Old 02-22-2002, 01:02 AM

I recently purchased a 71 Lemans Sport. Does anyone have any info on these? It is totally rust free and in original one owner condition. Buckets, console, auto, 350, factory air, etc.
VIN: 237371Z117909. Would appreciate any info or feedback on these cars. I'm new to Pontiac. (Former Mopar guy) Thanks. Dave

Old 02-22-2002, 01:02 AM

I recently purchased a 71 Lemans Sport. Does anyone have any info on these? It is totally rust free and in original one owner condition. Buckets, console, auto, 350, factory air, etc.
VIN: 237371Z117909. Would appreciate any info or feedback on these cars. I'm new to Pontiac. (Former Mopar guy) Thanks. Dave

Old 02-22-2002, 09:14 AM

gmoney, Go to www.phs-online.com and get the info packet. Fax it to them for the extra 10 and you'll get it right back.

Old 02-22-2002, 04:28 PM

so what is that you want / need to know ..
There are several good sources of info as I have
found out myself in the last 2-3 years since I got my 70 ..
Andy

Old 02-22-2002, 10:42 PM

Thanks for the info on the PHS doc package. Will go ahead and order. Just curious if any of you guys have one of these cars and if they are pretty common or what??? Thanks.

Old 02-25-2002, 01:59 PM

Sounds like a nice car. Nothing overly rare about it though. The AC sounds nice, but I live in S. Florida, where it's practically mandatory. Idaho sounds a little chillier, on average.... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Does yours have the chrome LeM. front end, or the optional Endura (soft plastic) nose? I was always partial to the Endura nose in those last two years ('71 and '72).

The GM A-bodies (Chevelle, Cutlass, Skylark, LeMans) are great foundations for solid musclecars. The suspension, brakes, engines, and style are tops, IMHO. Nothing weird like torsion springs or cramped engine compartments or rare, unobtainable parts.....

As for Pontiac engines, the blocks are externally the same (except for minor differences) for all displacements: 326 on up thru 455, so much, much more performance is just an easy swap away...

Welcome aboard and Good Luck with your new toy!

Kirk

Old 02-25-2002, 02:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Welcome to the board.

3,865 '71 LeMans Sport converts were produced. Expanded weave seat LeMans Sport interior was shared with the '71 GTO. Nice clean styling on these, I personally prefer the chrome front bumper cars [img]tongue.gif[/img] Just wondering... what color is your interior?

Old 02-26-2002, 12:00 AM

Thanks for the response guys. My lemans has the chrome front. The interior is off white with the open weave inserts. The dash is a tan color. Never could stand those light color interiors much. Oh well, it is super clean though. Just refinished some rallye 2's for it, almost time to put them on (can't stand those stock hubcaps). I like the "A" body hardtops myself. thanks for the info. Dave

Old 02-26-2002, 12:09 AM

I have a 72 Lemans Sport.I bougth the car in Tx.Had the car since 1986.Im in the prosase of restoring.from what u said u have the same options that mine does.I do have the chrome front end.But the valance is in sad shape so changed it just going to paint the new one.Info on the car have had no luck. Brian

Old 02-26-2002, 12:13 AM

Dave,
Welcome to the board. Here's a couple of pictures of a 72 Lemans convertible I recently sold...

Kurt

Old 02-26-2002, 12:17 AM

Oops,
Sorry to screw up the post, I guess those pics are kinda big...

Old 02-26-2002, 12:23 AM

Oh yeah, but VERY NICE!!!

Old 02-26-2002, 12:45 AM

Nice car!Q? what is that under the Lemans Sport emblem on the fender? Brian

Old 02-26-2002, 12:48 AM

Never mind .Brian

Old 02-26-2002, 01:31 AM

HA HA

Old 02-26-2002, 10:17 AM
Senior Chief

I have a 72 Lemans Sport hard top I have owned it for about 11 years now and have completely restored/Modified it. It started out with no engine or trans and no rims or tires. I bought the car for $125 and now she is a pretty mean street car with a 455 +30 and a th400 trans. The interior is called Pewter (greenish gray in color) and the paint is Medium metallic Purple and the front end is chrome. Surprising the only metal that was replaced was the hood from being bent no other metal needed repair, and the car is from and spent it's entire life in New Jersey. I have found that there are no two Lemans the same. There is always something completely different about each one. Weather it's trim, interior, engine, radiator support, header panel (fiber glass or steel) or the endura front end or the chrome bumper front end. Even the grills are different from time to time. I have only ran into two other Lemans with the pewter color interior. One from New Jersey a convertable and the other a hard top in Alabama. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]