Old 03-26-2003, 10:42 PM

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out where all the vacuum lines go on my 73 455 SD. The guy I bought the car from must have had some dummy to his mechanic work because all the vacuum lines are not hooked up or were hooked up wrong. The 3 line vacuum block on the front of the intake manifold doesn't have any lines on it. the 2 line block appears to be ok cause its line goes to the air cleaner and the other is plugged with a factory plug. Then there is the vacuum modulator valve on the side of the carb. They had the left windshield wiper hose hooked to it. I also have some strange belt tensioner on the alternator. Can anyone send me pics of their 73 TA so I can see how these are all set up. Sure would appreciate any help I can get on this.

Thanks
Ron

Old 03-26-2003, 10:42 PM

Hey guys, I'm trying to figure out where all the vacuum lines go on my 73 455 SD. The guy I bought the car from must have had some dummy to his mechanic work because all the vacuum lines are not hooked up or were hooked up wrong. The 3 line vacuum block on the front of the intake manifold doesn't have any lines on it. the 2 line block appears to be ok cause its line goes to the air cleaner and the other is plugged with a factory plug. Then there is the vacuum modulator valve on the side of the carb. They had the left windshield wiper hose hooked to it. I also have some strange belt tensioner on the alternator. Can anyone send me pics of their 73 TA so I can see how these are all set up. Sure would appreciate any help I can get on this.

Thanks
Ron

Old 03-27-2003, 06:42 AM
Ultimate Warrior

hi ron, my SD has the same pulley as you describe.
the belt tensioner(pulley) for the alt. should be mounted to the passenger side of the block as the alt. is a stationary mount and the pulley is used for belt tension adjustment.
i have a '73 Pontiac service manual that shows the correct routing of the vacuum lines that you need. i'll scan it and email it to you. gimme an address.
1973 SD455 T/A
1979 S.E. T/A
http://community.webshots.com/album/16587603rOyvmFCiHs

[This message was edited by Larry Navarro on March 27, 2003 at 09:31 AM.]

Old 03-27-2003, 08:31 AM

Larry
Man are those sweet birds you have there. I hope I can get my 73 back like yours. My e-mail is roelkers@cox.net . What kinda camera do you have it takes great pics. I'm needing one to document my car when I start the restoration. Did you have to redo your interior? If so where did you get your seat covers from. Mine is white on white.

Thanks so much for the help.
Ron

Old 03-27-2003, 08:57 AM
Ultimate Warrior

ron..."you have mail".

1973 SD455 T/A
1979 S.E. T/A

Old 05-02-2003, 01:46 PM

Is the vacuum routing lines same on a 74 400 Formula? Is there a chance the you can send me a copy of the routing by e-mail? The routing in my car is a total mess. Just can't figure it out.

Owner of a 1974 Formula 400 in Ängelholm, Sweden!

Old 05-02-2003, 02:58 PM
Ultimate Warrior

S.F....
diagram on the way.

1973 SD455 T/A
1979 S.E. T/A

Old 05-03-2003, 10:22 AM

Thanks for the mail! Now its time to clean up the mess under my hood.

Owner of a 1974 Formula 400 in Ängelholm, Sweden!