Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 12-08-1999, 05:16 PM

Rock & Roll Engineering Bruce Fulper
Grand Terrace, CA
909-370-0389

List your good or bad experiences as a response. As always be fair and professional. Beware.... Slander or unsubstantiated claims or greivances could be grounds for legal action.

If you would like to add a business, individual, club, association....etc. Please e-mail Performance Years.

Old 12-08-1999, 05:16 PM

Rock & Roll Engineering Bruce Fulper
Grand Terrace, CA
909-370-0389

List your good or bad experiences as a response. As always be fair and professional. Beware.... Slander or unsubstantiated claims or greivances could be grounds for legal action.

If you would like to add a business, individual, club, association....etc. Please e-mail Performance Years.

Old 01-19-2000, 02:30 PM

Who? Oh the guy at the track who threatens everyone at the track if you are not on "his side". That guy has an extremely bad temper.

[This message has been edited by Ramair4ta (edited 01-20-2000).]

Old 01-19-2000, 06:05 PM
Suspended

Location: The Palomino Ranch in Tucson-where the real horsepower lives.

Must be the same guy that gives trophies to second place cars when the winning cars motor is built by his competition.He also PUBLICALLY insults other engine builders over the P.A. system during races.(Pomona street legals)

Old 02-04-2000, 10:35 AM

Recently I placed a $1660 order with RRE and it consisted of C&A rods, J&E pistons, total seal piston rings and 3 center 4-bolt main caps. Now just to let you know this was my first order with them and decided to go with them regardless of what I have read on this sight ( good and bad ). It took just short of one month to get the parts but that doesn’t bother me at all. The problem is… I called RRE today because I decided I wanted to use the Bill Miller aluminum rods instead of the C&A’ s I purchased. When I called I told ( didn’t get their name but I know it’s not Joe ) them I don’t have a problem paying the difference in price ( obviously ). The person on the phone said “ OK “. Than all I heard was typing an then he says “ Oh we shipped them to you already “ “ I’m not going to be able to exchange them than “ “ I can’t afford it “. So I said “ What do you mean you cant afford it “ “ Your not going to lose any money all I want to do is simply exchange them and pay the difference “. He said “ I cant afford it “ “ I cant take those back and sit on them till I sell them “ “ Why don’t you sell them yourself than buy the others “. So I told him “ I don’t have a web sight or a business where people call me all day placing orders ect.. ect.. The conversation lasted about another 15 seconds and ended with me simply saying in a well mannered tone “ I guess I’ll have to take my business else where “ and I hung up. Not that it even that it matters but do they wait till your money clears before they will even order the part from the manufacturer? That’s what it seems like when they say they can’t afford it and the parts take 1 month to get. In my eyes they didn’t do the right thing, especially me being a brand new customer whom doesn’t know all the fine print and polices. Don’t you all think it’s important to satisfy a new customer even if it means bending the rules a little one time. You all know it takes a lot more parts to complete a motor ( heads, bolts, intake, ect…). I have a lot of money to spend on my Pontiac this year. I’m also the kind of person that thinks it’s very important to be loyal to one place instead of running around looking for “ better prices “. It pays off in the end for both parties, I would get great service and in return when someone asks me “ where do you buy your parts “ I smile and gladly tell them, and the good experiences I’ve had. I know the guys from RRE read and contribute to this board and I know they will see or here of this post. I’m hoping they’ll do the right thing, they have my phone # and now my e-mail address. I’m a young guy with a lot of years of racing ahead of me and I don’t want to hold a grudge over something silly like this. And to all the other companies out there I’m sorry for not choosing you, I’m new to the Pontiac seen and their web sight caught my eye. And if they don’t respond to this is there anyone out there looking for a good customer and does anyone need a set of new C&A rods.

Old 02-05-2000, 04:52 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I'll try an answer your question about RRE, if you bought std rods that could be a good reason why he won't take them back and try to re-sell them, the most popular after market rods are the long rods 6.800". Being in the business myself, I can understand why he wouldn't. Once you order them, and they were delivered it's makes it kind of hard, for example" lets say you order them, and he had not received them yet or they were delivered to him, then it's just a matter of sending them back, no money exchange hands, but once he paid for them, it's tuff, because he has to lay out the money for the new set, while your set sits on the selves, if I did that for everyone who change their mind about
parts, you could very easily have 10-15,000.00 tied up. A few years back there wasn't that many after market companies' for Pontiac steel rods, so it would have been so much of a problem, but now there's a haft a dozen, with Eagle being the most popular, the chances of finding some one who would want a set of Std. Child's & Albert rods are tuff, but that's not the point, your asking the guy
to tie up cash flow, and that's very hard to do in this business.

Old 02-05-2000, 06:16 PM
Suspended

Gach-you are absolutely right on this one.You can't ask someone to tie-up what he doesn't have.If a business(anyone)doesn't have the capital to buy a set(1) of rods AND doesn't have credit at the company/distributor then there are some MAJOR problems going on.

