Old 12-06-2022, 11:20 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Default sent me a Camaro part , were can i buy these

got these from firebird central ,on the web it said for a firebird , not even close . were can i buy the proper ones for a 72 firebird
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cc1.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	603177   Click image for larger version

Name:	cc2.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	603178  

Old 12-07-2022, 01:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

They pull that w 69 firebird rear license plate brackets too just tell the truth that it’s not correct. They wouldn’t even admit it after I told them . I won’t buy anything from them now. Other companies aren’t much better except Ames

selling turbos and turbo related parts since 2005!
Old 12-07-2022, 02:28 AM
Suspended

They are all the same, including Ames. Half the stuff flogged off is made for Camaro (or Chev) nd may also kinda fit Firebird, but not be at all correct. They copy ads from each other and no one even checks or cares as they simply work there and are not enthusiasts. Pointing out that it doesn't fit or is not correct in an ad only means less potential sales to them. Even better if overseas where won't be returning the item or dropping by.

Old 12-07-2022, 05:34 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor78 View Post
They are all the same, including Ames. Half the stuff flogged off is made for Camaro (or Chev) nd may also kinda fit Firebird, but not be at all correct. They copy ads from each other and no one even checks or cares as they simply work there and are not enthusiasts. Pointing out that it doesn't fit or is not correct in an ad only means less potential sales to them. Even better if overseas where won't be returning the item or dropping by.
does anybody make the correct ones

Old 12-07-2022, 10:03 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Check with Barry.

Just Say No To 8” Flakes

F ire B irds

🇮🇱
Old 12-07-2022, 01:41 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by burd View Post
Check with Barry.
sorry not sure who Barry is

Old 12-07-2022, 07:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by grd777 View Post
sorry not sure who Barry is
the curve on these do not match the curve on the rear quarter

Old 12-07-2022, 08:06 PM
Ultimate Warrior

There are threads on this covering a long period of time. As I recall correct ones were being at least test reproduced. But I thought I heard it wasn't financially feasible to make a run of them. They are quite a but different. I have sold many pairs off parts cars.

Old 12-07-2022, 08:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
got these from firebird central ,on the web it said for a firebird , not even close . were can i buy the proper ones for a 72 firebird
I made the same error and bought those same parts prior to changing my quarter skins. my first 70-73 and was not aware of the exact fillers at the time. was pre ordering parts.

then I wound up not needing any fillers at all due to where I cut my quarter skins for replacement. no rust back there so left the area intact. see pics maybe seeing them in this view will help you fab some.

do you have your original tail panel and quarter to remove the original fillers and reuse? some careful improvising metal work you could fab them. they do not show after taillight assembly installation, and you would have to stand on your head to see them inside the trunk. even if you can salvage just the main part of the originals would be an easy fab.

post #77 floor/torque box/frame rail

Last edited by JUDGE3; 12-20-2023 at 10:54 AM.
Old 12-07-2022, 08:54 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formulabruce View Post
There are threads on this covering a long period of time. As I recall correct ones were being at least test reproduced. But I thought I heard it wasn't financially feasible to make a run of them. They are quite a but different. I have sold many pairs off parts cars.
what are they called so i can look it up

Old 12-07-2022, 09:02 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUDGE3 View Post
I made the same error and bought those same parts prior to changing my quarter skins. my first 70-73 and was not aware of the exact fillers at the time. was pre ordering parts.

then I wound up not needing any fillers at all due to where I cut my quarter skins for replacement. no rust back there so left the area intact. see pics maybe seeing them in this view will help you fab some.

do you have your original tail panel and quarter to remove the original fillers and reuse? some careful improvising metal work you could fab them. they do not show after taillight assembly installation, and you would have to stand on your head to see them inside the trunk. even if you can salvage just the main part of the originals would be an easy fab.

post #77 floor/torque box/frame rail
i don't think this is the one i am talking about it is the one that goes on either side of this panel at the lower valance
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ta.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	603208  

Old 12-07-2022, 09:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
i don't think this is the one i am talking about it is the one that goes on either side of this panel at the lower valance
this area? its where the trunk drop off, inner and outer tail panels, and the quarter come together. no filler here. just takes some cutting and fitting for it all to fit nice, then I drilled and spot welded it all together where applicable. and seam sealed and rust proofed.

lots of pics of all this in my thread....

Last edited by JUDGE3; 12-20-2023 at 10:54 AM.
Old 12-07-2022, 09:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
this area? its where the trunk drop off, inner and outer tail panels, and the quarter come together. no filler here. just takes some cutting and fitting for it all to fit nice, then I drilled and spot welded it all together where applicable. and seam sealed and rust proofed.

lots of pics of all this in my thread....
it is this piece it is welded to the lower qtr and the cross rail
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3541.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	603212  

Old 12-07-2022, 10:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

just can't tell in that pic what your after there.

I can tell you I replaced my trunk drop offs, inner and outer tail panels (trimmed to fit what I needed) and of course trimmed my full quarter panel to fit how I wanted. I had no filler needed for it all to come together nicely.

I did not need a trunk floor nor did I remove the entire aft section. hope u find what your after.

Old 12-07-2022, 10:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
just can't tell in that pic what your after there.

I can tell you I replaced my trunk drop offs, inner and outer tail panels (trimmed to fit what I needed) and of course trimmed my full quarter panel to fit how I wanted. I had no filler needed for it all to come together nicely.

I did not need a trunk floor nor did I remove the entire aft section. hope u find what your after.
i circled it
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ta2.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	603216  

Old 12-08-2022, 10:00 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
the curve on these do not match the curve on the rear quarter
tried it again, the curve is way off ,i guess i will need to modify this or make one myself

Old 12-09-2022, 05:40 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
can i try to make these work i may have to curve them

Old 12-10-2022, 09:26 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
can i try to make these work i may have to curve them
i guess nobody has had this problem. i will figure it out and then post a how to

Old 12-10-2022, 08:33 PM

I needed one as well. I found it easy enough to make from a piece of sheet metal. Not very noticeable once car is finished.

Old 12-10-2022, 08:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho Dave View Post
I needed one as well. I found it easy enough to make from a piece of sheet metal. Not very noticeable once car is finished.
that's a hard piece to make , any tips, a will try to make one tomorrow