Old 07-06-2005, 05:30 PM

O.K. Here's the deal, my wife said I could get a set of alum. heads, and roller cam set up, but here's the delima, Is there more power overall in going that way or possiblly going with a blower system? Right now I have a 455 .030 over, Nunzi 2041, #96 heads, mild bowl work, TCI TH350, with 2200 stall, 3:31 12 bolt in a 71 firebird. As I don't drive it much which would be the best bang for the buck, and money well spent? Street manner, not a major concern. Thanks for any replys.

Old 07-06-2005, 05:34 PM
Suspended

What rods and pistons?

Old 07-06-2005, 05:37 PM

sorry, TWR forged flat top, CAT I beams from PPR in CA, also a Q-jet from Cliff R. with modified perfromer intake.

Old 07-06-2005, 07:17 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Hummm Tough call there....around 4k for blower set up from Ken I think, and around 4k for heads and cam.....hummmmmmmmmmm....Im going to have to say blower I think just for the COOL factor, not to mention you can always up the boost for more power....,cam and heads you are pretty much stuck with what you can tune outa it which can be alot how ever.
blower me thinks
Mike

Old 07-06-2005, 07:25 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Definatly more power potential from some forced induction if the rest of the engine is up to it.
Some boost would compliment your current gears and convertor much more than a bigger cam and more head flow.
I'm easily bent towards the boost side of the coin these days but still kind of miss my rumpity rump N\A style power now and then.