THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:15 PM

Default 1963 Pontiac Bonneville Craigslist Scam

I ran across one of those great deals on craigslist for a 1963 Pontiac Bonneville. Well, this car is all over craigslist and the emails confirmed it. The husband died and the lady just moved to Canada (with the car). Second email was a detailed outline of how it's to be paid through ebay and will be shipped free to anywhere in the US. All this for only
$ 3,977

Old 09-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Always seems to be a few year or two year old cars on there that might pull $10-15K on a dealer lot that are priced at $3,977 or some goofy numer. Seems their M-O is big p[ics that show the car in showroom condition, too.I wonder how many people fall for it.

‘22 Toyota Sequoia V8
‘23 Lexus LS500 awd
‘95 Ford F-super duty 4wd 7.3 p-stroke
& countless Jeeps & off road vehicles.
Old 09-28-2010, 09:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to 1966goat Send a message via Skype™ to 1966goat

I saw that recently with a newer camaro that should be worth 9K, but they were asking 3K. After emailing the owner, she gave me this whole story about it being her son's car who died, but they wanted to use very funky means in order to receive payment and let me see the car.

461ci, Edelbrock 72cc heads, KB 15cc dished pistons, comp xe274, PRW 1.5 roller rockers, Performer RPM intake, Holley 80508 750cfm, RARE oversized manifolds, Pypes X-pipe Exhaust
Old 09-29-2010, 09:37 PM

The story continues......today, I got an email from this scammer stating that she can't talk on the phone (doctor's orders)due to an accident from a food processor that has hurt her throat.
So, I emailed back a get well note and said I'd be flying from NC to Canada next week and wanted to see the car.
I can't wait to see how they respond. I should send her some monopoly money and see if that'll get me the car....

Old 09-29-2010, 09:50 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlemac View Post
she can't talk on the phone (doctor's orders)due to an accident from a food processor that has hurt her throat.
You have to give the scammer some points for having the imagination to come up with that story.