Chief Ponti-yacker

im totally interested sending you a PM now

Old 12-06-2022, 11:34 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Question Can it be??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark66 View Post
, speed alert, cruise control
Sounds like a terrific car and I'm not wanting to be picky but I wonder if it could have BOTH those options? I imagined the cruise control is achieved by setting a pointer in the speedo cluster and the same with a speed alert?

Do both those options work simultaneously??

Ian

Old 12-09-2022, 02:59 PM

Heybuck - good question and here is what I have found. The order code for the "Electro Cruise and Fuel Warning" option was 442 (at a cost of $83.65). The 1966 Pontiac Accessory booklet shows that it was not possible to order both the Electro cruise option and the Safeguard Speedometer option (order code 441). Good eyes!! It has obviously been a while since I have had the car on the road.

The base price for the car was $3,404 - the total cost of the options was $2,321.77 or 68% of the MSRP - the car has pretty much all of the options available from Pontiac for 1966. Even has the long branch exhaust manifolds but I think that these were installed by the dealer after the car was ordered. The car was sold by Stone Pontiac and GMC in Morehead, Kentucky.

Old 12-09-2022, 07:29 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Elector Cruise has Speedminder built into it

Old 12-09-2022, 08:40 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

that has everything could you order a 4 door with a 421 and or with a tri power now that would be cool

Old 12-09-2022, 08:46 PM

Default 67 Pontiac

I have 67 grand prix convertible 4 speed for sale

Old 12-15-2022, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevep View Post
Elector Cruise has Speedminder built into it
Stevep: I rechecked the speedo options available in 1966 on Pontiac B-body cars and here is what I found. If you did not want the basic speedo unit you had the following additional choices:

Code 448 was the "Custom Guage Cluster" which provided oil pressure and water temperature gauges.

Code 441 was the "Safeguard Speedometer [and Fuel Warning Light]" which allowed one to select a desired speed when buzzed the car exceeded the set speed.

Code 442 was the "Electro-Cruise System" which maintained a pre-set speed (also included a low-fuel level warning lamp on fuel gauge)".

Each of these speedo options was mutually exclusive and they could not be combined.

Old 12-17-2022, 08:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark66 View Post
Stevep: I rechecked the speedo options available in 1966 on Pontiac B-body cars and here is what I found. If you did not want the basic speedo unit you had the following additional choices:

Code 448 was the "Custom Guage Cluster" which provided oil pressure and water temperature gauges.

Code 441 was the "Safeguard Speedometer [and Fuel Warning Light]" which allowed one to select a desired speed when buzzed the car exceeded the set speed.

Code 442 was the "Electro-Cruise System" which maintained a pre-set speed (also included a low-fuel level warning lamp on fuel gauge)".

Each of these speedo options was mutually exclusive and they could not be combined.
Electro Cruise equipped cars will work as cruise or as speedminder.
I have owned a few.
The owner's manual will tell you.

Old 09-06-2023, 11:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Not mine and a '66.
https://philadelphia.craigslist.org/...663136068.html

TOM