THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Can not sit idly by and let our rights be stripped away

I was tired of seeing all the petitions to do away with guns or more legislation of guns that I created my own on Change.org. It will probably be deleted as that is a pretty liberal site. If you agree please sign the petition to show the Whitehouse that many law abiding citizens are gun advocates. http://www.change.org/petitions/whit...un-legislation

If you have anything to add let me know as I wrote that piece after a 18 hour shift at work.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'll sign this when I get on my own computer at home. Guns kill people like spoons make people fat. It's people who are responsible, not inanimate objects. There will always be nutcase violent people in this world. Ban guns, knives, axes, what have you, and only the bad guys will have them, making the law-abiding citizens sitting ducks. The fallacy that everybody is a "good person" has gone too far. There are evil people in this world, and regulations and laws mean nothing to them. In this case, the mother was reckless in that she did not have her firearms secured in a safe as they should have been. But, that said, the wacko who did the crime would most certainly have found another way to carry out his killing spree. In many cases, there is simply no way to predict and head off the homicidal behavior of a lunatic before the act takes place. It's a sad fact of life, and gun control won't help a bit.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Tic Toc.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
Tic Toc.
Libtards will impose more laws upon you.

<snip>

"Need" is never a metric used to determine the exercise of a right.

"Need", in this regard, is an artificial value judgment imposed by one person on another. In other words: Tyranny.

You do not get to determine what I need any more than I get to determine what you need. The list of items we possess, and actions we indulge in, that are "un-needed" and potentially (or even demonstrably) dangerous is endless.

A freedom to choose things outside of our "needs" is what it means to have self-determination and freedom. Unless someone's exercise of that choice directly infringes on another's freedom it should not be a consideration of the State or any other person what that choice may be.

"Need" is not the justification I must make to live my life

69 OHC ZH Sprint Hurst 3 Speed 3:55 (1 of 213)
99 Valkyrie 1520cc Flat 6 108hp/110tq - For Sale
http://sohcsix.yuku.com/forums/1/OHC-lounge
Wanted: 1969 OHC "H" Camshaft
Old 12-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
Tic Toc.
Well did you sign it Rob.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMD1969 View Post
Libtards will impose more laws upon you.

<snip>

"Need" is never a metric used to determine the exercise of a right.

"Need", in this regard, is an artificial value judgment imposed by one person on another. In other words: Tyranny.

You do not get to determine what I need any more than I get to determine what you need. The list of items we possess, and actions we indulge in, that are "un-needed" and potentially (or even demonstrably) dangerous is endless.

A freedom to choose things outside of our "needs" is what it means to have self-determination and freedom. Unless someone's exercise of that choice directly infringes on another's freedom it should not be a consideration of the State or any other person what that choice may be.

"Need" is not the justification I must make to live my life
Good post.

Old 12-21-2012, 03:29 PM
Senior Chief

It hurts me as a proud law abiding American who served his country to know that the truth is out there, but I have to dig for it. I can't rely on the media or my gov't to give me all the facts anymore and let me decide for myself. I now see that this current issue is not just about recent events. Its about protecting our freedom and the freedom of future generations...Signed!!

Closed Thread