car count will go up, and so would the payout. It could be a whole class of it's own and may thin out the herd in the MOD class at the event. That class takes up more time to run then all the other classes put together. Heads up is real drag raceing. And the event needs a class that actually pays some money to win. Give racers some incintive to show up, you will be surprised who will come for a chance to win some real money.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:13 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:

I dont think they want to play with the power adder guys. Maybe they are skeert of going fast??

It would be nice to see a couple more classes added to the schedule. Like Outlaw drag radial or something like a X275 class. I know they have the frantic 4, and quick 16 (or something like that?) but that doesnt really give us much choices since guys like us cant run with a blown dragster, funny car or promod (yet).

Old 04-19-2012, 10:15 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DINO1 View Post
If you want to see a field of cars run some fast times and get the car count up , open it up a bit and let any CI to weight and tire size run N/A and see what happens.
Your not trying to run Fords, Chevys, Moprars together. The car count will go up, and so would the payout. It could be a whole class of it's own and may thin out the herd in the MOD class at the event. That class takes up more time to run then all the other classes put together. Heads up is real drag raceing. And the event needs a class that actually pays some money to win. Give racers some incintive to show up, you will be surprised who will come for a chance to win some real money.

Do you know how much the frantic 4 or quick 16 guys win?

Old 04-19-2012, 10:20 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
It is entirely possible that I mispoke on who puts on the "heads up" class.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Yes but I thought someone said it was n/a
It is for N/A combos but that doesnt make it bracket racing.

Old 04-19-2012, 10:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Not Norwalk. But he is running a few other heads up races this year.

Tom Syron

Old 04-19-2012, 11:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
You mean let all the huge engines with light chassis that really don't make much hp per cube run? everybody just give your money to the fastest dragster and be done with it. The rules in na class racing is meant to make it a even platform. If you want a big engine....build it just carry the weight. If you want a lighter car....build a smaller cube engine to power it. The easiest way to more power is cubes. You can be sloppy and still make 800hp. Thats why all the gutted out 2800lb cars with 540's (all head configurations) that run 9.50 won't sign up. When they add the weight they go low 10s and it hurts their feelings.
Surely theres gonna be a CV1 powered car in the heads up deal thats competitive....right?

Old 04-20-2012, 12:04 AM
Ultimate Warrior

For those that dont know the history of the race,Jack Gifford and I put up our own money for it three years ago.I for one dont want to travel 2500 plus miles to watch bracket racing.Our idea was a N/A heads up run what ya brung race.We decide on 6.75 lb per CI.Any fuel,any tire,any carbs or inj,any trans.Just needs to be a pontiac door car with a pontiac bore space engine.We weigh the cars between rounds and P&G the winner and runner up.As long as I can afford it I will do it.The great thing about the race is the quickest car has only won it once in three years.IMO,power adders are for guys that cant make N/A HP AND get it to the ground.To each his own.Many thanks to MR-1 guys for coming on the help sponsor it 2 years ago.Back to the original post.Will there be any CV-1 cars to even spend the $50 to play?As I said before the first CV-1 car to actually pre signup for the race will be reinbursed by me.Tom

Old 04-20-2012, 01:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It takes 868 HP for a 3200 lb car to run 9.0 and 150 MPH,so round it off to 900 HP.Now figure out how to get N/A 900 HP in a 3200 lb car at 6.75 lb per CI and your in the show at Norwalk.Tom

Old 04-20-2012, 01:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey Tom,

Whats the word, Does it seam like there is going to be more cars this year?
I think prob 10-12 ,hope more.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
X2......I think there's a lot of guys that would like to run that n/a heads up deal but they have in my opinion tried to lighten there cars up to try to compete In other forms of drag racing. Im cool with the fact my stuffs slow in a class with a heavy 2800 lb min.weight.
What gets me is with allpontiac and kre being the only block suppliers in the Pontiac business you'd think they would change the 6.75 rule to allow guys that have supported those guys run....Without having to put a mr-1 ia-2 in the trunk.to get there weight up.to the 36-4000lb range. But I'm sure Jeff or Frank would be glad to sale ya a $3200 weight to throw in the trunk.just my 2cents

Old 04-20-2012, 01:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

No one HAS to build a 540. No matter the rules, there will be limited turn out due to only a few cars fitting. Ya open it to any cube any weight and it just gets stupid. There will be 3 roller skates with 540 cu monsters going 8.3. Everyone can make their car fit the current rules. it just has to be 6.75 lb per cube. Try making big power with less than 500 inches. You guys may enjoy the challenge, and learn something too.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:08 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike leech View Post
No one HAS to build a 540. No matter the rules, there will be limited turn out due to only a few cars fitting. Ya open it to any cube any weight and it just gets stupid. There will be 3 roller skates with 540 cu monsters going 8.3. Everyone can make their car fit the current rules. it just has to be 6.75 lb per cube. Try making big power with less than 500 inches. You guys may enjoy the challenge, and learn something too.
x2, it will become a class were you have to bring an ex pro stock or ADRL car or stay home. The class is fine the way it is. Give it time it will get bigger. Maybe it could stand to be a bit lighter but still its fine. Its easier to add weight than remove it.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by john marcella View Post
So are there any CV1 cars going to race it yet?
BILLok e:
Come on Bill your the guy with the CV flag sticking out of his but crack. You will have a car there. PUT THE WEIGHT IN ITDont be a homo
... LMAO !!!!!! ... now that is funniest chit i've seen on here !!!!!!! ... John, it has nothing to do with weight ... dont worry, it will all make since come Norwalk time ... you HOMO !!! ...

... and hey, stop touching ME !!!! ...

Old 04-20-2012, 02:27 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by john marcella View Post
x2, it will become a class were you have to bring an ex pro stock or ADRL car or stay home. The class is fine the way it is. Give it time it will get bigger. Maybe it could stand to be a bit lighter but still its fine. Its easier to add weight than remove it.
Ok point well takin..... And I really do think Bill has a 4100 lb Edsel that he may have to take weight out of.