Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 12-25-2022, 01:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturrbo406 View Post
… why don’t you stop beating around the bush Paul and just say what’s on your mind?? …
You said around 90 HP gain.... I think closer to 30 HP. I perfer facts over fairy tales.

Old 12-25-2022, 01:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
… ok, so I guess you smoke a lot of weed on Christmas, good to know … ������
Smoking weed and you've been corrected several times over YOUR "mis-facts" and "everything else being the same"..... Weed and fairy tales!

Flat tops and 58cc chambers equal 11:1 compression... Lol

Last edited by PAUL K; 12-25-2022 at 01:41 PM.
Old 12-25-2022, 01:37 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
… c’mon Paul, I know you’ve heard of Tin Indian Performance, maybe you’re just playing dumb who knows …
Not dumb, evidently communicating with someone who is. His name is Kevin Swaney. He races a light weight dragster... That might explain why he would think this camshaft was a good fit.... You are welcome.

Old 12-25-2022, 03:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Weiss View Post
LMFAO

Even if that is a typeo and you meant 110 MPH or 109 MPH I still call BS.

Now if the 119 MPH is your 1/4 mile number? That would be around 98 MPH @ 1/8 mile.

Stan
What is wrong with you Stan, there is no need for that. Like I would actually "lie" about what my car runs and what I have done with it.
Of course its a 1/4 mile MPH number. I am a 1/4 mile racer, never raced a 1/8 mile race in my life. I only know the 1/8 mile stuff since we got the equipment to give us all the info a few years back.
I heard they just got another big upgrade in timing equipment this off-season.
Currently fighting to keep Samoa a 1/4 mile track as there are some tards who want to make it a 1/8 mile track.

Old 12-25-2022, 03:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
… but yet you comment on a lot of Dyno threads like you know what you’re talking about don’t you 🤣🤣 …
I even started a thread about CV-1s vs High Ports if you remember. I like to race and talk about Pontiac engine tech.
Particularity Pontiac pump gas stuff and max effort NA race builds. Its fun and interesting, don't you think ?

The Following User Says Thank You to Dragncar For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2022, 04:11 PM
Senior Chief

I see twinturrbo406 hasn't changed. Everybody is stupid and he is a genius. What a man You go girl LOL

Blown 4cyl's to the front
The Following User Says Thank You to Rusty4cyl For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2022, 04:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowbird View Post
Stan, not sure I agree with you numbers, we have ran 119mph with my brothers car and 1/8 was 95-96
Brian,
The 98 MPH was just a guess. Maybe I misunderstood what Dragncar was saying. I took it to mean his 461 High Port engine was not to far off of the 505. I was pointing out that 98 MPH (or less) is a good amount of HP from a 107.9 MPH

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 12-25-2022, 04:28 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
… the mph is though isn’t it Brian ? …
… rings are exactly the same, which I’ve answered already btw …
… he has 1.7’s now but I’ll ask Mike what he had with the HP’s 👍🏻 …
Sorry I missed where you said rings were the same. 107mph has 9sec potential but it isn't a given. That's 130-131mph

Old 12-25-2022, 04:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Brian,
The 98 MPH was just a guess. Maybe I misunderstood what Dragncar was saying. I took it to mean his 461 High Port engine was not to far off of the 505. I was pointing out that 98 MPH (or less) is a good amount of HP from a 107.9 MPH

Stan
Guess he needs to clarify, I took it as he was referring to his HO headed 455. But things are getting confusing.

Old 12-25-2022, 04:44 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Sorry I missed where you said rings were the same. 107mph has 9sec potential but it isn't a given. That's 130-131mph
He also said it has flat top, dished pistons with a dome or something like that .... Take it with a grain of salt.

Old 12-25-2022, 04:56 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Brian,
When I did a simulation the other day I came up with around 10.15 et.

Stan

David Vizard & Stan Weiss' IOP / Flow / Induction Optimization - Cam Selection Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV
Download FREE 14 Trial IOP / Flow Software
http://www.magneticlynx.com/DV/Flow_..._Day_Trial.php
Pontiac Pump Gas List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_gas.htm
Using PMD Block and Heads List
http://www.magneticlynx.com/carfor/pont_pmd.htm
Old 12-25-2022, 05:21 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Brian,
When I did a simulation the other day I came up with around 10.15 et.

Stan
That about what I figured, mid teens

Old 12-25-2022, 05:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Brian,

Stan
Slowbird had it right, the 455 HO. The old worn out TRW 455 with no trick anything, cr@p rings, no V pump, stock oil pan with no scrapper JUNK was within .18 of that 505. 505 runs better now.
The 461 has not even been fired up yet and I am telling you right now, I will beat that 6.74.

Old 12-25-2022, 05:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAUL K View Post
Not dumb, evidently communicating with someone who is. His name is Kevin Swaney. He races a light weight dragster... That might explain why he would think this camshaft was a good fit.... You are welcome.
I’m not in this fight but I had a feeling he was getting the name wrong. I bought my bare highports from many Kevin years ago. He seems like a really nice guy over the phone. I just ordered a billet remote oil adapter from him a couple months ago. Hate to see people get their names dragged into nonsense.

