Pontiac - Race The next Level

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 12:27 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default Dragncar are you lost?

Start reading maybe page before this post.
http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...&postcount=120

No need for silence.

We are waiting.

Old 08-25-2017, 12:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cRICKET.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	10.2 KB
ID:	461892  

Sandy, UT
---------------------------------------------------
Old 08-25-2017, 02:45 PM
Boost Engineer

Back to another CV-1 Head Commercial, by the head salesman on the board.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 08-25-2017, 03:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice try...
He brought up drivel on other thread and said he has questions. We're waiting for his questions so we can answer them.

Old 08-25-2017, 03:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
So Tom, where were you and your moderator posts when Dragncar started this?

Stan
Maybe answer Stan's question?

Winner of Top Class at Pontiac Nationals, 2004 Cordova
Winner of Quick 16 At Ames 2004 Pontiac Tripower Nats

KRE's MR-1 - 1st 5 second Pontiac block ever!

"Every man has a right to his own opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts."

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." – Socrates
Old 08-25-2017, 05:39 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You want some of me Bruce ? I dont have time for this at the moment. You know I work nites Right ? Tues through Sat. And I have a 2 day Wally race. That I will make both days. Wallys in all classes Sun and one on Sat.
I like Wallys, I race a actual car Bruce. I have to load my car on the trailer, put it in a neighbors enclosed property, go to work, get off at 1:30, get up and race go to work, get off at 1:30 and race again.
I do not help this guy or that guy a little on the side and call myself a engine builder. Or wanna be builder like yourself. You ought to watch what you PM folks and then act like you are not a hypocrite. Think you can call me out for saying what everyone knows about the big shops and high end porting. You are one of the people who PMed me about Butler having a a guy down the street doing it for cheap. But I all ready knew that from the horses mouth.
You have "delusions of grandeur" my friend. Told me you could have been like Butler of KRE had health issues not been there. Now I do not doubt those issues have effected your life in a negative way. No one wants that. All this pissing contest stuff is nothing when it comes to ones, or ones family members health.
But I sometimes start threads because I am looking for high end advice. People that straight up "know" the questions I have put forth. You always seem to chime in. Your opinion is not high on my list, somehow goes CV or Twin. If I was looking for that, I would ask for that.

Now, let me put this out there. I would like to know the highest NA horsepower on any CV engine, race gas and pump gas. And why this head, with every advantage that it should have on the surface, canted intake valve, cut back exhaust, very high quality castings can not beat even the lowly E head. A head that was originally intended as a RAIV replacement. See, I am a true die hard Pontiac fan who loves to shove it in BBC guys face when you build a "reliable" in line Pontiac engine that keeps up with or beats them. And the idea of this "canted valve" head with our old ex pattern was a threat to making our old inline heads obsolete. It had every chance but has failed. Failed in all out HP, and reliability. I know they do fine if folks 700-800ish HP engines.
And here is the thing, we all like Pontiacs or we would not be here. And the CV crowd is going try and make me seem like a big A hole. There are plenty of cool guys with the heads, Hooter is a cool dude in my opinion, BADDTA another one, another Bird guy I can not remember at the moment. . So you guys are going to try and make it personal with them, its not. But some have smelled to coffee, Rustys head is for sale. Those Mustang CV cars are gone.
Tell me why this canted head can not beat a Edelbrock, High Port or Tiger. It IS APPLES TO APPLES. Plenty of 1000+HP NA engines with them. What do you have, one guy , Fulton. What is the reliability of his engine ?
The most respected guys are the heads up guys. What do they run ? Who does their stuff ? They all know. If it worked they would run it. Why all the free head giveaways ? The top head porters want PAID real money for their services. Kind of makes it hard on them when people get stuff free or dirt cheap. But wanna bet they are laughing in the end.
NA power is king. If the head works there it translates.
Tell me why anyone would drop big bucks on them after they get all the one off stuff only to have less than a basic E head. Remember P Dude going 10 flats, frustrated. Got plain ol std 340-350 Wide Ports and he was mid 9s, just like that.
On the outside the idea is a good one, but executed very poorly. They have the wrong valve angle and I bet valve placement. But I have never asked on the latter. You guys had every chance to redo the head early on. But it would cost real money for the expert advice. So you got a guy fresh out of porting school for cheap or free. The killer is they dont fill the cylinders evenly. Burn plugs and worse with NOS. What happens when heat is uneven on a aluminum mass, cracks. And when the racers come for answers and you have none, they are not cool anymore. So your attention goes to someone else who has not learned. Its about the people getting What happened to Arnies big CV NOS engine ? Did he pay for it, bet not. Did it burn up, you tell me.
Now you want to make a bet? What a bunch of jokers. A bet YOU control. Get the Big Dog Heads Up Racers in your camp. I know of a bunch of broken parts in guys who try and go real fast. You know it, I know it. And if I gave their names up I would not be trusted anymore. They are safe with me.

