Old 12-13-2022, 11:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith k View Post
Here's another one for you, Baron. A '72 Norwood Formula.

I have yet to see this style of build sheet come out of any 1970 Norwood birds, ever, though.
Sincere thanks and gratitude for sharing that one Keith.
These things always help somebody down the road one way or another.
:

Maybe I will get motivated soon to fix that laptop and see what I have.
Seems like less than a handful of Norwoods

Old 12-14-2022, 01:33 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Lots of info. Was that paper found on gas tank? I think I had 1 but that was about 35 years ago. Unless there is one behind door panels it's lost. Maybe in my dad's garage thou. I learned alot and thank everyone for schooling me on performance gears.

Old 12-14-2022, 11:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

being a 1970 the odds of one ever having been found in your car as astronomically low.

PHS is what you need, and if you have got it, the options page will clearly spell out every RPO (regular production order) code that your car had above and beyond model specific standard equipment.

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)
The Following User Says Thank You to unruhjonny For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2022, 11:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith k View Post
Here's another one for you, Baron. A '72 Norwood Formula. The sheet came out of the rear seat of a car I bought in the mid 80s in West Virginia. Nicely optioned Lucy Blue / white interior car originally, although when I bought it, it had been modified to resemble a white T/A after repairs from a front end collision.

I have yet to see this style of build sheet come out of any 1970 Norwood birds, ever, though.
Thanks for posting the copy of '72 HO Formula buildsheet, Keith. There's also an image out there for the original build sheet out of what is most likely the latest built Lucerne blue M22 '72 T/A. Very high N529xxx build. Also have a partial buildsheet out of my late built (early N529xxx) '72 T/A, unfortunately the sheet wasn't in the best shape when i removed it from above original gas tank.

Old 12-14-2022, 01:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by unruhjonny View Post
being a 1970 the odds of one ever having been found in your car as astronomically low.

PHS is what you need, and if you have got it, the options page will clearly spell out every RPO (regular production order) code that your car had above and beyond model specific standard equipment.
Johnny his is the Ram3 , Auto , AC , non-posi , poverty caps with trim rings car.
He has the PHS Invoice
The rest of the story is too much to recount , in a nutshell he has been struggling with pinning down exactly what ratio rear his car would have been built with.

I think you have provided the right data to him more than once = 3.31
But maybe he is holding out to see it in a factory document.

He obtained an Espirit with 3.07 12bolt peg leg as a donor
And having mixed emotions about using it.

The Ram3 4spd AC with 3.31 Buildsheet that John posted is the comparable equivalent to his car in terms of his ratio dilemma .
But I'm not completely sure if he accepts that as proof positive yet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Baron Von Zeppelin For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2022, 01:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I do recall much of this, but it seems like 'nacho is digging for more information, when there isn't any more to be had on a particular subject reguarding his car.

I was once again trying to show him air-tight logic on what his car was - with no grey area left to debate.

I am pretty sure we are on the exact same page;
Trying to help the guy - but maybe he sometimes misunderstands matters.

Also, I am pretty sure I mentioned it before, if he REALLY wants a 3.31 non-posi housing, he can bring that 3.07 housing up here and swap me straight across.

It's the one on the bottom.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7112s.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	603552  

Quite likely one of few '70 Muncie three speed Formula 400's left.

1991 Grand Am: 14.4 @ 93.7mph (DA corrected) (retired DD, stock appearing)
2009 Cobalt SS: 13.9 @ 103mph (current DD; makes something north of 300hp & 350ft/lbs)

Last edited by unruhjonny; 12-14-2022 at 01:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to unruhjonny For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2022, 07:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Used 331 gears... Original 331 gears are usually marginally ok to use in a rebuild. Just did one this past summer and wear pattern was end to end. At that time there was no 331 new gears available. Its not a common ratio. That said; I can make that Esprit rear anything you want. Can leave the 3.07 for fuel economy, and make it your original rear end on outside.

Old 12-20-2022, 09:53 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ol Pinion head View Post
Thanks for posting the copy of '72 HO Formula buildsheet, Keith. There's also an image out there for the original build sheet out of what is most likely the latest built Lucerne blue M22 '72 T/A. Very high N529xxx build. Also have a partial buildsheet out of my late built (early N529xxx) '72 T/A, unfortunately the sheet wasn't in the best shape when i removed it from above original gas tank.
OPH, is the image of the buildsheet for that late build Lucerne Blue TA, on this site somewhere? Thanks.