Spotts Built 484" IA2, Highports, EFI Northwind
Terminator X sequential EFI fabrication and suspension by
https://www.funkhouserracecars.com/
Old 12-25-2022, 06:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
… there’s that CV hatred we’ve been waiting for ���� …
… .727/.676 is a fire breathing cam to you ?? ���� …
…the pistons were weight matched, but hey keep making more assumptions…
… you’re throwing shade at a 9 second car and your car runs what ?? … ����
… you couldn’t build a Pontiac that makes 1000hp if someone gave it you ���� …
… but yet DragnCar knows all, let us bow our heads at your intelligence sir ���� …
… please continue ���� …
...Where is the CV hate Bill ? Is it my head of choice, no but its a free country and people can run what they want.
Could he have got his original combo to run better, sure. (ditch the Northwind, better cam for starters)
...I was throwing shade at what was dialed up for him because my like weight stock iron head garbage was within .18. Obviously Mike had a problem with it all since he spent a lot more money to run your stuff.
......I couldn't build a 1000HP engine if someone gave it too me ? 2 builds going on right now, planning my 3rd. Thinking 435 in a 455 block and am kicking myself for selling the 2 forged cranks I had. 461 700ish HP stroker is done. And I have everything I need to build a 900-1000 HP Pontiac including a top end that has made 965.
Too much for my bracket race ride so I am thinking around a 850 HP goal and live with it. Might even sell the E head top end and do it with the High Ports after more head-intake porting.
Work the HO heads further and put them on the 461 and shoot for 10.50 , a 9-1 iron headed stock block deal. I think it would be a nice accomplishment don,t you ?
.. I do not know all and there a lots of people here who know more. Just know enough not to run a cam that big in a car that heavy, its crazy IMO.
You know, there are E headed 505-540s running around with 800-850 HP with smaller cams, easy these days.
Pontiacs baby !

Old 12-25-2022, 06:45 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by R 70 Judge View Post
I’m not in this fight but I had a feeling he was getting the name wrong. I bought my bare highports from many Kevin years ago. He seems like a really nice guy over the phone. I just ordered a billet remote oil adapter from him a couple months ago. Hate to see people get their names dragged into nonsense.
I'm not in this fight either. Bill feels he is a very smart person, he told me so himself. When he seemed to indicate that Kevin Sweeney was a smart guy, I was curious who Kevin Sweeney is. One would think a person of Bill's self proclaimed intelligence, it wouldn't take four inquiries to find out whom he was talking about. One might also think, a guy that has Bill's integrity and "want" to get a story straight, he would actually know the guys name.

I've seen some parts Tin Indian sells and they are nice. I also am aware that he races a light dragster and that may be where he had success using the cam he apparently recomended for the gentlman with the GTO, this thread is discussing. It looks like a very cool car. I like the painted heads and intake manifold. It's a very fast pump gas car regardless of the heads or camshaft he is using. We need all the cars we can get representing the Pontiac faithful. I'm sure he can put a smack down on most LS swap Pontiacs.

Old 12-25-2022, 07:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
You said around 90 HP gain.... I think closer to 30 HP. I perfer facts over fairy tales.
… 30hp for 3 tenths in the 1/8 ??? Really ??

… oh and I miss spelled Kevin’s last name, it’s Swaney I believe �� … durrrrrr ��������

Old 12-25-2022, 07:08 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
I'm not in this fight either. Bill feels he is a very smart person, he told me so himself. When he seemed to indicate that Kevin Sweeney was a smart guy, I was curious who Kevin Sweeney is. One would think a person of Bill's self proclaimed intelligence, it wouldn't take four inquiries to find out whom he was talking about. One might also think, a guy that has Bill's integrity and "want" to get a story straight, he would actually know the guys name.

I've seen some parts Tin Indian sells and they are nice. I also am aware that he races a light dragster and that may be where he had success using the cam he apparently recomended for the gentlman with the GTO, this thread is discussing. It looks like a very cool car. I like the painted heads and intake manifold. It's a very fast pump gas car regardless of the heads or camshaft he is using. We need all the cars we can get representing the Pontiac faithful. I'm sure he can put a smack down on most LS swap Pontiacs.
… Wrong genius, actually you’re in every single CV-1 thread ever posted, so keep living your fairy tale 👍🏻 …

Old 12-25-2022, 07:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
He also said it has flat top, dished pistons with a dome or something like that .... Take it with a grain of salt.
… stop it Paul, we’ve been over that already, jeez you act like one of these ding dongs on CNN 🤣🤣🤣 …

Old 12-25-2022, 07:13 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by R 70 Judge View Post
… honestly I spelled it the way Mike spoke it to me, and to be clear I’ve never stated my opinion about Kevin either way, I simply asked a question and that’s where Paul went with it 👍🏻 …