Old 01-22-2020, 12:25 PM

I had the same type of problem on a 65 tripower. A friend suggested that I lower the float levels a tad, on all the carburetors. Also, Felpro makes a heat riser blockoff, intake gasket, that I put in, the same time I lowered the float levels. I,m not sure which one worked but my problem was solved.

Old 01-22-2020, 10:26 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbnapier View Post
I'll check the tank vent. I replaced the vent hose about 2 years ago, so I think it is OK. Also, if I had tank venting issues, I would expect the issues all the time, not just after hot starts... I will check though.
I had a problem last year on my wagon after driving it on the highway on a 100 degree day. It didn't stumble, but it took a long time to start, due to flooding. The tank was not venting. I stopped to get gas, and the gas cap blew off when I loosened it, and slammed into the gas pump. The fuel would flood the carb when it was hot out, but only after driving down the highway, which is hotter than just sitting somewhere. I replaced the cap, and problem solved. the vent hose could still be your problem. Not to be overlooked. I never had that problem until that day, and not since. I do run a return line. 455 with AC