Old 11-19-2022, 07:49 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Vaught View Post

So nas t eh you (with your newby 170 posts from Canada)
Wow. That one sentence speaks volumes and isn't a good look for you. I would elaborate on why it is offensive and uncalled for, but then I suppose I would get flamed for "only" being a 20 year member with "only" 1350 posts and from a foreign land, so I won't waste our time.

Regarding the original topic, I don't post in the Race section since I don't race, but I do follow a lot of the technical threads. I don't enjoy the drama or seeing people get treated like crap, so when it gets out of hand I stop reading. The guys that get turned on by arguing about who has bigger feet (see above) don't impress me much (coincidentally, Shania grew up 60 miles from me).

At the end of the day, we pay nothing for this great resource and the owners/sponsors of the site clearly want a certain level of decorum. In my opinion, the mods have a tough job and do it well. There is no "free speech" here...you are a guest in someone else's house.

Oshawa built 1 option Judge basket case. 463, SD KRE 295's, CNC'd factory intake, Cliff's Qjet, Stump Puller HR cam, RARE RA manifolds, Pypes exhaust, T56 Magnum, McLeod RXT clutch, 3.42 12 bolt. 24 year project almost done...
The Following User Says Thank You to mrennie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2022, 08:09 PM
Senior Chief

Hmm. I'm from Canada too. What's the point of that reference?

The Following User Says Thank You to 76TA462 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2022, 09:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrennie View Post
Wow. That one sentence speaks volumes and isn't a good look for you. I would elaborate on why it is offensive and uncalled for, but then I suppose I would get flamed for "only" being a 20 year member with "only" 1350 posts and from a foreign land, so I won't waste our time.

Regarding the original topic, I don't post in the Race section since I don't race, but I do follow a lot of the technical threads. I don't enjoy the drama or seeing people get treated like crap, so when it gets out of hand I stop reading. The guys that get turned on by arguing about who has bigger feet (see above) don't impress me much (coincidentally, Shania grew up 60 miles from me).

At the end of the day, we pay nothing for this great resource and the owners/sponsors of the site clearly want a certain level of decorum. In my opinion, the mods have a tough job and do it well. There is no "free speech" here...you are a guest in someone else's house.
Shania = awesome in every way.

Old 11-20-2022, 01:13 AM
formerly 'Pontiac Jack'

My two cents-worth:
Only a couple of times have I felt the need to bash another PY forums member. Instead of doing it "in public", I've sent a PM or email. If I remember correctly, in both cases the private discourse ironed out some misunderstandings.
PY forums are a great resource for all my Pontiac efforts and interests.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jack Gifford For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2022, 10:13 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nas t eh View Post
FYI
He teased, poked, trolled you.

You responded with intimidation and a threat.
I responded several times.

No one teased, poked, trolled me.

I gave an opinion based on actually being a moderator on a different website.
I also posted that the members acted like adults vs children on the playground.

This whole thread is just stirring the chit and getting the person who made a bad decision (messing with a moderator when the moderator was doing his job). The rest of the posts (including questioning the moderator who did his job is 1st Grade behavior in my opinion.

Have a nice Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Have not seen one race related post in this topic.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 11-20-2022, 10:17 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefbigb View Post
Tom you have allot of real life knowledge and experience to share on this board and probably others. Stick to that and people can all draw from your pool. Not everything posted is a personal attack or at a individual. Some are just one liners in a attempt to break up the conversation.
Maybe so, but see no where how it relates to race discussions vs as you said
"Some are just one liners in a attempt to break up the conversation" because they are bored.

Bored Read a newspaper.

Tom V.

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.
Old 11-20-2022, 11:26 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
I responded several times.

No one teased, poked, trolled me.

I gave an opinion based on actually being a moderator on a different website.
I also posted that the members acted like adults vs children on the playground.

This whole thread is just stirring the chit and getting the person who made a bad decision (messing with a moderator when the moderator was doing his job). The rest of the posts (including questioning the moderator who did his job is 1st Grade behavior in my opinion.

Have a nice Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Tom V.
I am from the wrong country and I don’t have enough posts to have an ongoing discussion with you(your words)

So what are you doing, did you forget...are you trying to apologize?

Apology accepted.
Thanksgiving has already past for us stupid Canadians, But have a great Thanksgiving and Christmas as well.

Old 11-21-2022, 12:01 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Here is the deal. People with the money to build a very fast Pontiac and have the b@!!$ to race it 7 seconds down the 1/4 mile are for the most part type A personality.
So they might like to talk some smack back and fourth. Or talk smack to other not so fast people.
Its OK, its fine. Not that big of a deal.
Those fast high profile guys are not here so much, but used to be.
Not good for Pontiacs in general.
If someone talks a little trash, ignore it, or give it back. Just pick yourself back up and move on.
The world will go on with or without anyone.

