Old 05-02-2008, 01:29 PM
Senior Chief

Default Formula Steering Wheel Horn Button

I'm looking for a very nice condition black formula wheel horn button and I wasn't getting any replies from the "parts wanted" section so I thought I would try posting in here to get some exposure. Anybody got one for sale? Hope I'm not violating rules/etiquette by posting here. Thanks.

http://forums.maxperformanceinc.com/...d.php?t=558251

Scott

scottalawrence@aol.com

Old 05-02-2008, 02:16 PM

I've got a factory light blue one from a 79 T/A that's in decent shape... but you'd have to dye it of course. It does have the firebird logo in the middle, but those come off easliy. Let me know if you're intersted.

"Trans Am! What's your pleasure?"
Old 05-02-2008, 02:38 PM
Senior Chief

Thanks, if I can't find a nice black one I'll keep you in mind.

Scott

Old 05-02-2008, 03:23 PM

I don't think the horn button is what is holding this up. Those are easy to find. It is the arrowhead emblem that is hard to come by.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Senior Chief

No, I have the Pontiac emblem for the horn button - I ordered the "fat" formula steering wheel kit from PY and the reproduction horn button looks terrible and I wanted to find a really nice original to replace it. Something that would look good on a new steering wheel. At first it was because I was unhappy with how bad it looked, but today when I removed the horn button to adjust the horn contact pin I broke one of the prongs trying to get the damn thing back on. Now I have to replace it out of necessity, but I definitely will not order another one from PY. If someone has purchased one from another vendor that looks as good as an original, please let me know where you got it from. I was hoping to avoid using ebay. Thanks.

Scott
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	formula wheel 003.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	205.2 KB
ID:	131346