THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 10-23-2011, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3X24SPD View Post
Some of those annoying tweak announcers really need some constructive feedback on their "humor" in the form of a good solid kick in the ass.

But you know, with that being said, this is a topic that just really bugs me.
All the constant Chevy bashing from the Pontiac guys. Talk about SDS...
Get over yourselves.

I'm the first guy to give somebody grief over putting a chevy motor in a Pontiac (well, maybe not first if Lenny C is walking around with me...), but as far as bashing the brand Chevrolet (you know- "Chevrolet" as in "Chevrolet, Mom, Baseball and Apple Pie"?)...
well- you're just fine with selling out your country driving and hyping your POS Toyota to everyone within earshot, but in your "highly esteemed" opinion, Chevrolet just sucks?
You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Chevrolet is called the Heartbeat of America for a reason.
It's an American institution- just like Pontiac.

I drive a Chevy every day- it's a 2002 Avalanche with 300K miles on it. That's right- all original drivetrain, never lets me down and never skips a beat.
Trouble free for 300K miles.
Looks nice, very comfortable, versatile, reliable, and I have no desire to replace it any time soon as my daily driver.

Before the flames start, I just want to say one thing:
For a bunch of Pontiac guys that hate Chevy so much, how come the one Pontiac car you covet most is a CHEVY ORANGE Judge? Never could figure that one out...

Well said!!! when people ask me what Brand I like I usually tell them I am a Mopar guy that grew up in a GM Family that wont be caught dead in anything other than a Ford truck .. usually confuses the hell out of them for a minute......

if its foriegn you will never find it in my driveway unless its on the back of one of my car carriers heading for the scrapyard (german /Italian cars excluded)...........

Old 10-23-2011, 09:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have been doing shows and criuses for years so my car is fairly well know around here.

I can say that i have never heard any 'Pontiac bashing' at any shows. But i have had a few tell me that they think its sad that GM discontinued Pontiac.

68-69 Camaros are the most popular at shows by far, followed by newer 'Stangs.

There are very few Pontiacs here,maybe one or two besides mine.
But there are quite a few 'musclecar experts' that think they need to impress me with how much they 'think' they know about every musclecar ever made.

Old 10-23-2011, 10:11 PM
Suspended

Location: The Palomino Ranch in Tucson-where the real horsepower lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3X24SPD View Post
Some of those annoying tweak announcers really need some constructive feedback on their "humor" in the form of a good solid kick in the ass.

But you know, with that being said, this is a topic that just really bugs me.
All the constant Chevy bashing from the Pontiac guys. Talk about SDS...
Get over yourselves.

I'm the first guy to give somebody grief over putting a chevy motor in a Pontiac (well, maybe not first if Lenny C is walking around with me...), but as far as bashing the brand Chevrolet (you know- "Chevrolet" as in "Chevrolet, Mom, Baseball and Apple Pie"?)...
well- you're just fine with selling out your country driving and hyping your POS Toyota to everyone within earshot, but in your "highly esteemed" opinion, Chevrolet just sucks?
You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

Chevrolet is called the Heartbeat of America for a reason.
It's an American institution- just like Pontiac.

I drive a Chevy every day- it's a 2002 Avalanche with 300K miles on it. That's right- all original drivetrain, never lets me down and never skips a beat.
Trouble free for 300K miles.
Looks nice, very comfortable, versatile, reliable, and I have no desire to replace it any time soon as my daily driver.

Before the flames start, I just want to say one thing:
For a bunch of Pontiac guys that hate Chevy so much, how come the one Pontiac car you covet most is a CHEVY ORANGE Judge? Never could figure that one out...
You're wrong.

Old 10-23-2011, 11:14 PM
Ultimate Warrior

This is my take on the Pontiac owner that is sick to death of hearing how inferior Pontiacs are if my opinions rub you the wrong way, I hate it for ya:

The best way too shut up anyone putting down a Pontiac is flat out beat them fair and square, nothing says it better. Then you'll hear a barrage of excuses as to why they lost, "when the green flag drops the BS stops.

I own a K3500 with the 6.5 Detroit turbo diesel engine in it so I drive a chevy that doesn't have a chevy engine in it. I own an F700 dump truck and an IH 1600 wrecker with a NA 7.3 diesel in it. Pontiac never made anything that would fill those areas so I bought a vehicle that did. I however don't come on this board and tell about the virtues of my off brand trucks. I however do not own any automobiles that don't have an arrowhead on them, I don't drive a toyota, nissan, VW, ford, chevy, dodge or any other brand car for my transportation purposes and have owned over 60 Pontiacs and don't profess to be a Pontiac man and drive something else daily.

There's a thread on here that is entitled "toyota is still champ", why is that on a supposed Pontiac board? Sorry I'm not interested in anything on my hobby board that doesn't concern Pontiacs. If you wanna tell about the virtues of your (insert other brand here) go to a board that has people that appreciate that brand.

I've worked in many brands of dealerships during my time as a mechanic and have worked on most anything with wheels on it, and I have found that Pontiac owners have always been fiercely loyal to their brand, more so than any other brand I have ever encountered. If that's a bad thing and some people on here think that should change and be watered down that's your opinion. The people that are somewhat fanatical about the car they drive are Pontiac owners and that's fine with me.

