Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 01-31-2020, 09:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Ported Super Wedge Makes 1006hp

on a 541 on Q16.

1006 @ 7200

Old 01-31-2020, 10:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Cool, Jeff said they were working on a new port. Can you give us anymore details about the engine ? CR, Intake and carb ect ?
How long are the valves on those things compared to a High Port ? Weight ?

Old 01-31-2020, 10:03 PM
Suspended

EHTTF!

Old 01-31-2020, 10:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
Cool, Jeff said they were working on a new port. Can you give us anymore details about the engine ? CR, Intake and carb ect ?
How long are the valves on those things compared to a High Port ? Weight ?

That's all he posted on FB.

Old 01-31-2020, 11:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Roberts View Post
EHTTF!
^^^TRUTH^^^

Old 01-31-2020, 11:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have to buy a stud girdle next week, I will ask him about the build.
Pretty sure these heads were not designed with competing with the E head. More like Tiger competition . We will see where it all goes.
No one place has more hard core Pontiac racing components than KRE. No one else is even close.
Truth^^^^^

Old 02-01-2020, 12:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Dragncar what does valve length have to do with anything??

Old 02-01-2020, 01:40 AM
Suspended

Quote:
No one place has more hard core Pontiac racing components than KRE. No one else is even close.
Truth^^^^^
Quantity over quality deal there...

Old 02-01-2020, 02:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
Dragncar what does valve length have to do with anything??
You know, they say there is no such thing as a stupid question. And you tendency to answer questions with another question comes up again. Makes you feel good I think, whatever.
Its known that the High Port has long valves so they weigh more than say a E head. So just about all the big builds with them have Ti valves to save weight. I was asking to get a idea if the issue was more so with this new head. Everyone else knew that, but you had to ask for some reason.
Its about controlling the valve train. You know that, I know that but you had to ask to make yourself feel superior.
So, how ya feeling ?????

Old 02-01-2020, 07:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

If I am not mistaken other factors related to longer valves are taller heads ( and wider V at the top ) which in turn makes for taller valve covers which can make running a give size brake vacuum booster impossible and can even effect wiper motor fit .

A good buddy of mine running these aftermarket RAV heads had to get these expensive valve covered notched even to just barely clear the wiper motor, and running a power brakes with a vacuum booster would have been impossible.

But what do I know, Slowbird seems to know everything!
We should condense this web site and just forward all questions to him!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0920.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	530737  

1) 1940s 100% silver 4 cup tea server set.

Two dry rotted 14 x 10 Micky Thompson slicks.

1) un-mailed in gift coupon from a 1972 box of corn flakes.
Two pairs of brown leather flip flops, never seen more then 2 mph.

Education is what your left with once you forget things!
Old 02-01-2020, 08:40 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
You know, they say there is no such thing as a stupid question. And you tendency to answer questions with another question comes up again. Makes you feel good I think, whatever.
Its known that the High Port has long valves so they weigh more than say a E head. So just about all the big builds with them have Ti valves to save weight. I was asking to get a idea if the issue was more so with this new head. Everyone else knew that, but you had to ask for some reason.
Its about controlling the valve train. You know that, I know that but you had to ask to make yourself feel superior.
So, how ya feeling ?????
Its a race head! No one should be running steel valves, if you can't afford ti valves then run e-heads i guess. Everyone tries to turn a race head into a budget street head for some reason.
But with that said i ran steel valves in my hp heads to 8000rpm without issue for 2 seasons.

Old 02-01-2020, 01:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve25 View Post
If I am not mistaken other factors related to longer valves are taller heads ( and wider V at the top ) which in turn makes for taller valve covers which can make running a give size brake vacuum booster impossible and can even effect wiper motor fit .

A good buddy of mine running these aftermarket RAV heads had to get these expensive valve covered notched even to just barely clear the wiper motor, and running a power brakes with a vacuum booster would have been impossible.

But what do I know, Slowbird seems to know everything!
We should condense this web site and just forward all questions to him!
Nice looking engine....ever been on a dyno or at the track?

Old 02-01-2020, 05:46 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Its a race head! No one should be running steel valves, if you can't afford ti valves then run e-heads i guess. Everyone tries to turn a race head into a budget street head for some reason.
But with that said i ran steel valves in my hp heads to 8000rpm without issue for 2 seasons.
Does not answer the question of why you even asked it in the first place ?
What is wrong with asking how long a valve is ? Its a issue for some, so I asked.
Maybe some people would like to get a idea of when Ti valves are needed for a High Port. Its a issue when deciding on heads for a particular build.
If you have to have Ti valves for a targeted horsepower with High Port heads but you can get the same targeted horsepower with E heads maybe spending a extra 1600$ on valves is not the best choice for some. Mike made 1150+ with SS ex valves.
I am running SS valves on my High Ports.
And you have the brake booster question. I bet I have a issue with my car. Its close right now.

Old 02-01-2020, 06:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Does not answer the question of why you even asked it in the first place ?
What is wrong with asking how long a valve is ? Its a issue for some, so I asked.
Maybe some people would like to get a idea of when Ti valves are needed for a High Port. Its a issue when deciding on heads for a particular build.
If you have to have Ti valves for a targeted horsepower with High Port heads but you can get the same targeted horsepower with E heads maybe spending a extra 1600$ on valves is not the best choice for some. Mike made 1150+ with SS ex valves.
I am running SS valves on my High Ports.
And you have the brake booster question. I bet I have a issue with my car. Its close right now.
Race heads should have race parts imo. If you take a race head and use it for street you'll have to deal with the issues that arise from that.
I asked why you asked about valve length because a lot of people make a big deal about the length and weight of the valve. From my experience it's not much of an issue. Valve head sizes adds more weight than a little longer valve does.
Yes for sure a taller head interference issues. I notched my valve covers for my wiper moter. No big deal. The Super Wedge is a tall head expect issues. Its all part of using a race head. People like to complain and whine about things when they're using a part that was never intended for that use. It's a race part designed to make big power deal with it.
With all that said i wouldn't be surprised if this Super Wedge engine has steel valves, 7300rpm is nothing no days.

Old 02-01-2020, 08:47 PM
Suspended

Quote:
You know, they say there is no such thing as a stupid question.
"They" are stupid...

Old 02-01-2020, 09:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

All these concerns go away when one uses an E-head...but I know most Internetters would rather bicker than accomplish something.... Just saying.

EHTTFMF!!!

Old 02-01-2020, 10:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
All these concerns go away when one uses an E-head...but I know most Internetters would rather bicker than accomplish something.... Just saying.

EHTTFMF!!!
Cheaper and way easier to bicker

Old 02-01-2020, 10:35 PM
Suspended

Ok, I'm gonna just gonna say it.... these are supposed to be "Super" heads...its in the title. Yet on Q16, they only make 1006hp.. obviously, it's not a pump gas engine with mild cam etc...
Seems really phucking weak to me..
And KRE "developing" a new port is like me developing a new procedure for brain surgery...

Old 02-01-2020, 10:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Cheaper and way easier to bicker
Yes.... KEYBOARDSTTF!!!

Old 02-01-2020, 11:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I believe the tiger head is the king of na cast head hp.