The Body Shop TECH General questions that don't fit in any other forum

Old 06-07-2002, 08:59 AM

Does anyone know if soldering body panels is worth the work? or should it only be used on seems on quarters. (compered to bondo) Still planing body off resto 1972 gto option car. also is this car worthy of a frame off resto? what would the car be worth?

Thanks All in advance.

[ June 07, 2002, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: Stephen Chartier ]

Old 06-07-2002, 08:59 AM

Does anyone know if soldering body panels is worth the work? or should it only be used on seems on quarters. (compered to bondo) Still planing body off resto 1972 gto option car. also is this car worthy of a frame off resto? what would the car be worth?

Thanks All in advance.

[ June 07, 2002, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: Stephen Chartier ]

Old 06-07-2002, 03:55 PM

Stephen, body soldering is very expensive between the tools and equipment needed and not to mention the solder itself. It is also a very tricky material to work with if your not used to doing it. I haven't used it years and prefer to use the modern fillers. As far as the body off project, you have to decide what your plans are for the car. Will you want a trailer queen or a really nice driver that can hold its own at a show. Can't tell you the value of a GTO, I always approached it thinking what's my car worth to me. Have fun,good luck.