To have a bunch of owners and racers that remain loyal to the brand 30 years after they quit producing a V8 engine and even after government motors axed the brand makes a huge statement about what the average Pontiac owner is all about. 2 aftermarket blocks with more planned in the future, I've lost track about how many aftermarket cylinder head choices we have, this was all done by people that are fiercely brand loyal and are the core of this hobby, they live by the motto "Doing the impossible is always harder, but it's also much more rewarding too"!

I guess to be PC PY should have a disclaimer for chevy and other owners, Don't enter if you get your feelings hurt easily, I'm not big on being PC though....

1984 Grand Prix

100% Pontiacs in my driveway!!! What's in your driveway?

If you don't take some of the RACETRACK home with you, Ya got cheated

Old 10-23-2011, 11:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

How to keep show participants happy:

My local all-make car club sponsors a cruise night on the first Friday of the month that has been very well received and is still growing. Right now we draw about 230 cars every month not counting our club cars. About 30 cars every month are new to the cruise. Our area has so many competing shows that it's very difficult to survive, but we have prospered. Several things have led to the great success of our cruise nights:

~The permanent DJ/announcer keeps things light and entertaining
~Our club cars are ineligible for winning any trophies
~Family oriented with games going on for the kids for most of the night - most of the spectators are complete families out for an inexpensive night.
~Different themes for each month
~About 40 trophies a month are given out
~No entry fee

We have already donated $4,000 to different local charities so far this year, and the amount will probably just top $5,000 before the year is out. All this without any entry fees. People seem to take the money they would have spent on their entry and buy raffle tickets and 50/50 tickets. The trophies are paid for by local businesses that sponsor a trophy each month for the complete year. The DJ announces what business is sponsoring that trophy, and the business names are also on each one. I guess it's just luck that the new entries usually win a trophy, and the cars that didn't win last month will probably win this month.

We've received nothing but positive comments about keeping our club cars out of the competition. We hear all the horror stories about other clubs passing out all the trophies to their own people.

Our club website also shows pictures of some of the winners every month.

Last edited by lust4speed; 10-23-2011 at 11:27 PM.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:29 AM
Suspended

Default Canadian Pontiacs

The Canadian Pontiac guys I know have a healthy balance of appreciation of Pontiac’s and Chevrolets.
Many own both Pontiac and Chevy engined Pontiacs. No doubt acceptance is partly due to sales and marketing there of Canadian Pontiacs with Chevy motors such as Parisiennes, Laurentians, StratoChiefs, Beaumonts, Acadians, etc. And their clubs embrace them all on the same level.

Old 10-24-2011, 06:43 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirrotica View Post
This is my take on the Pontiac owner that is sick to death of hearing how inferior Pontiacs are if my opinions rub you the wrong way, I hate it for ya:

The best way too shut up anyone putting down a Pontiac is flat out beat them fair and square, nothing says it better. Then you'll hear a barrage of excuses as to why they lost, "when the green flag drops the BS stops.

I own a K3500 with the 6.5 Detroit turbo diesel engine in it so I drive a chevy that doesn't have a chevy engine in it. I own an F700 dump truck and an IH 1600 wrecker with a NA 7.3 diesel in it. Pontiac never made anything that would fill those areas so I bought a vehicle that did. I however don't come on this board and tell about the virtues of my off brand trucks. I however do not own any automobiles that don't have an arrowhead on them, I don't drive a toyota, nissan, VW, ford, chevy, dodge or any other brand car for my transportation purposes and have owned over 60 Pontiacs and don't profess to be a Pontiac man and drive something else daily.

There's a thread on here that is entitled "toyota is still champ", why is that on a supposed Pontiac board? Sorry I'm not interested in anything on my hobby board that doesn't concern Pontiacs. If you wanna tell about the virtues of your (insert other brand here) go to a board that has people that appreciate that brand.

I've worked in many brands of dealerships during my time as a mechanic and have worked on most anything with wheels on it, and I have found that Pontiac owners have always been fiercely loyal to their brand, more so than any other brand I have ever encountered. If that's a bad thing and some people on here think that should change and be watered down that's your opinion. The people that are somewhat fanatical about the car they drive are Pontiac owners and that's fine with me.

To have a bunch of owners and racers that remain loyal to the brand 30 years after they quit producing a V8 engine and even after government motors axed the brand makes a huge statement about what the average Pontiac owner is all about. 2 aftermarket blocks with more planned in the future, I've lost track about how many aftermarket cylinder head choices we have, this was all done by people that are fiercely brand loyal and are the core of this hobby, they live by the motto "Doing the impossible is always harder, but it's also much more rewarding too"!

I guess to be PC PY should have a disclaimer for chevy and other owners, Don't enter if you get your feelings hurt easily, I'm not big on being PC though....
Very, very well said.

Old 10-24-2011, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
The Canadian Pontiac guys I know have a healthy balance of appreciation of Pontiac’s and Chevrolets.
Many own both Pontiac and Chevy engined Pontiacs. No doubt acceptance is partly due to sales and marketing there of Canadian Pontiacs with Chevy motors such as Parisiennes, Laurentians, StratoChiefs, Beaumonts, Acadians, etc. And their clubs embrace them all on the same level.
This is true. My '58 Parisienne has a small-block chev in it...always has. That being said, I do like Pontiac motors better, but that's the way the car came. I have had a couple of the "Why the hell did you put a chevy motor in it?" comments..I just tell them I didn't, Pontiac did.