Pontiac - Race The next Level

Closed Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Holmberg View Post
Yes it is. Unless you wanted to be quicker than him in 2010.
If you wait until January you'll be quicker than him in 2011, and he'll have all year to stage a comeback.
David, that's a good one.. I see you get it.

Old 11-07-2010, 06:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gach View Post
David, that's a good one.. I see you get it.
Gach you will need to run a 9.0 or real low 9.1 to be on top of the list. If you wait to long it will take an 8something to be on top. The longer you wait the slower you will be compared to the rest of us.

Old 11-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

[quote=PONTIAC DUDE;4146168]

I've been porting heads for 30 YEARS!..but your ruining SD Performance 340 cfm E-heads. Things that make you go hum ? Question...if you've been porting heads for 30 years....why you ruining SD Performance heads.

Another statemente that makes you go Hum ? 3300 lbs if I can get down to 190 lbs. Hum ? 3300-190 = 3110. Things that make you go Hum ? So at any given time it could weigh 3300 lbs.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
Gach you will need to run a 9.0 or real low 9.1 to be on top of the list. If you wait to long it will take an 8something to be on top. The longer you wait the slower you will be compared to the rest of us.
Thats true. I already figured my build isnt going to be anywhere close to you guys by the time I finish. I suspect I'll go better than planned but unless economy moves right, I may be stuck at whatever level I hit . I have a few goals. Number one is to enjoy it. I want to drive it, I want to race it. Pump gas or E85 and I might set up to run either. I'd really like to Drive it from here to Norwalk and race it then drive home. For me THAT would be the most satisfying, regardless whether I won a race. Performance level? 9's shouldnt be out of reach with turbo power! If it only goes 10's then my goal isnt met. Its that simple.Setting it up for 8's might make it riskier to go race without a trailer, but honestly its more about budget. I can set higher goals after I accomplish the ones I've set. No bragging till I can back it up. Will it be done by Norwalk 2011? I'd like to be running by then, but I'm not going to set a date. Doing so usually turns out like ATCO written on my calendar for yesterday. Things come up outside your control and plans change.

I'm not going to put myself in position Gach finds himself. Hope he can get whatever it is he needs to get his car down a track. Hope his result is close to his claims. He'll have only himself to blame if he hasnt been honest with himself.
Doesnt really matter to me whats been claimed. He's the one that has to live the consequences. I'm not going to bust his stones if he runs close to his claims. If he does, then good for him. If not..... well I'll go easy on him despite our previous conflicts.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDCreech View Post
Bruce, He can't do that unless his chassis has been certified and is he licensed yet? Also, he can't make up a time if there are people around to watch! Remember, he just plays a racer on the internet! Gomer has me on ignore, so if someone copies and pastes this post, I'd appretiate it!
You spelled appreciate wrong.

Another track rental? Witnesses OR it didn't happen.

Old 11-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

It'll be with in the next two weeks, but I'll get there. Will it go faster the a 9.35 don't honestly know, I do know there's some areas where I definitely can pick up some ET, I was surprise once...maybe I'll get lucky again. Nothing in the motor has change...NOTHING! no new combo. Same E-heads.

Old 11-07-2010, 10:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Baloney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Due to the current economic conditions...the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Meet you at the finish line.....don't be late!
Old 11-07-2010, 10:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Baloney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At least I didn't have to sell my race car to support my racing habits driving someone else race car....Ron.

Old 11-07-2010, 11:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 242177P View Post
You spelled appreciate wrong.
Thank you!

64 GTO, tube chassis w/606" IA tall deck, PG & a pro geared Fab 9". 2750 lbs.
8.2550@164.17-1/4, 5.2901@131.97-1/8, 1.1981-60-ft. 8/10/08

Old 11-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
At least I didn't have to sell my race car to support my racing habits driving someone else race car....Ron.
But did you get out and race, Goober? That would have made Ron a real racer. Do whatever it takes to run!

