Pontiac - Race The next Level

Old 07-10-2014, 09:48 AM
Suspended

Default Norwalk is 3 weeks away......what's up!

OK 3 weeks to go...........I'm getting GEEKED! Who's going to do what? Is Jack going to be ready? Is Mr. Leech going to be ready? What about the Frantic 4 is Cooper & Welter going to show up? Who's going to make the quickest pass? Are we going to have our first 6 sec NA door slammer car?

GTO George

Old 07-10-2014, 10:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
Are we going to have our first 6 sec NA door slammer car?

GTO George
A little birdie says that is a strong possibility.
I just hope to get everything finished up on my car so I don't have to watch the wife race again.

Old 07-10-2014, 10:16 AM
Ultimate Warrior

There's been an eerie silence about Norwalk in recent weeks. I haven't decided if it's because a bunch of the smack talkers are slinking off with their tails between their legs and their excuses at the ready OR because they're getting ready to amaze and delight Pontiac fans with their performance. I guess I'll have to wait and see. I will be there in spirit, but not in fact.

Jim

****'63 Tempest, 475" IAII, Wenzler Super Chief heads, converted to blown alcohol, Birdcatcher, Littlefield 10-71 high helix. Best pass to date: 7.67 @ 181.59 (1/4 mi.), 4.95 @ 143.67 (1/8 mi.), 1.18 (60 ft)

7.75 @ 178 pass:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iez3...ature=youtu.be

First seven second pass(7.98): https://wwwoutube.com/watch?v=DK17...ature=youtu.be

Thanks to Paul Carter @ Koerner Racing Engines

Old 07-10-2014, 10:29 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I'll be there. Ready and Anxious to see some fast guys go at it again.

Been there the past several years, always fun to see cars/guys from the forum here at/on the track. Got to meet Kinsler and Mike McCarty last year, great guys. Hope to meet more, and say hey to some of the same.

Rob, Hope you can get your car up there!

"Turbos make no noise and leave the line like Baby Diarrhea!" - GTOGeorge
Old 07-10-2014, 10:37 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

My son Jake & I have been thrashing for the last 3 weeks finishing up his car ( 67 firebird drag radial car). Have electrical to go, narrow rear seat, and install fab aluminum gas tank.
Going to Car Craft Nationals next Thursday. Then weekend after that test and tune at Rock Falls Raceway for test and tune. Gives us one week to make adjustments before Norwalk.

Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	369631  

Boobs & bacon
Old 07-10-2014, 10:43 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Here's another with Jake installing driveshaft

Brian
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	140
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	369634  

Boobs & bacon
Old 07-10-2014, 10:46 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

One more angle
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	82
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	369635  

Boobs & bacon
Old 07-10-2014, 10:47 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Engine is done and ready to go back in. It's a turd but it works. Almost finished installing all new tin in the car. Most likely going to have a primer front clip and quarter panel but shoot paint don't make it go! After last years F-up loosing the short block and hitting the wall I should have sold it all. Most likely going untested with the Grand Prix if I can get the rest of it together in time. Shoot I still need all new tires! If I can't race that I'll bring the GTO and race in the stock class. One thing for sure is the Pontiac Nationals is always interesting. Your ready George?

http://www.highperformancepontiac.co...out/index.html
86 Grand Prix
535 High Port 8.93 @ 153
65 GTO
433 High Port 12.04 @ 113

Last edited by RA462; 07-10-2014 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 10:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BADDTA View Post
My son Jake & I have been thrashing for the last 3 weeks finishing up his car ( 67 firebird drag radial car). Have electrical to go, narrow rear seat, and install fab aluminum gas tank.
Going to Car Craft Nationals next Thursday. Then weekend after that test and tune at Rock Falls Raceway for test and tune. Gives us one week to make adjustments before Norwalk.

Brian

that is so cool!!!!

First ultra street/ultimate street NOS car to get into the 4's!
1.079 4.559 153.23.
3100 lbs
7.77 @ 169 1/4 Mile (2015) with EHTTFMF!!
T2TTFMF!

Special Thanks to:
Ron at Rhodes Custom Auto
Butler Peformance
Jim Hostler's Transmissions (HOSGTO) on here
Induction Solutions
BES Racing Engines.
Cheeseburger
VP Racing Fuels
Calvert Racing
Old 07-10-2014, 11:00 AM
Ultimate Warrior

im not making it. My wife is still recovering from her broken back and I cant leave her for 3 days.

Everyone have fun, go fast and be safe!!

First ultra street/ultimate street NOS car to get into the 4's!
1.079 4.559 153.23.
3100 lbs
7.77 @ 169 1/4 Mile (2015) with EHTTFMF!!
T2TTFMF!

