THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 10-23-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man View Post
Needs to be fed a good-sized knuckle sandwich.

Comments like that are very low-class and completely uncalled for. Having that attitude does nothing to further interest in the car hobby and can only serve to divide us at a this time when we really need to stick together as fellow old car enthusiasts.

Hard to imagine anyone involved with putting on a car show would think they could run their stupid pie hole like that clown did and expect to see the same or more participation their next show.
I am not big on car shows. I entered because the charity happens to be the same one my own car club is sponsoring this year. A lot of times we support a charity for more than one year in a row. If we sponsor this charity next year, I won't enter my car in this Chebby club's show. I'll just donate the registration to the charity directly through my own club's channel. I'll put my car on display and if asked why it's not registered, I'll glad tell the Chebbites why...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulabruce View Post
88 GTA is a sweet ride!! A friend has a 87 with digital dash... These are up and comming cars!!
Thanks! I have the analog dash, but the car is from Canada, so it's unique in its own right with the SI cluster. The digital dash is cool! I've only seen a few in person.

Old 10-23-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman View Post
I've had them both. I currently have a Camaro. I dont have it cause it is better than a different car. I have it cause I liked the way it looked so I bought it. When I get tired of it I'll get another car. Some people think it is cool to poke fun and that is what they are doing for the most part. But there are some out there that are real pricks. In my book, they are not car guys. They can say that they are all they want. A real car guy has a appreciation for all cars in one way or another.

Dont let that mentality bother you...... I was a diehard Mopar nut just because I liked them when nobody else did as I grew up in a mostly GM family...
when that "Corvette" mentality took over the Mopar scene I jumped out of it with both feet...
Now I own Chevrolets, Fords and even an AMC ,I still have a soft spot for Mopars but cant stand the stereotype that comes with them so I rarely drive them anymore,

when I do go to a cruise night I flat out refuse to park near the crowd of whatever I am driving as I Loath that mentality and wont be a part of any Clique... most brand specific folks dont like me simply because I refuse to follow that mentality and wont bash someones car just because it isnt what I like.....

now most of my friends are streetrod/custom guys and I like their mentality much better as they still appreciate it when they see me hacking a hole in the hood of a 396 Chevelle or an old R/T mopar for tunnelram clearance........

Old 10-23-2011, 02:25 PM
Suspended

Location: The Palomino Ranch in Tucson-where the real horsepower lives.

C an't
A merica
M ake
A
R eal
O ne

Putting Chevy motors in Pontiacs is for people too F'ing stupid to make a Pontiac run.

These two usually shut them down.

Old 10-23-2011, 02:38 PM
Suspended

Reminds me of “expert” Bill Stevens statement/comment on a Mecum Auction broadcast: “…the never very popular Firebird…”
WTF!!!??? Did he REALLY just say that!!?? Yes he did – wow!

Old 10-23-2011, 03:44 PM
Suspended

Default He did it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
Reminds me of “expert” Bill Stevens statement/comment on a Mecum Auction broadcast: “…the never very popular Firebird…”
WTF!!!??? Did he REALLY just say that!!?? Yes he did – wow!
This morning heard Bill Stevens comment during the rebroadcast of the Monterey Mecum Auction during the on-the-block viewing and bidding of the 1971 455 HO 4-spd T/A. Not a single good thing to say about this great Pontiac from him.

His comments: “I’ve put my order in for my 2011 Pontiac…I’m still waiting to hear back from the dealer but when I call all I get is voice mail...”

http://mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail...w=131&lottype=

STFU Bill Stevens!!! Pontiac hater!!!

Poor Chebby Boy, or is it from too much BLACK HAIR DYE?

More likely that He and his Rats must have been beaten to a pulp by whole tribes of Pontiacs over the years for him to be such a Pontiac Hater!

Old 10-23-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
This morning heard Bill Stevens comment during the rebroadcast of the Monterey Mecum Auction during the on-the-block viewing and bidding of the 1971 455 HO 4-spd T/A. Not a single good thing to say about this great Pontiac from him.

His comments: “I’ve put my order in for my 2011 Pontiac…I’m still waiting to hear back from the dealer but when I call all I get is voice mail...”

http://mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail...w=131&lottype=

STFU Bill Stevens!!! Pontiac hater!!!

Poor Chebby Boy, or is it from too much BLACK HAIR DYE?

More likely that He and his Rats must have been beaten to a pulp by whole tribes of Pontiacs over the years for him to be such a Pontiac Hater!
Holy crap. I think I would rearrange his face if I heard that crap spewed in person.

Old 10-23-2011, 04:27 PM

Ha Ha!! while reading through this thread I am shocked to see the hatred for Chevrolets ...... Umm last I knew they were also big part part of GM just like Pontiacs ...

Old 10-23-2011, 04:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiddencars View Post
Ha Ha!! while reading through this thread I am shocked to see the hatred for Chevrolets ...... Umm last I knew they were also big part part of GM just like Pontiacs ...
i dont think its as much hatred as it is jealousy
me,i,like one as much as the other

Old 10-23-2011, 04:55 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Would you go into a bar 500ft from Fenway wearing "pinstripes"?