Old 11-07-2010, 11:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDCreech View Post
But did you get out and race, Goober? That would have made Ron a real racer. Do whatever it takes to run!
If spending money you don't have is a real racer then count me out. Racing is a hobby that you do when you can afford it. Some can afford it more then others so there for can race more offen.

Here's an example... take Brian Baker he's been building that funny car for six years...hasn't race it for six years. So is he a real racer ? I guess not according to your account of
a real racer.

Last edited by Gach; 11-08-2010 at 12:05 AM.
Old 11-08-2010, 01:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It's just a hobby for me too, but I'm out there! Ron didn't spend any money that he didn't have. He sold what he did have so that he could race. As far as Brian goes, He's building a car as he can pay for it. I've been there done that So, Gomer, if you are going to talk like a racer, give everyone some examples, ala places and times, otherwise STFU!

Old 11-08-2010, 08:45 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
If spending money you don't have is a real racer then count me out. Racing is a hobby that you do when you can afford it. Some can afford it more then others so there for can race more offen.

Here's an example... take Brian Baker he's been building that funny car for six years...hasn't race it for six years. So is he a real racer ? I guess not according to your account of a real racer.
This coming from a guy who posted a picture of his car at MIR (Budds Creek) when Clubb (previous owner) still owned it, and tried to pass off the picture as himself driving it at Island Dragway.

Oh, well...at least he finally got the math correct this time on how long I've had the funny car.

Old 11-08-2010, 09:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Question

Quote:

Here's an example... take Brian Baker he's been building that funny car for six years...hasn't race it for six years. So is he a real racer ? I guess not according to your account of
a real racer.

Simple question.............. So before the "Internet".

What have YOU personally done as far as racing................... in ANY form including Pontiac.

You 'Talk the Talk', but have never seen or HEARD the 'Walk the Walk'.

Old 11-08-2010, 10:56 AM

When Gach posted a copy of his time slip, look at the date, Nov. 6th. Funny thing is Atco Pontiac day is first week in Nov. always. He said he went back and ran the 9.4? two weeks later at a track rental. My math says it should have said around the 20th. I would guess he doctored the 9.8? slip.

Old 11-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Question re: did 9.80 postum with snake tongue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp 400 dave View Post
When Gach posted a copy of his time slip, look at the date, Nov. 6th. Funny thing is Atco Pontiac day is first week in Nov. always. He said he went back and ran the 9.4? two weeks later at a track rental. My math says it should have said around the 20th. I would guess he doctored the 9.8? slip.
un..uhnnn...gomer caught with forked slip?

Old 11-08-2010, 12:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp 400 dave View Post
I've never seen the quicker timeslip...only the 9.80 something from Pontiac day at Atco...the track that told him to park it and not come back until he was licensed and chassis certified...the track he claims to have gone the faster time less than 2 weeks later at a private track rental. Anyone got a pic of the quicker timeslip?

Old 11-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Question

Over the course of the last 15 years on the internet. Has anyone ever seen Gach post any of his accomplishments?
I looked in the Pontiac archives, racing results or Pontiac events and his name doesn't come up anywhere. All I can figure is he is a 60 year old plus Newbie to racing.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 11-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Baker View Post
I've never seen the quicker timeslip...only the 9.80 something from Pontiac day at Atco...the track that told him to park it and not come back until he was licensed and chassis certified...the track he claims to have gone the faster time less than 2 weeks later at a private track rental. Anyone got a pic of the quicker timeslip?
Correct the 9.8 something was witnessed no questioning there. Its the other claims drawing the skepticism.

I kept my best et slip till the thermal paper faded and died. (Wish I would have photocopied and framed) Heck every now and then I find old hand written slips from back in the 70's I didnt have any reason to save(in good condition). The one that puts Gach in question was pretty beat for the short time he would have possesed it. Raises suspicions.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Senior Chief

I guess I am dreaming if Gobber would ever race my pump gas motor. It only has a power adder on it.

Closed Thread