THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Old 08-21-2022, 10:09 PM

Default Showing off my 1968 Pontiac Grand Prix

Hey guys. Just wanted to take a little time to show you guys an update of my Grand Prix. I have owned this car for a couple years and was a single family car since new until i purchased it. I since have done some work to it but most recently, i had the interior completely re-upholstered and i am so happy with the results. The car is originally gold on gold and while i intend on leaving the drivetrain mostly original, the interior got modernized material (original style, mostly) and exterior i have planned to do a burgandy or grey. Not sure yet. But as for the interior, here are some before and afters. One of the biggest changes i did was the door panels. Not sure how you guys feel. But i dislike the original design of the door panel. How the arm rest is integrated into the whole assembly.. not a fan. I also painted the lower section of the dash in the car. It came out more than decent. It isnt completely done just yet, i just need arm rests for the front. And i actually had a pair of 63-64 pontiac arm rests laying around and they work so good , i might just make it permanent. Hope you guys like it as much as i do.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Old 08-22-2022, 08:30 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Nice interior. Factory wheel still? Stereo or mono AM/FM?

Old 08-22-2022, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Half-Inch Stud View Post
Nice interior. Factory wheel still? Stereo or mono AM/FM?
So the steering wheel i have on there now is a regular gto wheel. All black. But i do have the full size steering wheel and its mostly in good shape , other than the clear part . I need to re do that part. I was thinking of doing an epoxy but im not sure how to do the mold

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to IIChileII For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2022, 06:47 PM
Senior Chief

Looks like a dream to cruise in.

"Yes, it's a real GTO. I know the scoops, spoiler, exhaust tips, and rear wheels are wrong. Umm, sure it's the 'big block' 400, you are quite the expert. I am driving in the rain, at night, running errands, with the kids who are eating and having ice cream in the back, after going to the drag strip, burning rubber, and blowing donuts. Do you really think it's numbers matching all original?"