Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 01-14-2012, 01:12 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWilkie View Post
Lou its NOT unsubstantiated

Picture Slowbird shows looks ok. IIRC Don has a very early casting as does Calvin. The ones at PRI appeared different than theirs.

I'm just trying to confirm if the issue had already been addressed.

GACH... please STOP injecting your political opinions in a technical discussion.
Sure it is, your obsess with something that has been proven to be a none issue and for one reason only. the more you talk the easier the obvious becomes.

Old 01-14-2012, 02:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

... when we talked to Rick from Edelbrock at PRI this year about the plug location, he said that there were some early castings that had some things in different places, he thinks that was why Calvin's proport casting probably had the plug where it was, he assured it has since been corrected ...

Old 01-21-2012, 08:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

As far as I can tell my plug location is in the same location as Jim's heads which was said to have a plug location problem.
If there was a change it was very slight and not noticeable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	271769   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC09119c.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	271770  

Old 01-24-2012, 02:11 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Visited with another CNC guy last week. We are moving forward on CNC'd extensively ported 11 degree Pro Ports. Working all the details...

Old 01-24-2012, 12:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Robertson View Post
Visited with another CNC guy last week. We are moving forward on CNC'd extensively ported 11 degree Pro Ports. Working all the details...
Great news Jim! can hardly wait to see the results!

Old 01-28-2012, 12:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thanks 69...These should be good

In an attempt to continue the flow of info on 11 deg head dimensions, I posted this on another thread and I thought I would add it here for the continuity.

Center of guide opening to center of rocker stud hole - Since these openings are not on the same plane and are drilled at different angles it is hard to measure however I measured 1.463" from closest side of guide opening (guides are not installed yet) to the closest side of threaded rocker stud hole. Guide opening is .502" diameter and stud hole is .442" therefore a very rough center to center is 1.935"

Center of head bolt hole (between intake ports) to center of intake guide opening - These are closer to being on the same plane but again these are drilled at different angles...we measured 1.31" from closest side of guide opening (guides are not installed yet) to the closest side of head bolt hole. Guide opening is .502" diameter and head bolt hole is .530" therefore a rough center to center is 1.826" Head bolt hole to other adjacent intake guide opening is the same within .001" So head bolt hole is centered nicely between the two intake guides.

Valve cover rail to deck at its closest point is 4.99"

Old 01-28-2012, 08:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

.... here is cool pic i found, i belive it is Butler new ported ProPort head, it looks nice though, who's ever it is ....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Butler ProPort Head.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	272570  

Old 01-28-2012, 08:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
As far as I can tell my plug location is in the same location as Jim's heads which was said to have a plug location problem.
If there was a change it was very slight and not noticeable.
.... i'm pretty sure nobody was talking about Jim's ProPort head having the issue, the concern came from the pics of Calvin's ProPort head/half ....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN2130.JPG
Views:	105
Size:	235.8 KB
ID:	272571   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2129.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	230.8 KB
ID:	272572  

Old 01-28-2012, 09:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturrbo406 View Post
.... i'm pretty sure nobody was talking about Jim's ProPort head having the issue, the concern came from the pics of Calvin's ProPort head/half ....
Lol, ok.
If that is the case then why was this "concern" ever brought up? The issue was corrected before Jim got his heads. So why even mention it? I guess Bruce brought it because........?????????

Old 01-28-2012, 09:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
Lol, ok.
If that is the case then why was this "concern" ever brought up? The issue was corrected before Jim got his heads. So why even mention it? I guess Bruce brought it because........?????????
.... well, i'm not the one that brought that point up, but, we didn't talk to Rick about this until this past PRI show .... so when Bruce brought that up, no one knew it had been changed, that's all ....
.... so basically, the concern was correct, but has since been addressed, so what is the big deal ?? .... i was just trying to show where the concern came from, and it looked like Calvin's head-half had the issue, and Jim's did not .... it's not the end of the world ....
.... as for why Bruce brought it up ??? i'd say because he wanted to .... but i'd have to ask him to be 100% ....

Old 01-28-2012, 09:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Actually it was first mention by Jim of Rolanding racing on the Channel, I checked the dates. There was no mention by Bruce before that date. Bruce then bought up the subject here, the funny part was watching him obsessed about it, when we knew long before it wasn't a problem. The way it all came about didn't look good. Suddenly we had Calvin posting pictures, We just sat back kind of giggling as it was coming from the CV-1 boys.

Old 01-28-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gach View Post
Actually it was first mention by Jim of Rolanding racing on the Channel, I checked the dates. There was no mention by Bruce before that date. Bruce then bought up the subject here, the funny part was watching him obsessed about it, when we knew long before it wasn't a problem. The way it all came about didn't look good. Suddenly we had Calvin posting pictures, We just sat back kind of giggling as it was coming from the CV-1 boys.
Do you ever add anything positive to the Pontiac community or is it just more satisfying to stir it up, I don't give a rats ass whose heads I use and all the bs politics that go with it as long as it bolts up to my Pontiac block , because it does not mater they all need work to fit the application.

I have sd e- heads ,Lynn's Vs , Calvins cv1s and would use kre , tigers , don't care it's says Pontiac on my car dude not Chevy.

And if I recall the V,s port came from Ford, so whats the difference , everybody borrows tech , can't all of us and you put some of your anger towards the other brands and let this crap go for the good of the Pontiac guys ??..

Maybe we can even get more great products by being positive, as we can buy whatever we each chose and that fits a our needs!