Its simple, beat them mentioned inline heads, straight up. Prove it not a white elephant head. Has a real use.
I remember all the talk when it first came out. 380 cfm, head porters not needed ect BS. Intake after crutch intake to fix the distribution issues. Port after "I got wings" port after crutch port. It needs cut up, welded back together the right way and new molds made. Then you will have the baddest Pontiac head around. You had your chance.
Prove it, rubber meets the road right there.

Now you guys bang away on your keyboards. I have to load my car, go to work and get up and race.
Have a nice day, remember, its one big happy Pontiac family.

Old 08-25-2017, 06:32 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnta1 View Post
Maybe answer Stan's question?

Difficult to reply to a thread John, when it has links to other threads and more posts referencing even more threads. Plus 99% of the stuff you post is just stirring up the chit anyway. But since I was RIGHT HERE reading Dragncar's B*tchslap of Bruce's comments, I figured I might as well try to explain it to you again.

By the way, My Twin Turbo Stuff is all mocked and on the engine stand.

Your Turbo stuff went to waste. (A guy who refused to at least try to build the pieces to mount the parts on his lightweight dragster.)

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 08-25-2017, 06:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Whole bunch of lies there but figures.... Show us a pm I supposedly sent about Butler for starters. Better yet go to other thread. You started with the drivel to begin with.
Good luck racing I sincerely mean that.

Old 08-25-2017, 07:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

By the way...a very small part of decision to take a job position in Nashville was because it was close to Butlers. I live about 60 miles from them. Since here I have met a few of them at nearby events and all seem like fine folks to me.

Sometime around 2007 I did have a phone experience that didn't go well but I think just misunderstanding each other maybe cause of accent differences. ( I was still learning "southern speak" back then too. I don't recall who it was exactly.. I bought elsewhere (pdude maybe)because sales tax was higher than shipping from out of state.
If you want to post a pm or post and prove otherwise go ahead.

Old 08-25-2017, 07:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
Back to another CV-1 Head Commercial, by the head salesman on the board.

Tom V.
... Useless TV post #33602 ...

Old 08-25-2017, 08:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragncar View Post
.l
Remember P Dude going 10 flats, frustrated. Got plain ol std 340-350 Wide Ports and he was mid 9s, just like that.
P Dude replaced his CV'ies with a standard pushrod location Ehead...not a wideport.

Last edited by PAUL K; 08-25-2017 at 08:30 PM.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
P Dude replaced his CV'ies with a standard pushrod location Ehead...not a wideport.
... He also made other changes at the same time, that is not the complete story ... But of course the EHead lefties don't want to hear that lol ...

Old 08-25-2017, 09:44 PM

Dragncar will you be at Norwalk next year?

Old 08-25-2017, 09:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Holy hell guys....the head war is really old. The challenge to do a top end swap on the same short block would be awesome to see. I would love to see several top ends done. CV1s, Eheads, one or both V heads. ( DCI and McCarty) and high ports. But probably will never happen. All the choices have a place. And each have their haters. Those of us listening or reading don't listen to the haters who are so fanatic about how bad 1 choice is over the other. Of course e-heads have had amazing results. But look at the money to get them there. That kind of R&D would get the others there too in my opinion. One of the biggest arguments I've read against the CV head is that Roland wouldn't take advise to redesign it from some very good head experts. ..well ok, so what...move on. But to jump in and degrade any 1 of the head choices every time it's mentioned is childish. I will refrain from calling any names specifically because I believe most on here have valuable input on many topics.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:30 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Stoneburg View Post
One of the biggest arguments I've read against the CV head is that Roland wouldn't take advise to redesign it from some very good head experts.
scott,
its not about being stubborn..
i am all for making the product better- but which'expert' should i listen to? there have been at least 5 that have advised changes..... all different!!
considering that casting mold changes are about $10K a pop, which one is right? which one is the best?

