Old 01-30-2011, 08:57 PM

Default 66 catalina floor pans

will the impala floor pans fit the catalina ? will the rear seat floor and the pan behind the rear seat fit ? on the rear window to trunk pan , is the gutter for the seal under the trunk lid on it ? just seein what my options are .

Old 01-30-2011, 09:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

maybe...was your '66 built in Canada by any chance?

Old 01-31-2011, 11:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

New catalog from OPG lists pans, assume they must interchange with Chevy, can't believe someone would tool them just for us darksiders!

Old 01-31-2011, 12:19 PM
Ultimate Warrior

PY has had floor pans for big cars in their catalog for years now. Trunk pans are a different matter.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:48 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Wish we could get those Sweedish guys to do a Catalina GP trunk pan

Classic2Current does one now, have yet to go look at it tho.

Old 02-01-2011, 10:29 AM

I have an excellent floor pan taken from a Georgia car, a 66 Starchief Executive 4 door sedan I am parting out. If interested I can post some pictures for you. I am in Michigan so we are some miles apart. Bryce

Old 02-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Ultimate Warrior

AFAIK, my pans are quite good... the trunk, though, is the typical GM crackerjack box seal and has a pinholed floor.

If you have an original GM trunk floor, I'm a buyer.

Frank's has a beautiful '66 Ventura body that looks like new money, but wants to sell the whole thing and not cut it up which is a noble darkside thought... but... I'm drooling on that trunk floor!

BOB

Old 02-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Ultimate Warrior

New OPG catalog has the complete trunk pan! Since mine are like Fred Flintstones floors I can't tell, can anyone say for sure if it looks correct. Does the under seat section and trunk pans have a gap that will need to be filled , or do they butt together?? What is the going rate for a trunk pan install, nothing left to remove.....Thanks Dave

Old 02-04-2023, 10:53 PM

Rekindling this flame because I recently bought a 66 Catalina station wagon and OPG has discontinued the Catalina pans and judging by pictures it seems a 4 door impala front floor pan would fit my catalina, and they also seem a pinch cheaper. I searched some old threads on here and it seems people are commenting that they do fit, but just curious on actual experiences.

Just bought my first 66 Catalina wagon and needing to replace the front LH pan and possibly the RH front as well. Ready to get it on the road!

Last edited by kpbrown31; 02-04-2023 at 11:12 PM.
Old 04-17-2023, 01:38 PM

Following up...I cut the floor pan out of a 66 Impala sedan and it welded into my 66 Catalina station wagon just fine. I only did the front LH pan and transmission tunnel, but I would assume the rear would fit fine too.