THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 12:36 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Unhappy Duck Dynasty dad suspended

Duck Dynasty dad-Phil suspended following anti-gay remarks.

Old 12-19-2013, 12:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The homosexual mafia strikes again.

‘22 Toyota Sequoia V8
‘23 Lexus LS500 awd
‘95 Ford F-super duty 4wd 7.3 p-stroke
& countless Jeeps & off road vehicles.
Old 12-19-2013, 12:50 AM

Send a message via AIM to kylek350

I will never defend someone's hateful comments, but I find it extremely ironic that intolerance is so popularly met with intolerance these days. All it takes is one out-of-context statement or joke in poor taste to surface and ruin someone's career. That isn't demonstrating the virtue of tolerance; that's vengeance and no better to me than the original offense.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kylek350 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2013, 01:08 AM

I just added A&E to my list of TV networks I refuse to watch
Damn !! I be running out of channels to watch
Oh well.....they suck for the most part anyways.

Bill

The Following User Says Thank You to mudslinger For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2013, 02:51 AM
Senior Chief

Thumbs up My prediction:

I'll predict that the Dynasty folks are ready to move forward beyond their little A&E show-thing. A&E's caving to the homosexual crowd may be the impetus they need.

Movies, TV specials, comedy guest appearances, bar mitzvahs, sweet sixteen partys - whatever. The goofy Robertsons are now well-known, branded merchandise - a proven commodity with a HUGE following.

I'll admit that I've NEVER watched Duck Dynasty because we don't do cable TV. So I can't boycott A&E, unfortunately.

And I'll have to say that I agree with Phil's comments from the interview about homosexuality being a sin. COMPLETELY.

After all, God didn't create Adam and Steve. The Bible is REALLY clear on the subject.......how does "an abomination" sound to you?

I remain hetero-sexually normal and would quesstimate that an overwhelming majority of those who frequent this board are the same.

With the probable exception of the eye-damaging BIKER FOX FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAK.

Old 12-19-2013, 03:07 AM

LOL so someone "famous" for being on a staged reality show says something controversial, and people are surprized that there are consequences?? I can't believe anyone watches that crap as it is, and any "actor" that can be replaced with a 3-line Craigslist ad in 45-minutes better keep it squeaky-clean at all times!

The Following User Says Thank You to MattB78 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2013, 03:15 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The guy voiced his opinion....just like the queers voicing their opinion... It seems the PC police live by a double standard. I take offense to queers flaunting their beliefs....just like they take offense to "normal" people flaunting their beliefs.

What disgusts me is they are teaching/pushing homosexuality on young children in school.... I find that wrong. If I had a child in school.... I'd be flipping out...

Political correctness...is biological incorrectness...

If the above post offends anybody.... I really don't give a s***...

1973 Formula SD455 - #'s auto orig paint
1972 Trans Am - 4 speed orig paint
1974 Formula 400 - Ram Air automatic
1966 2+2 convertible - 421 4bbl automatic
1967 Grand Prix - 4 speed orig paint
1967 GTO - 4 speed orig paint 35k orig miles
Old 12-19-2013, 03:19 AM
Ultimate Warrior

They were millionaires before the show, they hardly need A&E to make their lives worth living. He was asked a question in an interview, he answered honestly, he pays the price. That's what our country is about these days. Image trumps honesty every time. If they leave A&E, it will cost the network many millions of dollars. It's been the number one show on cable for quite some time now.

I don't think Phil gives a hoot what A&E or the PC masses think of him.

They have been doing videos and selling their products long before A&E "discovered" them.

Those so inclined show go here: feedbackaetv@aenetworks.com

and let their feeling be known. It works both ways... and network that places their eggs in one basket is as fragile as an actor that can be replaced with a CL ad.
JohnnyB

Old 12-19-2013, 03:27 AM

everybodys so thin skined today we need a modern day archie bunker and fred sanford too lol

original ca car
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 65blackplate For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2013, 05:25 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylek350 View Post
I will never defend someone's hateful comments, but I find it extremely ironic that intolerance is so popularly met with intolerance these days. All it takes is one out-of-context statement or joke in poor taste to surface and ruin someone's career. That isn't demonstrating the virtue of tolerance; that's vengeance and no better to me than the original offense.
X2 , thank you for this comment.

