Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-24-2018, 11:42 PM
Boost Engineer

Last Post with pictures.

In this post I will show some linkage used by Ford and explain a linkage I came up with.

In the first picture you see that Ford Linkage had all of the carb linkage basically on the same side.
You can see the connecting rods with the small slots on the set-up. A slot is on each end carb.
When the slot ends the carb opens just like the Pontiac Tri-Power except that the slot is not on the rod between the
center to rear carb, it is to both the center to rear carb and the center to front carb.

In the second picture you can clearly see the lever arms on the 3 carbs.
What I did was to mount the 65 GTO slotted rod in the normal manner between the center carb top hole and the rear carb top hole
(just like a factory set-up with the slotted rod INSIDE the center and rear carb lever arms.)

If you look closely at the end carb levers you will see that they have a second hole below the upper hole on the end carb arms.
I used a Pontiac passenger side rear to front carb metal rod installed in those two holes but with the rod on the drivers side.

Now all of the carb linkage for the Holley set-up is on one side of the carbs (just like the Ford system) but using the Pontiac
slotted rod and the Pontiac connecting rod. This way you have no throttle plate shaft bending like you would have with the set-ups
in the pics above or a factory Pontiac set-up.

Tom V.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ford carbs w linkage all on one side.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	476537   Click image for larger version

Name:	Holley carbs with my change.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	476538  

Despite small distractions, there are those who will go Forward, Learning, Sharing Knowledge, Doing what they can to help others move forward.

Last edited by Tom Vaught; 02-24-2018 at 11:54 PM.