THE LOBBY A gathering place. Introductions, sports, showin' off your ride, birthday-anniversary-milestone, achievements, family oriented humor.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2019, 10:00 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Default I have reached a Y in the road. Not life or death

Outside of my family I have two passions that I have no control over. One is cars and one is hunting. When this all started I was 14 years old in 1966. Cars were 250.00 and hunting was going out on Saturday and getting permission and hunt what ever was in season. i live in Kansas and hunting was plentiful. As time went on College took my car money but hunting was the cost of ammunition. Then Marriage and kids took precident over every thing else but hunting still was my escape. By this time my hunting had expanded to hunting all over the west colorado Montana and New Mexico and was gettin exspensive. In 91 my son was born(second marriage) I decided I needed a hobby closer to home with some value when I was done. I had some money and bought a 65 chevelle ss 4 speed convertible just for fun because of a butternut yellow 68 cutlass conv I had in college.
Been away from classic cars for 20 years. I realized I bought a POS but my pride got the best of me and decided to work on it and 6 years later it was finished.
I won't go through all of the cars since then but most were frame off.
Fast forward hunting is now an industry unless your family owns property you pay to hunt. I am fastly approaching fixed income I don't mean poverty.

2 years of health problems, back surgery Sepsis and hand surgery, my mobilty has been extremely hendered (walking, getting up of garage floor).
My situation is minimal compared to people with alot tougher decisions than I have to make..

So do I go on that mule deer hunt next year or put tri power on my car. That is last of my stash. After that it is Social Security, 401K.

Most of you who have never hunted could never understand this delemma.

Remember always chase those dreams

Thanks Greg