Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Default YearOne

Let me start by saying yearone is the only place that I could order 64 molded bench seat foam. Neither PY or Ames had them. They also had the best price on a door latch mechanism at $59. So I ordered just thoese two items. Just guess what the shipping charge was? Anyone???? $77 to ship foam and a door latch. WTF! Its seat foam! It can't weigh that much.

Looking over their online catalog its no wonder I don't order from them. They are about 30% higher then most others. They are lots of discounts for orders over $500 and $1000 but even with thoes discounts they are still higher then PY or Ames. I had a 15% discount code from asking some questions online but guess what? Both items were exempt from any discounts. I feel like I got raped and not even a kiss on the back of the neck.

Sorry for the rant. I still have many parts to order and will purchasing from PY for them.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Yup. I have one of their paper catalogs just to look at the pretty pictures. The pricing is absurd.

69 OHC ZH Sprint Hurst 3 Speed 3:55 (1 of 213)
99 Valkyrie 1520cc Flat 6 108hp/110tq - For Sale
http://sohcsix.yuku.com/forums/1/OHC-lounge
Wanted: 1969 OHC "H" Camshaft
Old 04-30-2013, 05:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

At least you got what you needed. Did you ask what the shipping was going to be?

Old 04-30-2013, 10:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

The last thing I ordered from them was carpet about '91.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I've experienced this with Classic Ind as well. You need have them quote the part shipped that way you can compare apples to apples pricing.
BTW, seat foam is usually packed in oversize boxes thats why they cost more. $77 is a bit rediculous though!

Old 05-06-2013, 11:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The shipping cost was still bugging a week after ordering, so today I gave Yearone a call to simply ask why the charge was so high? I was very nice and just asked a few questions about it.

According to them UPS charges by Dimensional wight and not actual weight because it labled as a oversized item. The Dimensional weight according to the sales guy brought the shipping cost way up since the dimensional weight was = to 75lbs.

Is that true? If I took the same box to UPS to ship back would I pay close to that some amount? Maybe things have changed but in all the orders I have every placed for car parts I have never had a shipping charge that high. Then again maybe that is the biggest boxed item I have ever ordered.

Also found out the door latch was back ordered. Missed that on the online ordering. Sounds like they will have some more the middle of next week.

The box showed up this last Friday all mangled but looking through the hole in the corner it looked like the foam was undamaged.

Anyway to finish my rant. The sales guy gave me $20 discount on the order. I was very thankfull for that. It was better then a sharp stick in the eye.

Old 06-12-2013, 03:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I worked for a friend of mine that ran a shipping company a few years ago and yes they go by box size. They charge according to how much space the box takes up in the truck/plane etc...