THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 06-15-2012, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron cozzo View Post
Well, I'm still in the hospital this morning. Had a hard time getting my bladder volume down and some gas passed. Finally at 11pm last night both were accomplished. Just ordered up some breakfast, then maybe a shower and hopefully discharged before lunch.
Yeah, I heard you were full of it.

A proud Veteran who is the proud son of a Veteran and the proud father of a Veteran

"Political Correctness: A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media; which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I made it home around 1pm. My house is a split level, so, the good news is everything is only a half flight away. The bad news is that everything is a half flight away. Just trying to make it through this first night home, because they'll just keep getting better.

'66 LeMans Hardtop, 400, FI, A/C, 4L80E.
'64 GTO Hardtop, "389", Tri-power, 5 speed, A/C, Yorktown Blue.
http://www.gtoaco.com
Old 06-27-2012, 06:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Two weeks update.

I stopped using my walker yesterday and am now using a cane. I can walk and stand unassisted, but my confidence is still building. My gait is not normal yet, but I expect that to improve quickly without the walker.

I'm still taking pain meds to keep comfortable, which is still wreaking havoc on my bowels. Stool softeners are still required.

Being at the two week mark, I'm able to stop wearing the leg pumps. It'll be nice to be untethered finally. My exercises have gotten much easier. Those scissors were killers the first week.

Sleeping is still not great. It's difficult sleeping only on your back. You basically can't move. I sleep maybe two three hour shifts at best.

I went to the surgeon's office yesterday to discuss some pain and while I was there I snapped this picture of my x-ray.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PART951340713892167.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	289083  

Last edited by ron cozzo; 06-27-2012 at 07:03 AM.
Old 07-11-2012, 04:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Here's a really neat video about the anterior approach. Shows the patient up and walking just a few hours after the surgery. Surgery in the morning, walking in the afternoon.

http://www.methodisthealthsystem.org/body.cfm?id=1924

68 Firebird, trying a q-jet now. 434/10.5:1/997's/240-242 HFT/4L80E/2800 Yank/3.42's/ Vintage Air/ 13.0 @105 mph
70 Lemans, 350/350, A/C, mostly stock
14 Ram CC, 5.7 Hemi, 8-speed, 3.92 lsd
97 Trans Am, HPP Aug 2012 http://www.highperformancepontiac.co...tiac_trans_am/ ***Sold***
Old 07-21-2012, 03:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

5+ week update. Saw my surgeon yesterday. I got permission to return to work and drive. Woohoo! Not being able to drive for 5 weeks sucked. I've been off my pain meds for a week and a half now. I asked my surgeon which of the precautions I need to keep following. He said none. Just go carefully and listen to your body. I finally got to sleep on my side last night. I'm still sore and my walking gait isn't smooth, but its improving. Took my 68 convertible for a drive today. The clutch was difficult as that's my operative leg, but I was able to do it, and it was easier as the drive went on. Back to work (desk job) Monday. Barring any problems, this will probably be my last update.