Exhaust TECH Mufflers, Headers and Pipes Issues

Old 01-18-2001, 11:48 PM

Does anybody know of anyone who makes a reasonably priced set of true duals for a 71 bird that will bolt to factory manifolds? I'm looking for a 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 inch system. I'm looking for a bolt on system because I have no experience with welding and would like to install myself. If not, what are you're opinions on the flowmaster kits in terms of fit, ease of installation, and performance(with the transverse muffler). Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 01-18-2001, 11:48 PM

Does anybody know of anyone who makes a reasonably priced set of true duals for a 71 bird that will bolt to factory manifolds? I'm looking for a 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 inch system. I'm looking for a bolt on system because I have no experience with welding and would like to install myself. If not, what are you're opinions on the flowmaster kits in terms of fit, ease of installation, and performance(with the transverse muffler). Any advice would be appreciated.

Old 01-23-2001, 01:05 AM
Senior Chief

On my 71 Formula there where two pipes that went all the way back to the cross flow muffler. When I got the car when I was 16 I just had the pipes cut and some mufflers added. I was poor so the mufflers where cheap. The mufflers where placed in front of the rear end with some turn downs. If you are really deteremined to get a pre fabbed kit you may want to try "Torque Tech Performance Products". I see their adds in most Pontiac mags. There number is (912) 241-1563 and there order number is (800) 408-0016. You can also try this website http://members.surfsouth.com/~torque

71 Firebird, best 1/8th mile time of 5.02 at 142 at altitude in Vegas