Old 10-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Ultimate Warrior

not really sure how this analogy pertains to cars but ook

Old 10-23-2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Here's where I stand on that... I am a Pontiac man. If there had never been a Pontiac, based on my tastes, I probably would have been a Olds or Buick man. 442s and GS's are sweet! I like most year Camaros, and I think '69 Chevelles are awesome! I don't dislike Chevy in any way.

I just have issue with Chebby guys that disrespect Pontiac.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1WideTrak View Post
I just have issue with Chebby guys that disrespect Pontiac..
that type of person is everywhere,,they enjoy ragging just for the sake of ragging
be it cars,,people or whatever,,their just bad apples in the mix with the good
sometimes i think its just their way of getting attention

Old 10-23-2011, 05:30 PM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1WideTrak View Post
I just have issue with Chebby guys that disrespect Pontiac.
What has "Pontiac"done to earn their respect?

Old 10-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrabill View Post
C an't
A merica
M ake
A
R eal
O ne

Putting Chevy motors in Pontiacs is for people too F'ing stupid to make a Pontiac run.

These two usually shut them down.

Anyone remember this? He was mad when he opened the hood.LOL
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id...ireworks&hl=en

Old 10-23-2011, 05:39 PM
Suspended

The Bonneville i have has an Olds 403 in it.And a "disclaimer" on the window sticker about origin of the engine.I remember people going nuclear in dealership lots after they got home and found a Olds engine under the hood of their brand new T/A.

Old 10-23-2011, 07:33 PM

It's not everybody, or even a majority. I am a long time owner of a GTO, and a eight year owner of a SS Chevelle. My favorite divisions are (were) Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Buick and Chevrolet, in that order.
I have seen plenty of arrogance at GTO-AA meets, and at Chevellabration meets.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:38 PM

Some of those annoying tweak announcers really need some constructive feedback on their "humor" in the form of a good solid kick in the ass.

But you know, with that being said, this is a topic that just really bugs me.
All the constant Chevy bashing from the Pontiac guys. Talk about SDS...
Get over yourselves.

I'm the first guy to give somebody grief over putting a chevy motor in a Pontiac (well, maybe not first if Lenny C is walking around with me...), but as far as bashing the brand Chevrolet (you know- "Chevrolet" as in "Chevrolet, Mom, Baseball and Apple Pie"?)...
well- you're just fine with selling out your country driving and hyping your POS Toyota to everyone within earshot, but in your "highly esteemed" opinion, Chevrolet just sucks?
You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Chevrolet is called the Heartbeat of America for a reason.
It's an American institution- just like Pontiac.

I drive a Chevy every day- it's a 2002 Avalanche with 300K miles on it. That's right- all original drivetrain, never lets me down and never skips a beat.
Trouble free for 300K miles.
Looks nice, very comfortable, versatile, reliable, and I have no desire to replace it any time soon as my daily driver.

Before the flames start, I just want to say one thing:
For a bunch of Pontiac guys that hate Chevy so much, how come the one Pontiac car you covet most is a CHEVY ORANGE Judge? Never could figure that one out...

1965 GTO (Black) TRIPOWR
464CI TriPower 4-Speed

1965 GTO (Blue) 3X24SPD
464CI TriPower 4-Speed
Old 10-23-2011, 08:50 PM
Suspended

Default Same theme as this thread - Pontiac bashing @ shows by whom?

Quote:
Not so much Chevy haters; more like Anti-Pontiac spewing F rs hater.

I’ve owned several Chevrolets, and overall, they were good basic transportation. I can, and do, appreciate vehicles of any make and model.

My pet peeve is someone who gets paid for their running “expert” commentary about a make of model and they spew out BS, ala: Bill Stevens on Pontiac’s. Rat motored Chevy’s are the only thing that seem to rate with him. Especially if its in a Vette…then the gushing begins and is hard to stop. So be it…but I’m going to call him on it. I can and do appreciate, Rat motored Chevys.

I don’t appreciate his constant Pontiac bashing. Again, it seems more like an indicator that he’s had his a$$ handed to him many times by a superior running Pontiac on the track and on the streets. Perhaps it started while he was in a 409 Impala back in the day.

Last edited by Alvin; 10-23-2011 at 08:58 PM.
Old 10-23-2011, 08:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrabill View Post
The Bonneville i have has an Olds 403 in it.And a "disclaimer" on the window sticker about origin of the engine.I remember people going nuclear in dealership lots after they got home and found a Olds engine under the hood of their brand new T/A.
Imagine all the T/A owners who got that engine new ?

Bonneville owners probably were not as aware as T/A's would be more likely to be modifing the car later -

‘22 Toyota Sequoia V8
‘23 Lexus LS500 awd
‘95 Ford F-super duty 4wd 7.3 p-stroke
& countless Jeeps & off road vehicles.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallbeach View Post
IIt's not everybody, or even a majority.
as ive said and agree,,its just a small percentage that spews hatred,negativity and overall just being a jerk
they seem to get some kind of value boost on their normally boring life and dont limit their asinine comments to one area but everything they do and wherever they go to.
not just pontiacs,chevys,homes,hobbies and whatever else
oddly they think their negativity is wanted and interesting but mostly only in their own mind
its a waste of fresh air