Pontiac - Street No question too basic here!

Old 01-19-2014, 02:55 PM

Default Valve Cover Clearance issues ?

Hey guys , does anyone have a 69 GP with tall valve covers and AC ? I just got some new valve Covers for a new build and I don't think they are going to work . These are custom made Alum. Tall ones for Roller Rockers . I really would like to keep my AC ,any ideas ?

Old 01-19-2014, 04:34 PM

I just spaced up my AC brackets at the intake and it was enough to clear my finned aluminum covers on my TA. I don't know if your brackets are similar.

Hedman elite; Pypes 2.5; Borla XS; MSD 6A; Edelbrock intake; open scoop; Sniper Q-jet; Powermaster 150; 4 core radiator/Mark VIII fan; RobbMc mini starter; subframe connectors; solid body mounts; fiberglass rear springs; poly sway bar and link bushings; 81 master; D52’s; Blazer disks; 225/60 & 235/60 17's TrueContact's; relays for PW, PDL, lights; keyless entry
The Following User Says Thank You to MNBob For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2014, 11:14 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBob View Post
I just spaced up my AC brackets at the intake and it was enough to clear my finned aluminum covers on my TA. I don't know if your brackets are similar.

X2, part of the process when going with aftermarket parts and working out the issues one develops. It's doable.

The Following User Says Thank You to PONTIAC DUDE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2014, 09:24 PM

Default Valve cover clearance !

Thanks for the reply guys, maybe I just wasn't looking at it correctly . If there is a way to do it I'll usually figure it out ! The bracket I was concerned about comes off the intake roughly midways back and is only a 1/4" at best off the factory valve cover .