Special Thanks to:
Ron at Rhodes Custom Auto
Butler Peformance
Jim Hostler's Transmissions (HOSGTO) on here
Induction Solutions
BES Racing Engines.
Cheeseburger
VP Racing Fuels
Calvert Racing
Old 07-10-2014, 11:01 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by RA462 View Post
Engine is done and ready to go back in. It's a turd but it works. Almost finished installing all new tin in the car. Most likely going to have a primer front clip and quarter panel but shoot paint don't make it go! After last years F-up loosing the short block and hitting the wall I should have sold it all. Most likely going untested with the Grand Prix if I can get the rest of it together in time. Shoot I still need all new tires! If I can't race that I'll bring the GTO and race in the stock class. One thing for sure is the Pontiac Nationals is always interesting. Your ready George?

Actually not even close. I did installed my crank, pistons & oil pump in a couple of days ago. Waiting on camshaft and car. It's going to be a last minute deal but I'll be there and ready.........time to get serious!

GTO George

Old 07-10-2014, 11:17 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by twooldgoats View Post
There's been an eerie silence about Norwalk in recent weeks. I haven't decided if it's because a bunch of the smack talkers are slinking off with their tails between their legs and their excuses at the ready OR because they're getting ready to amaze and delight Pontiac fans with their performance. I guess I'll have to wait and see. I will be there in spirit, but not in fact.

Jim
Well I'll be the first to say and admit that I'm not going to be ready to race.

Quote:

Brian
Looks good Brian! Good luck guys!

Making CVWHAT's great again. I guess it took a deplorable ECM member to do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Cox View Post
Holly cow we must be some dume corn huskers here in indiana or somthing!!!

Fastest Blow-thru Pontiac powered car in the Country 8.440@166.97 (3465lbs)

Fastest Pontiac CV-1 car on the planet with only 6 passes on the combo: 4.80@147.65/ 7.49@180.12MPH (3365lbs)
Old 07-10-2014, 11:30 AM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Send a message via MSN to Chris Petersen

Quote:

Brian
I wont be making it to Norwalk, but I am thrashing to make it to Car Craft, car has not left the neighborhood in almost 6 years, if you see my car at Car Craft, stop and say hi, always up for meeting others.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMAG0362.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	369636   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0352.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	369637  

463 SRP .035 Pistons, Eagle rods, N crank, Pump gas, Victor intake, Holley 850BT carb, 6H heads,TH400 w/T-Break, Continental custom 3500 converter, 3.73 gears. TV7101 TURBO!

Old 07-10-2014, 11:33 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:

Brian
Nice!

Old 07-10-2014, 01:07 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by twooldgoats View Post

Jim
the later....not the former.

Being dead, it is not hard on you. You don't even know you're dead. It is hard on everyone else that is not dead.
BEING STUPID WORKS THE SAME WAY! The rest of us suffer.
Old 07-10-2014, 01:10 PM

Default Normal

Just got done installing new slick on my 52 . Been running with my new w-6 head setup seems as though i have all the bugs worked out . I might even clean the car up before i leave . Hoping to get to talk to all my friends that i only get to see once a year . Hope everyone has a safe trip
Hill461
Winner q 16 2013
8.23 @ 167

Old 07-10-2014, 01:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RA462 View Post
don't feel bad I went untested and front clip and door in primer from a wreck in nov of 12 and made first hit at Norwalk! it will be fine get her there.

Old 07-10-2014, 01:15 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOGEORGE View Post
Actually not even close. I did installed my crank, pistons & oil pump in a couple of days ago. Waiting on camshaft and car. It's going to be a last minute deal but I'll be there and ready.........time to get serious!

GTO George
got ya beat! still waiting on crank, bringing the son and his dragster which is still going back together and may get a pass wed. of Norwalk. lol need luck and prayers at this point! good luck to everybody else thrashing.

Old 07-10-2014, 02:01 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Good to see you have it back together RA462. Car looked rough when we met in the pits last year. Good luck!

My wife says she'd llike my car a lot more if it wasn't mine.

64 Grand Prix 389 .030, 1.65 Scorpion Rollers, Tripower, RARE Long Branch, Custom Stainless Exhaust and mufflers, 3.90 posi 200-4R. 068 cam.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:23 PM
Ultimate Warrior

I still have a loooooooog way to go yet. More things are apart on the car than together still. I'm taking the day off work tomorrow and going to spend the majority of the weekend working on it. 2 things I would like to see this year is side by side Pontiac powered funny cars race. If I could see Big Chief and Jack race each other would be just as great to me.

http://www.highperformancepontiac.co...out/index.html
86 Grand Prix
535 High Port 8.93 @ 153
65 GTO
433 High Port 12.04 @ 113