Old 02-05-2000, 10:35 PM

THAN HIS WEB PAGE SHOULDENT READ :

R.R.E. The Largest Pontiac Hi-Performance Parts Catalog

I got that right off the first page!!!
If he's the largest than he shouldent have a problem doing an EXCHANGE!!!!

Old 02-05-2000, 11:14 PM
Suspended

You'd think that for someone who could afford to have"Big Daddy"Don Garlits on his payroll,that exchanging a puny set of rods wouldn't be a problem.

Old 02-06-2000, 01:43 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Well, he's doing better then H-O racing, I guess we really need to think about weather or not this is good business sense, lets put it this way, if you sell 100 sets of rods, an have a credit line of say".......ooh... 10,000.00, and 10 guys want to return there rods, at a cost of 700.00 per set, and
it's only a 30 day account.... Humm? let see", 700.00 x 10 = $7000.00, and for a profit margin of say 15 %, of which would only be 105.00 per set, your going to tie up $7000.00, sure that works for me. Hey maybe that's why H-O went out of business. Have a nice day, hope I've help you to have a better under standing, of what it takes to stay in business.

Old 02-06-2000, 09:43 AM
Suspended

Gach,what does it say at the top of the page?It says R&RE,not H-O,not PPR, not KRE,not Butler,not Nunzi,not SD. His customer service is non-exsistant,His attitude is megalomaniacal.

[This message has been edited by Cobrabill (edited 02-07-2000).]

Old 02-06-2000, 05:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Bill, Gach was merely giving this guy a reason as to why Bruce would'nt take his parts back! I have dealt with Bruce and had no problems.

[This message has been edited by pont406 (edited 02-07-2000).]

1966 Lemans, 3700Lbs, 406 ci, #96 Heads, Crane 467/494 cam, RPM Intake, Q-Jet, 11 inch Converter, 3:90 gears, 3 inch exhaust, Best ET 12.62@107 MPH 414ci shortblock coming soon!
Old 02-06-2000, 05:35 PM
Ultimate Warrior

the "Big Daddy" Don Garlits thing was a JOKE! I got it

1966 Lemans, 3700Lbs, 406 ci, #96 Heads, Crane 467/494 cam, RPM Intake, Q-Jet, 11 inch Converter, 3:90 gears, 3 inch exhaust, Best ET 12.62@107 MPH 414ci shortblock coming soon!
Old 02-06-2000, 08:21 PM
Suspended

If you "GOT IT" then you would realize that there is more going on here than is printed.As far as the joke thing goes,Don Garlits didn't think it was funny.Funny how some people when caught red-handed,cry"Hey it's only a joke!" BTW-post an address.

[This message has been edited by Cobrabill (edited 02-07-2000).]

Old 02-07-2000, 10:53 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Common business practices: Normally there is a restocking fee of 10 to 20%. Wasn't the owners fault if you changed your mind. Some companies including myself,(if you add to your change or buy more product. & I don't mean a chrome thermostat housing) will work with the customer. Remember YOUR attitude is reflected in my attitude. Even Federal Mogal ( since they bought TRW) has changed there policies. They now charge if minumun purchases $300) aren't met. It's like Orwell"s 1984 out there. Seems at times that Big corporations are trying to drive the little guy into the ropes. They offer DEEP discounts for Major orders. Usually $3000 to $5000 orders. Years ago I got into a major arguement with MSD about their MSD 6AL unit that Summit was selling for $159.00. JOBBER was $209.00 Racer net around $259.00 & list at over $300. How was I supposed to buy and sell to compete? Even with 10% discount you can't do it. So I called MSD to find out how to buy. $5000 minumun first with a minumun buy thru out the year. (and thats just ONE product) No way I, a smaller business person can do it. Add that up with 150 manufactures. Then they had the Balls to tell me that Summit was using it as a loss leader to get customers to purchase other stuff. Get real. Do the math!! Nationwide 2000 people buy the MSD 6AL. cost roughly $180.00@10% discount. $20.00 loss=$40,000 LOSS. I DON"T THINK SO. And that"s only one product that they sell that cut throat. So you see, look at the other side of this Speciality Pontiac market. I'm not saying He's (R&RE) right or wrong, Just MY deal. Remember, when you have a Performance PONTIAC QUESTION, who do you call. Summit? So if the price is a little higher or there's a restocking fee or parts can't be returned. It's part of business out there, trying to compete in a ever growing Chain & Mass Mailorder market. Later dude,s

Old 02-07-2000, 06:54 PM
Administrator

WARNING!!!!

ANYMORE POSTS THAT DO NOT STICK TO "THE" TOPIC ARE NOT PERMITTED!!! YOU MAY START A TOPIC IN "THE LOBBY" OR IN "PERFORMANCE & RACING"

"YOUR" opinion only about "YOUR" experience with this vendor in a PROFESSIONAL and FAIR manner!

This is not a TOPIC area for debate unless the vendor would like to respond. Thanks.