Old 12-19-2013, 07:37 AM
Senior Chief

I hope Phil opens a chick a fill !!!. what A&E just did was double their rating, I guess some won't be a blowin any Duck Calls.Gregg

Old 12-19-2013, 07:57 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylek350 View Post

I wouldn't defend hateful comments either but if the quotes I've read are accurate, I don't see anything hateful in what this guy said. All he did was express an opinion about what he believes to be right and wrong and it wasn't all about homosexuality - he mentioned promiscuity as well - they don't seem bothered about that. If the network is so concerned, they can donate the profit they made on this show to the gay rights movement ... I'm waiting ...

Old 12-19-2013, 08:13 AM
Ultimate Warrior

it is sad that in todays world that when somebody answer a question honestly they penized,this and the paula deen incident is completely foolish,i dont supprt either side all i know is that it is sad that the freedom of speech is gone,somebody says something that offends someone else and there is a big up roar

Old 12-19-2013, 08:50 AM
Ultimate Warrior

everyone should let their feelings be known to a&e network and phil also. the problem with this country is the silent majority.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to muscle_collector For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2013, 08:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

With the troll in the WH leading the way what can one expect? Probably get to the point to classify certain scriptures in the Bible as hate crimes if they are recited or maybe the troll will want to have these offensive scriptures omitted from the Bible?

Old 12-19-2013, 09:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6704gto View Post
i dont supprt either side all i know is that it is sad that the freedom of speech is gone
Freedom of speech isn't gone, it was never guaranteed as a right through corporations and private entities, only against the government. And last I checked, A&E was not owned by the government. Everyone likes to cite freedom of speech any time they feel their opinion is "silenced" but in reality there are numerous restrictions and consequences for that so called freedom.

I question how much of this is an "agenda" vs. someone at A&E knee jerking in response of what "might be" a potential problem. Because in my circle the few who knew about the interview didn't care and there were no calls for boycotts or removing the show. Sounds like an exec just got upset over potential lost revenue and made a dumb call.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ben M. For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2013, 09:32 AM
Senior Chief

Email sent to them expressing the ridiculousness of this.
If a man is asked his opinion and he gives it, he should not be penalized for it. That simple.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It's a show about red-necks doing stupid red-neck stuff.

How many gays could possibly be watching that show anyway?

Old 12-19-2013, 09:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'm sure Phil could care less. After all, this is a guy who had a very good shot at a NFL career as a quarterback, but gave it up because football interfered with duck hunting season. The below is a cut/paste from a Sports Illustrated article:

"In the late 1960s in Ruston, Louisiana, two (Louisiana Tech) Bulldog quarterbacks’ life paths diverged sharply. You might have heard of Terry Bradshaw, who went on to attain the top pick in the 1970 NFL Draft, a lengthy career with the Pittsburgh Steelers, four Super Bowl victories, a spot in the Hall of Fame and a second career in front of the camera. You might not have heard of Phil Robertson, who was ahead of Bradshaw on Louisiana Tech’s depth chart but gave up football with one year of eligibility remaining because the game and any future in it interfered with his heart’s dearest passion: duck-hunting season.

He was asked about his personal beliefs and he gave the answer from his heart. I doubt he will apologize. I wouldn't.

Old 12-19-2013, 09:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69goatboy View Post
It's a show about red-necks doing stupid red-neck stuff.

How many gays could possibly be watching that show anyway?

yeah..rednecks...no cussing..no drinking...strong family values..high morals...honesty(as honest as any TV show could be)..they help their community...they believe in God and country, and when asked, He told the truth...what his core values are...

modern family is perfectly ok though...2 queer$ and all the stupis crap that spews into the world

if i complained publicly about them..it be a racist..or a hate monger....fricking retartd

Ive said it a 100 times..Phil is the kind of guy Id like to meet be around and hang out with..strong caracter...and a good positive roll model...so what he talks a little slow..so what he wants the world to know hes a god fearing man that believes in the bible...he's an american, and a damn good one...

this country was founded on religion, now everyone want s to cut it out like a cancer...SCREW that...

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxjunk For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread