Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 04-13-2002, 11:27 AM
Senior Chief

Have any of you guys gone and looked at Jim Butlers new site yet?Its alot better than the out dated one thats for sure. Check it out

Old 04-13-2002, 11:27 AM
Senior Chief

Have any of you guys gone and looked at Jim Butlers new site yet?Its alot better than the out dated one thats for sure. Check it out

Old 04-13-2002, 09:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

You are joking right?
It looks like some kind of teenage ricer site.
OK not that bad but it doesnt look like any place I want to spend any $$$
Also I see his cranks are raised 200 over the other suppliers. I wonder what that's all about.

My Daddy bought me a car but all I got was this old Pontiac.
Old 04-14-2002, 12:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

With all due respect to JBP it seems they are not the JBP they once were. I tried to order a new roller cam for my 482 them. After 2 weeks of sending multiple faxes and phone calls, I talked to what sounded like a very young lady who said, David hasn't had a chance to look at your fax yet. After 2 weeks went by she faxed me back and said to call. I do understand the off season is a busy time. However, I called Jeff Kauffman and in 5 days he had a custom ground Comp roller for me.

Sandy, UT
---------------------------------------------------
Old 04-14-2002, 01:31 PM
Boost Engineer

I do not know what happened to "TINA" or "MRS BUTLER" but the new young gal is worthless. I have
known the Butlers for years and I can hardly ever
get through to talk to the guys any more. Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 04-14-2002, 08:57 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Definitely true that they are not the same. I recently bought a 455 that has all JBP parts. I bought it knowing that it had a wiped cam in it. Came with all receipts from JBP. Engine had 15 passes on it and 4 bad lobes. Took it apart and found SOLID lifters with HYD. cam! Cant believe someone would put it together and not notice, but thats what happened. Guy had the boxes and all to prove it. He is now contacting JBP to get it sorted out. He had alot of money in this engine for just 15 passes. I know the builder is primarily to blame for installing them, but the parts should have been right from JBP. Just goes to show ALWAYS check and re-check no matter where your parts come from!

[ April 14, 2002: Message edited by: Lemans1 ]</p>

Old 04-15-2002, 12:45 AM
Senior Chief

I too have noticed the same thing about that younger girl...she never seems to want to help as she rushes you off the phone.
A month ago I decided to cancel my Eagle crank order eventhough I had just payed for it, and she said she would credit my C.C. account for $585. Well a week rolls by and the credit still does not show up on my account. I call again and explained my problem to her and without an apology she recredits my account(I guess she forgot to do it the first time)....10 days go by and still no credit. I call JBP again and this time I spoke to a much nicer, older lady who apologized and finally credited my account.

That young girl also tends to 'lie' about who's there for whatever reason. I was talking to Dave Butler one day when my cell phone cut out. I quickly push redial and the young picks up and proceeds to tell me Dave went out to lunch...yeah right!

Lastly, When she answers the phone- the way she screens the calss aggravates me! EX:
GIRL: Jim Butler Performance.
ME: Hi, may a speak with Dave Bulter please?
GIRL: What's this in regards to?
ME: Pontiac Parts
Girl: What about parts....is it a part you ordered or would like to order?
ME: I need to speak to him about parts god damn it, does it really matter... Put him on! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

P.S. I really hate to rip on this girl but this past month she obviously really aggravated me, and made me want think about switching over to KRE or SD Performance.

Old 04-15-2002, 08:59 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Ditto to all the above!

It took Dave B. 4 months to reply to my fax about my 428 build-up/cam specifics. Hell, I had given up on them. Took one call to KRE & Jeff's got it going!
Customer service is where it's at.
In thia age of business (any type) that's all you really have to sell. If it's lesas than satisfactory, you won't be around long. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

SECOND AMENDMENT: AMERICA'S ORIGINAL HOMELAND SECURITY!
Old 04-15-2002, 10:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I havent done any business with JBP for a very long time. But, when I did, I have to admit the customer relations angle was handled pretty well. If that aspect of the business is being de-emphasized, the only way to affect change is to do business elsewhere. If the new JBP notices the loss in business, maybe it gets better. Maybe not.

Old 04-16-2002, 12:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

FWIW, I called there today and Tina answered the phone. She was the same nice and friendly person I have delt with before.

Sponsor of the world's fastest Pontiac powered Ford Fairmont (engine)
5.14 at 140 mph (1/8 mile) , true 10.5 tire, stock type suspension
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDoJnIP3HgE
Old 04-16-2002, 08:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i had a problem today with the young girl(laura) at JBP as well, seems as if she hates to be there.
it wasn't till i was able to get to tina, who was very cordial and wanted to help; did i get any satisfactory service from the JBP office.
thanks to tina & david for taking care of my requests.

Old 04-16-2002, 09:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I just had my d-ports ported and set up for a roller cam and had no problems. Sometimes David or Jim are hard to get a hold of but if they werent busy then something would be wrong right? The new girl isnt the best I agree but hopefully she will get better, once she knew who I was, she seemed alot better on the phone, I think a lot of people call to get info and never buy anything and maybe thats why she screens the calls so much. just my opinion. By the way my heads look really good and flow in the low 270's at .600 and .700 lift. Just got my oliver forged rods and ross pistons from them also. Once I get my block back from my local machine shop i can get this thing going.
see ya

First ultra street/ultimate street NOS car to get into the 4's!
1.079 4.559 153.23.
3100 lbs
7.77 @ 169 1/4 Mile (2015) with EHTTFMF!!
T2TTFMF!

Special Thanks to:
Ron at Rhodes Custom Auto
Butler Peformance
Jim Hostler's Transmissions (HOSGTO) on here
Induction Solutions
BES Racing Engines.
Cheeseburger
VP Racing Fuels
Calvert Racing
Old 04-16-2002, 11:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Don't get me wrong I think JBP is a quality outfit. I've purchased several items from them and used their services a lot in the past. I always had great service but, was a little surprised when I called a few years later to purchase new parts. Im sure the "FNG" will adapt.

Sandy, UT
---------------------------------------------------