Suspension TECH Including Brakes, Wheels and tires

Old 01-07-2007, 04:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default What tires do you run?

OK, it's about time I start saving for tread for the TA. I bought a used set of C5 wheels last fall. The rubber is toast. Goodyear Eagle F1 EMT tires. I had BFG G-force sports on her before, and liked the grip they gave. better than these vette tires, and totally killed Radial TA's fopr traction. I was getting 2 second 60' times with the Sports w/3.08 rears, 255/60/16's I was looking at the KDW2's, like the tread pattern. The tire has to make a visual impact as well as the rest of the car IMO. BUt, they are alot more $, and have alot lower treadwear rating. 200 as apposed to 340 for the Sports. Had 4 race weekends, and a summer of hard driving and the sports were not even half worn. lots of tread when I sold them.

My Q, what do you all run?

"If it ain't broke, modify somethin till it is"
Old 01-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What do you want to accomplish with the tires? Drag Racing? Road Racing? Driving with occasional drag racing?

Nitto makes a nice drag radial. I like the new Firestone tires personally for daily driving.

Old 01-07-2007, 09:41 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Cornering, I drive 75-85 MPH normaly, and here in BC, there are corners. ALOT of corners. Basically, Pro touring/G machine is my main area. I have slicks for the strip.

"If it ain't broke, modify somethin till it is"
Old 01-08-2007, 12:49 AM

I run the goodyear eagle f1-gs-d3. the grip is great and I think they have a nice pattern. 3 season`s so far and still plenty of tread left and I drive it alot!!

Old 01-08-2007, 08:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....hawk+Wide+Oval

These replaced my favorite tire, the SZ50EP. I have heard the Wide Ovals are better too.