THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 10-21-2011, 10:50 PM

Default Enduring Chebby Butts at carshows?

Last weekend I entered my '88 GTA in a car show along with two other Firebirds and some Camaros from my F-body club. The show was for all makes, but it was sponsored by a Chevy club. The host club's president(?) did all the talking over the PA system, and two or three times he referred to a guy with a gorgeous '67 326 Firebird saying, "He keeps pouring Miracle Grow on it hoping it'll turn into a Camaro."

About 5 minutes after I heard that stupid comment, someone I know pulled in with a late 80s IROC sporting a hood with '98-'02 Trans Am WS6 hood scoops. Well, if that ain't a Camaro hoping it'll turn into a Firebird...

Later on, and twice, when this guy called out the name of our F-body club, he either referred to it as "the Camaro club," or because one of our members brought a primered Nova, "the Camaro and Nova club."

I had decided if that jackass made any Firebird digs when any of us Birds collected our awards, I was going to embarrass him. Thankfully, he didn't. I was armed... 1. the Bandit never drove a Camaro. 2. when Knight Rider came back, the new Camaro looked so hideous, they had to use a Mustang instead.

Old 10-21-2011, 11:21 PM
Senior Chief

That would have been a Epic Burn Will have to remember that one

Michael Hughes Sr
1966 GTO Convertable: Stolen never recovered
1966 GTO Hard Top .30 over 455 4-Speed 3:23 Posi
Old 10-22-2011, 06:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

chevy guys have ***** envy.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

They have "bottom of the GM barrel" complex.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Some of them are just ignorant that way. You should also tell him that were it not for a Pontiac engineer, the smallblock Chevy with overhead valves wouldn't have happened, and it was Pontiac stylists who started on the 1st gen. Firebird design FIRST, with Chevrolet taking it and tweaking it for the 1st gen. Camaro.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The Pontiac arrowhead can stop the heartbeat

Or

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 10-22-2011, 10:43 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I like the............"Ooooooo big block" over heard at local car show from a couple of guys looking at my 326.

Shawn

"Don't let fatigue make a coward of you."
Old 10-22-2011, 11:49 AM

Nice replies!

Old 10-22-2011, 12:23 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn e. View Post
I like the............"Ooooooo big block" over heard at local car show from a couple of guys looking at my 326.

Shawn
That always kills me.

Old 10-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Question

I'm a Ford guy as well; plenty of them don't slam the old Pontiacs and seem to like them. Pretty sad that the Ford crowd & Pontiac guys seem to get along much better considering Chevy is a cousin or distant family member of Pontiac -

‘22 Toyota Sequoia V8
‘23 Lexus LS500 awd
‘95 Ford F-super duty 4wd 7.3 p-stroke
& countless Jeeps & off road vehicles.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:54 PM

Brad, I find most Ford and Mopa guys like Pontiacs also.
Most Chevy guys seem to have short dick sydrome.

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 10-22-2011, 12:55 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I like that Mike S.D.S.

Shawn

"Don't let fatigue make a coward of you."
Old 10-22-2011, 01:42 PM

Thumbs down

Needs to be fed a good-sized knuckle sandwich.

Comments like that are very low-class and completely uncalled for. Having that attitude does nothing to further interest in the car hobby and can only serve to divide us at a this time when we really need to stick together as fellow old car enthusiasts.

Hard to imagine anyone involved with putting on a car show would think they could run their stupid pie hole like that clown did and expect to see the same or more participation their next show.

Old 10-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

I saw chevy as the first step to learning about cars. At the time with all the magazines it was easy to find stuff out and kind of appear to know what your talking about. But once you develope respect for design and style you move on to the other makes and models. Some people just seem to think they need to be loyal to their brand. If I like something, I like it, it doesn't matter who makes it.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:22 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 455Grandville View Post
Pretty sad that the Ford crowd & Pontiac guys seem to get along much better considering Chevy is a cousin or distant family member of Pontiac -
It's true in my experience too. The Ford and Mopar guys I've met respect Pontiacs quite a bit aside from the occasional good-nature ribbing about it not being their brand. Seems like every "Chevy only" fan I've met has been a huge jerk about anything that isn't the hallowed SBC 350 or a 383 stroker motor. Part of the reason why I can't stand Corvettes or 90% of their owners.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:06 PM

The difference between a Chevrolet and a porqupine.

The porqupine has the pricks on the outside......John

Old 10-22-2011, 09:09 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike nixon View Post
Brad, I find most Ford and Mopa guys like Pontiacs also.
Most Chevy guys seem to have short dick sydrome.
I have owned, driven and raced Pontiacs for most of my life and have heard all the so called "best" Pontiac digs, jokes, and slights, especially do you know what PONTIAC stands for? I probably have heard the majority of barbs from the poor misguided chevy boys, but I have heard plenty from other brand loyalists too. The first T shirts I did were the "Real Indians Don't Wear Bowties" shirts, those shirts did well so I was asked what about the other brands that harass us? The Immortal Indian shirt was next and it gives it to the Mopar, Ford, and chevy crowd and has sold hundreds of shirts so there is obviously some Pontiac fans that get harassed from camps other than chevy. If there wasn't a demand the shirts wouldn't have sold well. There is a definite market for these shirts among us and therein is the reason I have sold thousands of Pontiac T shirts.

I had a Mopar guy that liked my Dirty Harry "Do you feel lucky" GTO shirt so well at one show he wanted me to make some Mopar shirts so he could have some. I told him I have no interest in making shirts for other brands so he bought one of my shirts so he could have a local shop use my idea on a mopar shirt for himself.

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 10-22-2011, 10:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

88 GTA is a sweet ride!! A friend has a 87 with digital dash... These are up and comming cars!!

Old 10-23-2011, 09:20 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I've had them both. I currently have a Camaro. I dont have it cause it is better than a different car. I have it cause I liked the way it looked so I bought it. When I get tired of it I'll get another car. Some people think it is cool to poke fun and that is what they are doing for the most part. But there are some out there that are real pricks. In my book, they are not car guys. They can say that they are all they want. A real car guy has a appreciation for all cars in one way or another.

Check out my sons blog, www.driftundertheradar.com

Old 10-23-2011, 10:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

69 T/A Convertible "Tribute car" was at a recent car show. It looked super. Never got even a mention. Oh but the 69 302 Z got best F-body, and was allowed to leave early.

Show catagories were pathetic: Mustangs, Thunderbirds, pre-50 Fords, 61-69 Fords, 70-80 Fords,81-never Fords, similar treatment for Chevy classes, Corvette classes, and....no Pontiac-specific class.

There was a 70 Stage I Buick Riviera in concourse condition ( or better with great original colors) that did not get a trophy.