More choices are always better !!!! JMO

Thanks

Old 01-28-2012, 11:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

On that Butler head it appears material has been added for the outer manifold bolt holes. This set does not have enough boss cast to move the hole as he has. We were planning to weld this set to allow moving .500"

Old 01-28-2012, 11:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
On that Butler head it appears material has been added for the outer manifold bolt holes. This set does not have enough boss cast to move the hole as he has. We were planning to weld this set to allow moving .500"
X2.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Hey I was just stating facts, I could care less what head anyone uses. If it meets your goals that's all that counts. What the Pontiac guys don't like is the dyno queen numbers that never get back up, then claiming their the best thing since slice bread.

Tons of guys post their dyno numbers along with their combination, the difference is they have a specific HP goal in mind that their trying to reach their not selling a product. When A head like a CV one dominates all the topics week after week they're going to get judged. At some point you have to produce some proof that their actually making the HP, flow numbers and dyno sheets after while just don't cut it. the problem is all the other heads have proven themselves CV ones haven't yet proved to be any better. So we leave up to you to deside which head to choose.

You made 813 HP now go out and make the CV one guys proud and back it up with some track time. Nothing wrong with defending your head choice.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
.... same here, but they do look nice ....

Old 01-29-2012, 12:24 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontsd View Post
Do you ever add anything positive to the Pontiac community or is it just more satisfying to stir it up, I don't give a rats ass whose heads I use and all the bs politics that go with it as long as it bolts up to my Pontiac block , because it does not mater they all need work to fit the application.

I have sd e- heads ,Lynn's Vs , Calvins cv1s and would use kre , tigers , don't care it's says Pontiac on my car dude not Chevy.

And if I recall the V,s port came from Ford, so whats the difference , everybody borrows tech , can't all of us and you put some of your anger towards the other brands and let this crap go for the good of the Pontiac guys ??..

Maybe we can even get more great products by being positive, as we can buy whatever we each chose and that fits a our needs!

More choices are always better !!!! JMO

Thanks
.... you wont win with this guy Ted, i honestly believe he is bi-polar, he is in this thread bringing up old topics, and all i was trying to do was clear up where i thought the "sparkplug issue" started from, it really is a lost cause, he has turn-coat on way too many people on these boards, and no matter what you say to him, he will keep gringing up the old crap ....
.... the funny thing, is he was the biggest "Hype" guy on the boards for the CV-1's, and this was before i had even seen a CV-1 head, and now he is in here complaining about the head being over-hyped !! LOL !! Absolutely classic ....

Old 01-29-2012, 12:38 AM
Ultimate Warrior

No bill just the facts, and the truth. When you find out they hid things and omit facts, and spin things thats when you no longer can defend a product.

Old 01-29-2012, 12:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gach View Post
Actually it was first mention by Jim of Rolanding racing on the Channel, I checked the dates. There was no mention by Bruce before that date.
CORRECT!

Quote:
Bruce then bought up the subject here
No one else had brought it up here or any other pro-port threads anywhere else, that I'm aware of. If someone knew for certain that it had already been corrected they could(should) have ended the conversation right there.

Quote:
the funny part was watching him obsessed about it,
Preignition is a far more serious issue than detonation and I have 1st hand knowledge of it. NOTHING FUNNY ABOUT PREIGNITION! Yet you seem to think its some minor issue.
I wouldnt want anyone, even you Gach, to have to go through that experience.

Quote:
when we knew long before it wasn't a problem.
Who is we??? Were any facts presented at that time that backs up this claim??? If you sat on facts and didnt present them then you were in there to stir the pot. Doesnt show well of you then does it?

Quote:
The way it all came about didn't look good. Suddenly we had Calvin posting pictures, We just sat back kind of giggling as it was coming from the CV-1 boys.
Seems you were the one doing most of the laughing at the issue... largely because you think its because I'm a cv1 guy. Most people dont think like you Lou.... most have enough consideration for the other guy to at least consider the issue and possible consequences regardless of who he associates with.

Early into Jims thread even DCI expressed concern. (along with a few others) But even then you tried to make it out as if it didnt exist. Apparently DCI had an early development piece too. By your standards the guy who designed the Tiger must not have any credibility either...but wait a minute...he's not a cv1 guy so you just pretend he didnt back up my concern... or you are just off on one of your vendettas... which one is it Lou??

I truly brought it up here because a plug that cant pull heat from the tip because it is too close to a very high heat source will greatly increase the possibility for preignition. Fortunately it has been addressed at Edelbrock yet no one in the Pontiac community knew it had been. Yep Lou I'm the bad guy... part of the "posse" only looking out for CV1 interests.

Yep I like CV1's and regular E's and wideports and hi-ports and tigers and warps, aluminum D's, RA5, even old iron of all kinds. Love that we have so many options. Was a time we had D's, early SD's, Round ports, or RA5. Most of us had to like the regular old D's because the others were difficult to come by.

But Lou... you are entitled to your opinion regardless if you are right or wrong. Your opinion of me is meaningless regardless. After all you are so highly regarded amongst us.

Old 01-29-2012, 01:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well Bruce it doesn't really appear that way, looks like Jim put that bug in your ear first then made it your idea. No....we knew about it, but enjoyed watching you guys back yourselves in a corner. We kept trying to tell you but you wouldn't let it go. It's nice to see all the progress being done on the CV one heads. Keep up the good work. I think there's a chance CV's could give the Pro Port some competition.