Old 01-20-2022, 04:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Do you have a 67 GTO or LeMans with factory AC?

I have a 67 LeMans with factory AC and am replacing the condenser. I believe the brackets may be mislocated on the replacement condenser I got from Classic Auto Air aka Original Air. I am looking for someone to take some photos for me of the condenser at the top of the radiator support and a dimension from the top of the radiator support and the to of the top of upper freon tube coming out of the condenser.

Also wondering if anyone has the same issue of the brackets not being correct for the replacement condenser unit from Classic Auto Air.

Old 01-20-2022, 06:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The one I got from Classic Air for my 69 had adjustable brackets. Is there any way you can modify the brackets?

Old 01-20-2022, 06:51 PM

This is an original condenser installed on my '67 GTO. The distance from the top of the radiator support to the top of the condenser input tube is about 0.75"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Condensor Installed.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	582302   Click image for larger version

Name:	Condensor Installed 2.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	582303   Click image for larger version

Name:	Core support to top of condensor input.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	582305  

Old 01-20-2022, 07:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ben, thanks that is what I needed

Old 01-20-2022, 09:30 PM
Ultimate Warrior

After I tried to install the thing I found it impossible to fit. Initially I did not know what the issue was but eventually figured out their brackets on one side were mislocated. I called Original Air sent them pictures of their unit and the OEM unit took a bunch of measurements ect. ect... Then they asked me to send my old unit and their unit back to them. They told me they have been making these for years and never had a problem and I find that very hard to believe. Original Air said they would use my OEM unit and make thiers exactly like the original and ship both units back. Original Air sent back both units and they did not change the brackets so after all that they still did not fix anything.

So I decided to relocate the brackets into the proper position and slotted some holes in their brackets slightly bent the upper freon line and made some adjustments to the car with a sledge hammer now I think I can make it work. I sure hope their condenser works because after seeing how bad this thing was built I am a little fearful of the performance. This has been a real PITA. Yes Bruce it does have adjustable brackets but that didn't help any.

You would think after having a perfect sample of an OEM part they could get this right but they still managed to F***K it up.

Old 01-20-2022, 10:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Lots of identical repeat posts here... You also created two more identical posts in the Heating & Cooling TECH section and the 66-67 GTO Tempest & LeMans TECH section.

Mods: Can we get a little clean up on Aisle 3?

1966 Pontiac GTO (restoration thread)
1998 BMW 328is (track rat)
2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited (daily)
View my photos: Caught in the Wild
The Following User Says Thank You to ZeGermanHam For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2022, 11:35 AM
Ultimate Warrior

ZeGermanHam
Do you think I don't already know this? I was trying to expand the request in order to have the best chance of getting a reply. What is the purpose of your post? You certainly are not helping me with my request are you just trying to be a smart a** or what?

Old 01-21-2022, 02:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Corcoran View Post
ZeGermanHam
Do you think I don't already know this? I was trying to expand the request in order to have the best chance of getting a reply. What is the purpose of your post? You certainly are not helping me with my request are you just trying to be a smart a** or what?
As a best practice and general courtesy to others, it's helpful to not scattershot the same exact post in multiple sections. The reason for this is because others may not see if someone has already answered your question in another duplicate thread, and it clutters things up (including search results in the future). It just makes everyone's life harder because the discussion becomes completely fragmented, and this is why mods will often merge duplicate threads.

Standard protocol is to post in one section. If there are no responses after a little while because perhaps that particular section got less view traffic than you had hoped, then maybe consider posting elsewhere that might have more traffic.

Last edited by ZeGermanHam; 01-21-2022 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-21-2022, 06:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Why don't you leave the moderation up to the moderators and mind your own business. You may think your some kind of an authority on this posting board but your not.

Old 01-21-2022, 07:57 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The moderators have since deleted your duplicate posts. Take it down a notch.

I definitely do not think I'm any kind of authority here. Far from it. There are just general courtesies that are nice when it comes to posting here.

Last edited by ZeGermanHam; 01-21-2022 at 08:50 PM.
Old 01-22-2022, 12:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

i have no opinion whatsoever about this, but for reasons that escape me I absolutely love to get into the middle of random arguments between complete strangers on the internet. hi!!!!

Old 01-22-2022, 01:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Welcome!