Old 11-21-2022, 03:05 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Completely oblivious...there's got to be a medical term for it.

The Following User Says Thank You to scott70 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2022, 09:07 AM
Ultimate Warrior

The only Pontiac V8 build difference between Race and Street/Strip is the valve train. There. A Race tech tip.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Half-Inch Stud For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2022, 09:26 PM
Boost Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nas t eh View Post
I am from the wrong country and I don’t have enough posts to have an ongoing discussion with you(your words)

So what are you doing, did you forget...are you trying to apologize?

Apology accepted.
Thanksgiving has already past for us stupid Canadians, But have a great Thanksgiving and Christmas as well.
1) You said you were stupid, not I.

2) I was not apologizing so you need not worry about that deal.

3) Can't accept an apology when none was offered.

Burt Straus was not stupid and is a Canadian.
Do a search on him some time as he ran a PRO STOCK Canadian ASTRE, Traditional Pontiac powered.

Mike Voicey a Canadian is not stupid. Very good racer. And a nice person.

So again you are wrong on all counts.

I am trying very hard to still be polite with you BUT whatever................

Tom V.

Old 11-21-2022, 09:55 PM
Senior Chief

Quote:
1) You said you were stupid, not I.

2) I was not apologizing so you need not worry about that deal.

3) Can't accept an apology when none was offered.

Burt Straus was not stupid and is a Canadian.
Do a search on him some time as he ran a PRO STOCK Canadian ASTRE, Traditional Pontiac powered.

Mike Voicey a Canadian is not stupid. Very good racer. And a nice person.

So again you are wrong on all counts.

I am trying very hard to still be polite with you BUT whatever................

Tom V.
LOL, your version of polite in that first dismissvie post is pretty insulting, maybe take some lessons.

FYI
I was teasing you on the apology thing, because your later post I was referencing was so awkward.

Why are you still talking to little old me? Why are you wasting your precious intelect on a pot stirring thread?

Old 11-21-2022, 09:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Sometimes all you can just say is

WOW!!

Old 11-22-2022, 12:06 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Moderator why don't you lock this thread or better yet delete it?

Old 11-22-2022, 12:55 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61-63 View Post
Who offended you my friend?

Old 11-22-2022, 03:49 AM
Ultimate Warrior

It's like watching a fight in an old folks home Why you I oughta !!

And yes, I'm old.

Many years ago I was riding with a friend of mine and his wife, this guy was a bad-ass biker type, never saw him back down to anyone. He was approaching an argument with his wife, it was about to reach a critical point ... I saw him open his mouth to make the plunge .. he paused and said ... "Well OK then" and it was over.

I learned a valuable lesson that day, and have used it many times with my wife when I do the argument "cost benefit analysis"

Old 11-22-2022, 06:39 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
... argument "cost benefit analysis"
Some folks invest heavy. REAL heavy. It becomes like a gambling addiction. Banter is good. Maybe someone needs to come along and say "Lighten Up Francis" once in a while, but it's only natural that the Race forum is going to be somewhat competitive. But the tired ol' measuring stick? That is really out of place. Nas T Eh and I have butted heads several times, and while we agree to disagree, it was never personal. And neither of us took shots at the other's post count while claiming to be the adult in the room either.

Quote:
LOL, says this Canadian, LOL. Looks like Tom just questioned the moderator's decisions. Yeah, it was in a roundabout manner, but he effectively told them to shut this down.
I WOULD BE VERY CAREFUL ABOUT QUESTIONING DECISIONS MADE BY THE MODERATORS.

The Following User Says Thank You to 242177P For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2022, 07:18 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61-63 View Post
Why? Keep it here forever so you own what you say.

Old 11-22-2022, 10:25 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataway View Post
It's like watching a fight in an old folks home Why you I oughta !!

And yes, I'm old.

Many years ago I was riding with a friend of mine and his wife, this guy was a bad-ass biker type, never saw him back down to anyone. He was approaching an argument with his wife, it was about to reach a critical point ... I saw him open his mouth to make the plunge .. he paused and said ... "Well OK then" and it was over.

I learned a valuable lesson that day, and have used it many times with my wife when I do the argument "cost benefit analysis"
Also you cant just people have the run of the house,,saying and acting however they want (Not in a good way) .If you dont speak up now and then and call them out on their behavior, they will continue. Nobody is so smart and needed here that they cant be reminded now and then to check themselves. I dont walk on eggshells for anybody,,,,,,,maybe my wife a little.lol

The Following User Says Thank You to scott70 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2022, 11:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Stoneburg View Post
Who offended you my friend?
No one did. Unlike several others who've posted in this thread I don't care for these pissing contests. Don't see any need for them and don't feel that they ever accomplish anything beyond leaving permanent bad feelings. As someone posted there is nothing in this thread that says anything about racing so get it off here. JMO.