NONE of them offered up any $$ to go along with their ideas.. all just insisted theirs was the correct opinion.... should i spend $50k to test all those proposed tooling changes PLUS testing costs??

listen, man, im not rich- ive never made 6 figures in my life. i MUST be prudent with my capital- so PLEASE dont interpret that as being stubborn.

so lets test and study the limits of the current design before we make any changes. imo- thats the best way to get the most bang for the $, and to keep purchase costs in check for the enthusiast
Jim.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I agree, to the head wars are old and mostly based on opinions of results vs sum of the parts effort and commitment. Try and post facts that contradict opinions and smear campaign begins.

I'm not here to sell anything I get no commission or discount on cv1. Dont expect one and wouldn't ask(however knowing Jim I think he will anyway when I buy my set)
I simply decided to check them out and Calvin Hill created my opportunity to learn tons about heads not just CV1. Also insight to privy info I will sit on forever... Not pz nonsense already thrown my way...you know the tactic over there....discredit the messenger is priority one.

Old 08-25-2017, 10:47 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anderson Port Development View Post
... He also made other changes at the same time, that is not the complete story ... But of course the EHead lefties don't want to hear that lol ...
... when the car had the 1st set of Eheads on it and the only change was the as cast gen 1 CV-1's going on, the car picked up a half second+ ... but of course no ehead lefty wants to talk about that ...

Old 08-25-2017, 10:56 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post
Difficult to reply to a thread John, when it has links to other threads and more posts referencing even more threads. Plus 99% of the stuff you post is just stirring up the chit anyway. But since I was RIGHT HERE reading Dragncar's B*tchslap of Bruce's comments, I figured I might as well try to explain it to you again.

By the way, My Twin Turbo Stuff is all mocked and on the engine stand.

Your Turbo stuff went to waste. (A guy who refused to at least try to build the pieces to mount the parts on his lightweight dragster.)

Tom V.

Dragncar doent Bitch slap anyone most of his post are incorrectly and twisted false statements!

GTO George

Old 08-25-2017, 11:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7T2

scott,
i am all for making the product better- but which'expert' should i listen to? there have been at least 5 that have advised changes..... all different!!
considering that casting mold changes are about $10K a pop, which one is right? which one is the best?

NONE of them offered up any $$ to go along with their ideas.. all just insisted theirs was the correct opinion.... should i spend $50k to test all those proposed tooling changes PLUS testing costs??

listen, man, im not rich- ive never made 6 figures in my life. i MUST be prudent with my capital- so PLEASE dont interpret that as being stubborn.

so lets test and study the limits of the current design before we make any changes. imo- thats the best way to get the most bang for the $, and to keep purchase costs in check for the enthusiast
Jim.

... ...

... also, i am pretty sure a couple of those so called expert head porters were actually the same experts that ended up on Mike Leech's cell phone just after Leech & crew hit the home run with his last E-Head combo ??? ON THE DYNO !!!!!!!!!! lol, yeah the same experts that tried to acuse Leech & Marcella of trying to pull some kind of stunt by releasing those dyno #'s and proclaiming to them that no way in hell is that head capable of making that kind of power ??? Yeah, it was those guys and i know that because Mike Leech explained to me in detail how that phone call went, which basically ended with Mike hanging up on said experts !!! ... So these are the very same experts Roland Racing was supposed to listen to huh ?? ... Yeah, Roland you made the right call, especially considering the dyno session i was at in south florida dyno'n Alex Brooks CV-1 engine, and guess who called right in the middle of it, you guessed it, Mr Expert Gabby himself proclaiming that the CV-1 would never be anything more than an 800hp head !!! LMAO, yeah exactly lol, so what other self proclaimed expert here on PY has posted that very same comment many times over ???????????????????????? Hummmm, maybe Mr. 33,610 useless post guy ???? Yeah, you made the right call lol ...

Last edited by Anderson Port Development; 08-25-2017 at 11:39 PM.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:24 PM
Ultimate Warrior

[QUOTE=7T2;5778812]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Stoneburg View Post
One of the biggest arguments I've read against the CV head is that Roland wouldn't take advise to redesign it from some very good head experts. /QUOTE]

scott,

Jim.
Jim...sorry if that read like I was critiquing you for not taking advise on the design. That wasn't my intention. I think you've done a great thing. I have spoke to you several times about your heads. I'd like to have a set. But got a killer deal on a set of e-heads already ported and set up. You've always been good to talk to and never made me feel like I was wasting your time on the phone.

Closed Thread