Pontiac Business Entities Exchange Sources, Compliments and Grievances in regard to Pontiac parts or services rendered by an individual or business.

Old 12-08-1999, 05:19 PM

Sonic Motors Barry Martin
Holly, MI
810-750-1421

List your good or bad experiences as a response. As always be fair and professional. Beware.... Slander or unsubstantiated claims or greivances could be grounds for legal action.

If you would like to add a business, individual, club, association....etc. Please e-mail Performance Years.

Old 12-08-1999, 05:19 PM

Sonic Motors Barry Martin
Holly, MI
810-750-1421

List your good or bad experiences as a response. As always be fair and professional. Beware.... Slander or unsubstantiated claims or greivances could be grounds for legal action.

If you would like to add a business, individual, club, association....etc. Please e-mail Performance Years.

Old 12-29-1999, 10:20 PM

Barry has a huge selection of parts in inventory. He always has a part I am in need of, although, the only drawback is that I suspect that the parts either sit in a humid area or a left in an open area. Most times, rust in an issue with the parts.

Old 01-07-2000, 01:12 PM

I bought a 421 block from Barry a couple of weeks ago. The price seemed reasonable. About the rust problem mentioned above - I visited his shop and it looked like a lot of the parts were clean, but a few here and there were pretty heavily rusted. Not sure if he gets them that way or if it is due to the way they are stored (his shop is a pole building, so condensation could be a problem, especially during Michigan winters). Overall, I would recommend him.

'63 421SD LeMans...
in pieces in my garage
and basement
Old 02-07-2000, 06:51 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I have called him twice while looking for two desirable 70-74 T/A parts. Both times he had them, one of which was NOS. I thought his price were reasonable both times and he seems like a nice guy. I recommend him.

Old 03-02-2000, 01:15 AM
Suspended

There's a reason that people that I know who have done business with Barry Martin refer to him as "Barely Marginal."

"Bait and Switch" definitely applies to this guy.

I get the impression that he takes your money under the guise of "sure I've got that" and then takes two months to use your money to find the part.

Only buy from him if you're used to going to Carlisle with your hands on your knees and "assuming the position." With this guy, it's definitely a case of "I need the part" and not "I want the part."

He offered to buy a '68-70 LeMans hood from me, NOS, for $150 a few years back, under the stipulation that I'd deliver it to Carlisle. When I delivered it to him, he got out his wallet and tried to renegotiate the price with me. It didn't work.

The bottom line is this: if you absolutely cannot get it anywhere else, get a price and condition in writing. Then, you have something to fall back on when (not "if") you get piped.

[This message has been edited by Scott Misus (edited 05-28-2000).]

Old 05-04-2000, 02:17 PM

I wouldnt say bait and switch, but just bait.
I got told one price for a 69 400 hood on the phone. When I drove the 200+ miles, the price got jacked $100. Next time I'll pass.

Old 05-28-2000, 11:09 AM
Suspended

He changed the price after agreeing on another. That's called "Bait and switch", Tony.

Old 07-03-2000, 08:21 AM
Ultimate Warrior

No Scott, that is when the price is advertised or agreed upon then theitem is switched for a higher price one. In this case the same items price jumped after an agreed value. I guess i'd call it chummin. When the fish got hooked he'd reel em in!!!