Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 04-02-2006, 12:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVGTO
I haven't had any problems with Year One, but I don't do business with PY (too expensive) I love their forums, but I buy mainly buy Steve at Ame's and if not Classic Industries.
Didn`t Steve sell Ames?

Old 04-02-2006, 10:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I haven't had any problems with Year One, but I don't do business with PY (too expensive) I love their forums, but I buy mainly buy Steve at Ame's and if not Classic Industries.

Not to pick - but I have found that YO is way more expensive than almost all others. They tend to have decent quality - but not always. They stock plenty of crap (like all vendors) and usually sell it at a premium. YO's tech help is usually HORRIBLE! When I have called the tech line - I have waited and never gotten through. PY's tech line has always picked up within minutes.

Don't get me wrong I use YO, but find them most expensive and not neccessarily the most helpful. They do tend to have prompt shipping and good quality stuff.

Old 04-02-2006, 06:41 PM

Year one is awful i dont buy from them anymore i go through performace years or paddock or ames.I wont buy from year one they list it all and dont have squat.

Old 04-02-2006, 10:42 PM

Default Year One

I do not buy from Year one because they are never at any of the Nationals. I send my money to both the companys that show up at the shows and Pontiac events. Same with performance shops I will spend a little more if not the same money and buy from KRE or the Butlers so hopefully they can continue what they are doing.

Vince

Old 04-02-2006, 11:04 PM
Senior Chief

I don't buy from Year one anymore either as when I ordered a Z-bar for my T/A from thier Firebird catalog, they sent me one for a Camaro. Apparently they don't realize that there is a difference in these two cars.

Old 04-04-2006, 07:28 PM

for what its worth, PY has always done me right. And the prices are as good if not better than anywhere else.

Old 04-04-2006, 10:35 PM

I tried getting some armrests from Year One. Said itd be 5 months before they got any, and they needed to order them from guess where, China. OPG pulled the same crap. Also, when I bought my car, the owner had purchased a new dash pad from them, for me. Well, the dash pad fit like clown pants on a midget, and it was the worst quality contruction and material every. So I took the vinyl off it, and made my own dash pad thats way better.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:13 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to oxfordsteve
Default Year One

In the late 80's I didn't know of any venders but Year One and was always satisfied. As I learned about PY and Ames I bought some things YO didn't stock, but since YO was so close, the time and shipping was attractive and I continued to buy from them. Then several years ago the prices at YO shot up and service declined so I have bought almost exclusively from PY and Ames depending on who had what I needed when I needed.

I did stray to OPG once because of a great holiday sale a couple of years ago with free shipping. 70% of stuff was backordered and when it came in piece by piece, they charged my card shipping for each piece. They also charged full price rather than the sale price when I ordered it. I had several hundred dollars in overcharges by the time it was over. I used a debit card and the overcharges hit right before payday so I had my first bounced checks in over a decade, along with the associated fees and embarrassment. They finally made it right and even reimbursed my OD fees, but I was so disgusted by the hassle that I have not ordered from them since.

Steve Ames was great to deal with, but if he is gone then my only loyalty is to PY because of this forum as well as the service, prices and products. My experience with PY has always been good.

Old 04-10-2006, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by se428bandit
As an former employee of year one i could have told you that they suck,I'm surprised that they had a part on the shelf.Usually they never,ever have something in stock and have to back order it.Plus pontiac owners are thought of being the scum of the earth there,everyone there is a mopar person or chevrolet.
WOW .... ! I thought Year one was founded on Pontiac.... they have been around for ever... every time I went to the local Pontiac dealer for parts or help.... I received nothing... but a hard time! maybe you are a X body Pontiac.... THEY SURE HELPED ME FOR OVER 20 + PERFORMANCE YEARS

Old 04-16-2006, 08:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Xbody owner [Thats Funny]

Quote:
Originally Posted by super duty 455 JD
WOW .... ! I thought Year one was founded on Pontiac.... they have been around for ever... every time I went to the local Pontiac dealer for parts or help.... I received nothing... but a hard time! maybe you are a X body Pontiac.... THEY SURE HELPED ME FOR OVER 20 + PERFORMANCE YEARS
Year one first started but in the early 80's because "len" who started YO wanted to build a 69 T/A clone and that how YO gots it name[the first year of the T/A]but he barely owns any of YO now.

If you look at my name here i think you can see what i own and have owned for 21 years,my first car at 17 was a 69 firebird 400