Old 01-19-2014, 10:40 AM

Default 1968 Restored "Mayfair Maze" GTO FS/FT

I'm asking $19500 for a frame on restored 68 GTO. Its a hideaway headlight car but that set up is long gone. The way I purchased the car it has a LeMans chrome nose on it. Was stripped primmered and was painted the same color as the car! Looks amazing to me and fits a lot better. But this car has $10k in parts on the car or comes with the car from AMES performance. It only needs a dash pad,seat recoverd,carpet ,headliner,finish assembly and drive. Its not #'s matching but has a 400/400 out of a Catalina. Its a 4 barrel 400 and yes it will scream. I have PHS documents on the car. I don't want to give a huge spill,but I'm getting rid of the car because the guy that was restoring the car screwed me over so badly. I just want to move on past this build. My interior isn't done because it was stolen! But anyway I'd rather sell to a Pontiac enthusiast,and let them enjoy. I can't get motivated to finish when people do you this way! I am also taking trade + cash. I'm looking for JUDGES,RA III IV or convertible. Really looking for something rare to build and then I'm done for a while. I also have a 68 Tempest ohc6 that was frame on restored also. I may trade 2 for 1 if your car is in amazing shape or Super RARE. I am a huge trader and a respectable Pontiac enthusiast. So I'm reasonable on the price and trades.

Old 01-19-2014, 12:56 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Is the tempest also for sale. Can you give any details?

Old 01-21-2014, 06:08 PM

Yes the Tempest is for sale and I'm posting it on eBay tonight for $12500 obo. It is a frame on restoration. Has 64000 miles and needed no floor or trunk pan work very solid car. I can email more pics and info if your interested.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

What color interior did it come with?

Old 01-21-2014, 06:45 PM

The interior is and came factory black.

The Following User Says Thank You to mgreen0104 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2014, 08:26 AM

I'm asking $16500 for a frame on restored 68 GTO. Its a hideaway headlight car but that set up is long gone. The way I purchased the car it has a LeMans chrome nose on it. Was stripped primmered and was painted the same color as the car! Looks amazing to me and fits a lot better. But this car has $10k in parts on the car or comes with the car from AMES performance. It only needs a dash pad,seat recoverd,carpet ,headliner,finish assembly and drive. Its not #'s matching but has a 400/400 out of a Catalina. Its a 4 barrel 400 and yes it will scream. I have PHS documents on the car. I don't want to give a huge spill,but I'm getting rid of the car because the guy that was restoring the car screwed me over so badly. I just want to move on past this build. My interior isn't done because it was stolen! But anyway I'd rather sell to a Pontiac enthusiast,and let them enjoy. I can't get motivated to finish when people do you this way! I am also taking trade + cash. I'm looking for JUDGES,RA III IV or convertible. Really looking for something rare to build and then I'm done for a while. I also have a 68 Tempest ohc6 that was frame on restored also. I may trade 2 for 1 if your car is in amazing shape or Super RARE. I am a huge trader and a respectable Pontiac enthusiast. So I'm reasonable on the price and trades.

Old 02-05-2014, 08:58 AM

If anyone is still interested I still have the GOAT for sale. I think its a steal at my asking price. Trying to move it so I can finish my two H.O. cars! But people don't let the price bother you or fool you. This is a great car. That needs little work to be complete.

Old 02-05-2014, 01:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Some good photos would probably pique interest a bit more. We can only imagine what it looks like.
By the way, I see you are in Attalla. I was born and raised in Jacksonville.

Old 05-23-2014, 08:12 AM

Default Price drop $13,500

Need to sell my 68 GTO . I have $10 k in parts after some parts were stolen I'm just ready to move on!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	226
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	364542