Old 06-21-2012, 08:38 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to james47

beauty rings an 15inch tires. still a very nice car

Old 06-21-2012, 08:58 AM
Ultimate Warrior

This one is near me, not bad looking, could be a T-37.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/cto/3082812687.html

1970 Green Pontiac Tempest - $12000

63,000 original miles, great condition. Serious inquires only.

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 06-21-2012, 09:06 AM
formerly Steved400

Send a message via Yahoo to Steve Hoog

Seems a wee bit high.

Old 06-21-2012, 09:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I paid more for my no-traction POS!

And go racin' in the street.

Bruce Springsteen - Racing In The Street - 1978
Old 06-21-2012, 09:39 AM

Not all Heavy Chevy cars got the deals. A buddy owns an origional with no call outs but it's listed on the bos. OE 4 spd car.

moderator is a glorified word for an unappreciated prick..................

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the
former." --Albert Einstein

"There is no such thing as a good tax."

"We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle."

- Winston Churchill
Old 06-21-2012, 10:23 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Made some calls last night, my memory was wrong about the smallblock 400, I have pulled way too many 400SBC's as cores since that time, & the things that stuck out in my memory on that particular car was the bump hood, the fender emblems, & the faded gold color. This bump hood '71 Malibu was original placer gold (my old friend's dad had referred to it as glacer gold which made me look it up). For us '71-72 Pontiac guys, its code 53 Quezal gold. It was an original 402/ M20 car with no a/c, bench seat, 3.31's & no posi. The Malibu was originally delivered with bump hood & hood pins. As originally produced (it was built in Arlington), the Malibu did not have heavy chevy stripes or decals but had Malibu 400 emblems on the front fenders. Could it have been misbuilt as a heavy chevy, we're not sure. The Malibu has since been "upgraded" to SS Chevelle status, complete with a dash swap. Not exactly what i wanted to hear considering how rare it is, but its not my car.

Sorry for derailing the original T-37 topic.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:38 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'ol Pinion head View Post
The real oddity in this era is the Malibu 400. anyone else ever run across a barebones '71 Malibu with a bump hood & its factory 400 SBC???
That could describe a "Heavy Chevy" Chevelle...The GT-37s cousin.

Car is a junk yard dog and maybe one day will be restored.
Old 06-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Chief Ponti-yacker

Not sure if it was factory or if dealer installed, but I remember seeing a new 1972 Cutlass S 455 (not a 442) with the OAI W-25 hood on the dealer lot of Sam White Oldsmobile back in the day, so I don't doubt the Malibu 400 that OPH saw had the bump hood and pins. However, the few Malibu 400s I have seen in the past had the regular flat hood. They were real sleepers.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Ultimate Warrior

in 72 you could get the w25 on any cutlass except a supreme..of course pace cars where supremes..lol..in 72 442 was an appearance option, the only car that got the w-25 hood standard was a w-30 and of course it had to be a 442 if it had a w-30

theres a few car and wagons and 4 doors that had w-25s stock and plain old cutalss',, then over the 80s people pulled them off because urban legend said only a 442..now, there many doucment 350 cars that have the ram air hood..it takes time for the secrets of these cars to finally be know and legend layed to the side

yes..in 72 it was possible to order a vista cruiser with a w-25 and all the 442 appearance options on a plain old wagon..

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 06-21-2012, 03:33 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i never say never anymore...but i doubt the domed hood on a malibu 400...doesnt mean ya didnt see one..but assy line, i dont think so, but i guarantee, if you wanted one, the dealer would gladly put one on and paint it and have it ready when ya pick it up new, hell they may have slapped a few on there to move the cars..the malibu 400 was expensive and did not sell well at all..like a daytona or superbird

all the chevelle stuff is so well documented it would have come out by now...theres 50 chevelle guys for 1 GTO guy and with that many people and resources, those cars are studied to death.

The Goat whisperer

"I spent a lot of my money on booze, crazy women, and fast cars. The rest I just squandered."

Old 06-21-2012, 03:55 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002Z4CSS View Post
That could describe a "Heavy Chevy" Chevelle...The GT-37s cousin.
Malibu I've referred to was/is not a Heavy Chevy. I've examined quite a few Heavy Chevys over the years & parted on quite a few in boneyards. From speaking with the owner, his dad ordered it in late Jan of '71 & took delivery around Valentines day. The malibu came with the bump hood, the fender piercings & potmetal Malibu 400 emblems on the fenders along with normal Malibu argent colored grille. No fender or hood decals or body side stripes. The bump hood was body color, & correct me if I'm wrong, don't believe one could get one with out the hood pin holes, so it being installed with factory hood pins & lanyards was a must. The car was most possibly a factory blunder. Won't be the first.

In respect to the Heavy Chevy being the GT-37's cousin, maybe when comparing lowest powertrain combo's. The GT-37's optional powertrain combinations went a lot further..

Last edited by 'ol Pinion head; 06-21-2012 at 04:08 PM. Reason: add info
Old 06-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Ultimate Warrior

all domed hoods had hood pins, they where stmped from the press that way..the hole is tear drop shape..

The Goat whisperer

Old 06-21-2012, 05:32 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Thats what I thought, I've only had a few original bump hoods over the years. Currently have an original cowl hood. needs a little stud gun work & some time with my metal finisher

Old 06-21-2012, 06:18 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Some comments:

- The W-25 *was* available on the Cutlass Supreme.

- The 400 in the Chevelle was a big block 402, not a small block 400. It was available on the standard car, the Heavy Chevy, and the SS.

- Domed hood standard on the SS and Heavy Chevy, unavailable elsewhere.

Old 06-21-2012, 06:53 PM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego View Post
- The W-25 *was* available on the Cutlass Supreme.

proof of this? but according to a few knowledgable cutlass guys it wasnt, and just because you comment it was, is not proof..

i thought i found a real 72 supreme with w-25 and rsearched it hard..according to some it was probably dealer installed because it was-not avail by the factory..i dont know.,..i dont care, id just like to know...this isnt a pissing match.i just would like to see proof..cuz the car is still available..

The Goat whisperer

Old 06-22-2012, 11:09 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I have production figures from the GM Heritage Center by model, and the W25 is listed there.

You can also view a thread on this here:

http://classicoldsmobile.com/forums/...rder-cars.html

I can appreciate you not thinking this is a pissing match. All too often people's egos get in the way of the fun of discussing facts, especially when it's concerning a kid who wasn't alive during the muscle car era.

Old 06-22-2012, 10:03 PM
Ultimate Warrior

i have add and dyslexia, so sometimes when i read stuff it takes a couple of times before i get it, but the window sticker and the jist of the conversation makes me believe it was dealer installed..is that what you get out of it?

The Goat whisperer

Old 06-23-2012, 12:54 AM
Ultimate Warrior

And now, back to "OH".

Old 06-23-2012, 08:41 AM
Ultimate Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Peters View Post
And now, back to "OH".
why? that part of the post ran its course, how many times can we talk about it not selling?

arent you interested in learning something ya dont know? beside these posts breathed new life to a dying thread and people are obviously interested.....unless Chris says something..why does it matter?

The Goat whisperer

Old 06-23-2012, 11:59 AM
Ultimate Warrior

I am a person who likes to keep things on topic and do not wish to read through several pages of off topic material. Why not keep it on topic and make a new topic to fill those needs.
I have seen to many good topics ruined by going off topic. Just a personal preference.

Now, what ever happened to the black GT? Anybody know?